What new things should Nintendo add in Mariokart 9 (Next Mariokart)

PrayNight said:
Hey guys with another post!

What things do you think they should add in the next mariokart game? It could be a track, an item, and enemy. So what are your ideas?

My idea:
1. More selection of characters.
2. More tracks (instead of 8 tracks or 12 tracks maybe 16? or 18?
3. Ask the community for ideas!

Recoloring for characters. I WANT A PURPLE SHY GUY!

Never even saw this.

If we are talking about the supposed Mario Kart 8 Switch Port, I'd assume we'd get 6 new characters (judging by the shape and size of the roster screen), 2 new cups which includes 8 new tracks, a couple new kart parts, and yeah maybe some new item(s).

I'd like Birdo, Bowser Jr, and Diddy alongside King Boo simply because they made their MK debut in Double Dash and they feel like the console characters and Birdo is even shown in this http://www.mariowiki.com/File:MK8-WomenofRacing1.png yet she isn't a racer in MK8. As much as I am not a fan of Birdo or Diddy, they feel necessary. The two other slots are up in arms for me, I was thinking Dry Bones but then I realize they are obstacles in Bone Dry Dunes but then there's Wiggler a racer in 7 with Wiggler obstacles in Maple Treeway. But I think Wiggler should take it if it's a returning character. Otherwise the last two slots should go to a ton of racer but one NEW one I think should be Kamek/Magikoopa whatever. An emblem was found in the files and wasn't he in MK64 at one point?

Tracks, well looking at DLC they did 4 retro tracks, 4 new tracks and looking at what we have left. SNES: 2, N64: 0, GBA: 1, GCN: 0, DS: 1, Wii: 1, 3DS: 0. I assume it should be 1 SNES track, 1 GBA track, 1 DS track, and 1 Wii track. I was thinking either a Vanilla Lake or a Bowser's Castle since both of those themes from SNES haven't been remade but I think it should go to SNES Bowser's Castle since we don't have a retro BC and we have 3 snow/ice courses. GBA... idk Lakeside Park? They can reuse the volcanic debris from Wii GV which is the lazy way though. Honestly I don't know for DS and Wii. And for new tracks, I want like a city track like Moonview, but I want a Japan feel with shrines, bright neon signs, something based on Tokyo. I'd like a Jungle course, a factory course and something very different and unique.

But if we a truly talking about a new Mario Kart that is not a port or remake, that's a whole 'nother post(s).

For me, as track themes, I'd like to have to drive in a fun fair, a battletank field, a minigolf court, a track with an 8-bit theme, a rocky volcano (to be honest, the battlerock galaxy, but as a mountain would do it), a crystal cave, a dungeon in which you go straight all the time (like, no turns), a desert with ice in it, a japanese city (as the reply above states), a construction site, a castle in the bottom of the ocean, a track based off of super mario 3d world, an aerial zone with bob-ombs falling, a jungle with ruins in it and as the final track, a track based off of mario galaxy with you having to glide from planet to planet.

This was of course including DLC. Now I know I have my hopes too high on that, but seen the track selection of MK8, that's definitely possible.

As items, we can get the light box, putting it to some good use: when it flashes, it distracts all the racers behind you. And the cat bell could make you throw yarn at another racers like a lasso and pull them behind you. And also a shell shield that completely protects you from everything but lasts until it takes too many hits.

I love the Super Duel Mode parts too. But they really feel more like battle tanks than actual race cars

Waaiiiit speaking of tanks, I'd LOVE to see that tank from MKAGPDX

Ah the memories... Of not being able to name my machine properly thanks to the character limit ... And yet the CPU had whatever name no matter how long it was .

I name my machine after those button icons on the GameCube

My favorite is
GCN_Y.png
GCN_A.png
GCN_R.png
GCN_B.png
GCN_L.png
GCN_Y.png
GCN_X.png
*coin icon*

Never forget my machine Yarblyx.

I always steal Peach's CPU combination

I figured it's one of the best , if not THE best.

The Lab body + and clouds as tires + Bullet bill + Super Star engine or Schoolar engine.

You'll be flying in no time.

I know we're getting off topic, we could probably take this to the Post Random Thoughts Thread, but E. Gadd body + E. Gadd Jet + E. Gadd Engine + Mr. Eye Laser is the best combo. It's quick, it's speedier than the Lakitu Cloud, and the Mr. Eye Laser is the best weapon hands down, because it's extremely quick and it's as deadly as it's quick, taking down like almost 2 hearts.

Baby Luigi said:
Mr. Eye Laser is the best weapon hands down, because it's extremely quick and it's as deadly as it's quick, taking down like almost 2 hearts.
Not to mention, it's a lightweight weapon, so it won't compromise on your vehicle's speed.

Also, I'd like to see tires resemble like E.Gadd jet but they're still affected by terrain. It would look neat.

Character specific vehicles should look like this, or those enemy-inspired vehicles should take inspiration from this

cq3-rnuukaey0uxjpg-42cb2e_765w.jpg

The Oscar Meyer Wiener mobile as a playable kart.

YoshiGo99 said:
Tracks, well looking at DLC they did 4 retro tracks, 4 new tracks and looking at what we have left. SNES: 2, N64: 0, GBA: 1, GCN: 0, DS: 1, Wii: 1, 3DS: 0. I assume it should be 1 SNES track, 1 GBA track, 1 DS track, and 1 Wii track. I was thinking either a Vanilla Lake or a Bowser's Castle since both of those themes from SNES haven't been remade but I think it should go to SNES Bowser's Castle since we don't have a retro BC and we have 3 snow/ice courses. GBA... idk Lakeside Park? They can reuse the volcanic debris from Wii GV which is the lazy way though. Honestly I don't know for DS and Wii. And for new tracks, I want like a city track like Moonview, but I want a Japan feel with shrines, bright neon signs, something based on Tokyo. I'd like a Jungle course, a factory course and something very different and unique.
Actually the number of possible retro tracks left is: SNES=11 N64=1 GBA=10 GCN=4 DS=5 Wii=9 3DS=12. The last N64 track is Wario Stadium.

[quote author=Yoshi the SSM]Actually the number of possible retro tracks left is: SNES=11 N64=1 GBA=10 GCN=4 DS=5 Wii=9 3DS=12. The last N64 track is Wario Stadium.
[/quote]
Even then though, they've already used Retro tracks more than once before (including every SNES course that's appeared since DS), so really they could bring back any course not already in 8.

Since Mario Kart 8, I don't think there are any "rules" for what tracks Nintendo wants to bring back. They bring back what they want to bring back.

I bet they will call the Switch port, Super Mario Kart 8

New Kart 8 Mario Super

If Double Dash's two-in-one kart returned, I think it would look something like this.

team_power___by_superlakitu-d8jj6c0.png

The changes I'd make would be:

Metal Mario and Pink Gold Peach replacing Dr. Mario and Dr. Luigi.

Toadsworth and E. Gadd being partners.

Back