What new things should Nintendo add in Mariokart 9 (Next Mariokart)

having a track editor seems just incredibly unrealistic, they'd have to make it easy for everyone to understand and use which would be very difficult for something as complicated as mario kart tracks

if they added one you'd probably only be able to make very basic and flat courses similar to the snes tracks, which would be boring as hell

Powerful track editors are something realizable, though. Modnations and Trackmania are both known for their pretty good track editors.

I'm just not sure if Nintendo is capable of pulling it off. And if they could, they need to focus the entire game around it rather than creating their own pre-set tracks (which eats up the meat of the development time) as in the typical Mario Kart game.

well yeah, good track editors aren't impossible, but i'm just saying that it would be difficult to make one that has as many features as those ones you listed without alienating a lot of their demographic

and yeah if there was one the game would have to be something similar to mario maker where the game is driven almost completely by user-created levels, which i'm not sure i'd want as the next mario kart game

Goomba driver pls

I would've prefer Goombrats or Galoombas as drivers myself. Goombas are best suited as obstacles.

Thanks for reading.

There's nothing saying you can't have both a Goomba as a driver and a course obstacle. That didn't stop Wiggler from being playable simultaneously to the track hazard Wigglers in Mario Kart 7.

Baby Luigi said:
There's nothing saying you can't have both a Goomba as a driver and a course obstacle. That didn't stop Wiggler from being playable simultaneously to the track hazard Wigglers in Mario Kart 7.

Ah, that's right, I didn't think of Wiggler. Come to think of it, Wiggler is the only example that happened from what I can tell, in a retro track (unless there's a Nitro track featuring Wigglers obstacles in Mario Kart 7 that I am missing). Koopa Troopas aren't obstacles at any point, and Dry Bones are obstacles in Mario Kart 8 (where they are not playable).

In any case, you made a good point that characters and obstacles can be together.

Thanks for reading.

Thanks for reading.

I would say that Goomba can't drive for having no arms, but that didn't stop Ripper Roo from being a racer in Crash Team Racing.

MnSG said:
I would say that Goomba can't drive for having no arms, but that didn't stop Ripper Roo from being a racer in Crash Team Racing.
MopedMayhem2.png

Don't forget Thwomp being able to drive a moped in Mario Party 8.

Ooooh... Dat minigame!
While they're at it, why not make a Flagpole ride a moped?

That is very, very far-fetched.

Not even GBA has all courses ever, just the tracks from Super Mario Kart.

It takes like 6 freaking months to make just 8 tracks, demonstrated by the development of DLC Pack 2. 8 tracks. That's a small percent of all tracks that existed. Unless you want your Mario Kart 9 to come out like 16 years from now, they can't do it.

Pallet swaps for all characters. Maybe not as much as 9 colors like Yoshi and Shy Guy have, but at least 4/5 each.

New voice acting. All characters need it so bad, i hate the Wii U quality voice acting in Mario Kart 8.

So generic , plain and annoying. Doesnt make me feel like i'm racing in a cool track as a cool character , is just too over the top. One of the few things i truly hate in MK8.

Baby Luigi's voice acting is great in any game though :3

I do prefer his Mario Kart Wii voice but his Mario Kart 8 is still really cutesy and omg kawaiiiy enough for to totally enjoy using him.

I thought Peach's voice in Mario Kart 8 was really good, and while I prefer DK's Mario Kart Wii voice, his voice in Mario Kart 8 is still a bit funny.

I wish i could say the same. And no , im not really going to just single out and keep referencing Rosalina's , in fact Peach also bothers me for the opposite reason , she is way too quiet to my taste as opposed to Mario Kart Wii and 7.

It bothers me they chopped her MKWii victory quote when she says ''Woo yay I DID IT!'' , they deleted the ''I did it''.

Certain Koopaling fans seem to be slightly bothered as well because some of them changed their NSMB voices , which IMO is not so drastic.

Sadly for me , The MK for the Switch is more than likely to be an enhanced port which , knowing Nintendo , means they would totally reuse existing SFX aside from music.

While some of Rosalina's voice clips could've been better, she at least sounded cute most of the time.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Sadly for me , The MK for the Switch is more than likely to be an enhanced port which , knowing Nintendo , means they would totally reuse existing SFX aside from music.
True, but the enhanced port probably won't be Mario Kart 9. The true MK9 will probably come later and be a totally new game, hopefully with good voice clips.

I give credit to Mario Kart 8 for having a Baby Peach voice clip that outdoes her original screaming from Mario Kart Wii and Mario Super Sluggers.

A lot of voices have a shrill, shrieky quality to them. It feels like a downgrade from Mario Kart 7, where it was actually satisfying hitting someone. This game, they just make a small "oopsie" or "ow." rather than yelling in pain, compared to the predecessors. Hell, they yell more when they slip out for some reason. Few exceptions though.

I mean, I don't even think it's a downward spiral

Mario Party 10/Star Rush proved that characters can still sound goddang hilarious in recent years.

A51_Trooper should definitely play Star Rush, Donkey Kong's "stunned" sound effect is hilarious as hell, as well as him dying.

Hell, Mario Kart 8 still has some hilarity. Baby Luigi's MAMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA and WAAAAAAAAHHH after slipping on a banana peel never gets old

Baby Luigi said:
A51_Trooper should definitely play Star Rush, Donkey Kong's "stunned" sound effect is hilarious as hell, as well as him dying.

Don't worry. Before I purchase the game (If I do it at all), I think someone will upload a video of all of DK's voice clips. Then I can just play it and laugh.

Back