''A new type of Mario is coming.''

GalacticPetey said:
Mario: Breath of the Wild

Survival action/adventure RPG with a massive open world. Play as Mario and set the Mushroom Kingdom aflame.
This one's better. Super Mario: Breath of the Wild Waluigi

Comes with it's own scratch and sniff guaranteed to kill.

Striker Mario said:
Then it wouldn't be Mario, eh?
Well, it'd probably have a different title. Kinda like Luigi's Mansion, Super Princess Peach, Wario's Woods, and Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.
DragonFreak said:
For serious tho, what if the new Waluigi Amiibo was foreshadowing this "new type of mario"
Daisy has the same potential. You can't ignore the other characters who are in the same boat as Waluigi.
Rosalina also has potential for her own game, judging by her new "Creator's Pet" status at Nintendo.

DragonFreak said:
yes i can :waluigi:
I give up.

Anyhoodles, what if this new type of Mario was higher rated? I mean, at least E10+. There could be more complicated stories and a more serious atmosphere.
Granted, the RPGs and even Pokémon have done this at only an E rating, so maybe there's something else to it...

Mario's main appeal is that all audiences can enjoy it. Increasing the age-ratings is going to counteract what Mario is all about, the accessibility of his franchise.

J-Yoshi64 said:
DragonFreak said:
yes i can :waluigi:
I give up.

Anyhoodles, what if this new type of Mario was higher rated? I mean, at least E10+. There could be more complicated stories and a more serious atmosphere.
Granted, the RPGs and even Pokémon have done this at only an E rating, so maybe there's something else to it...
Huh, I don't want that to happen.

I just want kid-friendly and maybe a little edge (think Strikers) if you do want to go to the E10+ rating.

It better not be a reboot like how Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was to Castlevania and DMC: Devil May Cry was to Devil May Cry.

If it is then I'd rather tell Nintendo to BURN BURN TO THE GROUND!!.

A reboot would imply there is something to reboot.

Dr. Alphys said:
No guys, I think I figured it out.
put that thing back where it came from or so help me

Green eyes with their soft lights.

GBAToad said:
Dr. Alphys said:
No guys, I think I figured it out.
put that thing back where it came from or so help me
Not gonna lie, I laughed super hard when I read that.

Maybe there will be a less visually-cartoonish style? I dunno. I'm just grasping at straws here.

Mcmadness said:
A reboot would imply there is something to reboot.
Besides, most reboots suck nowadays. Like, say for instance Castlevania: Lords of Shadow was awful and wasn't really good. Its storyline was nonsensical when compared to the old Castlevania, like Gabriel Belmont becoming Dracula and Trevor Belmont being Alucard. I don't want Mario to have a reboot to a more dark and gritty approach, and if it does then I'll shit my pants.

Guys, MIYAMOTO said the new type of Mario quote

Regardless how people thought it was a big mistake when he decided to place this philosophy to Sticker Star: It's obvious he's against much story at all with the Mario series (Heck in most of the games Miyamoto produced for Zelda and Star Fox they weren't really that heavy in story either). A rebooted Mario with a deep story is certainly not one of the possibilities here.

I wouldn't want it to be anyhow. If I wanted a deeper more complex story I wouldn't play Mario.

Mario Wright: Mushroom Attorney

featuring Prosecutor Von Koopa and his son who has a whip which he spreads graffiti paint with. also instead of "objection" Mario shouts "mama mia"

Back