''A new type of Mario is coming.''

Kanan Matsuura said:
Zae Eildus said:
needs the binding of mario
there's a mod for that
Do you play as Mario

Mcmadness said:
I wouldn't want it to be anyhow. If I wanted a deeper more complex story I wouldn't play Mario.
I don't want a deep, complex story. I'll just end up glossing over the details. Just focus on the characters.

Oh wait..!

Mario might have dialogue again this time! :O

It will be 365 different variants of ''yahoo''

That's not dialogue, though. Dialogue implies something more coherent.

But what if Mario becomes an unlikeable assnose... huh.

365 different ways of douchebaggery

Mcmadness said:
I wouldn't want it to be anyhow. If I wanted a deeper more complex story I wouldn't play Mario.

yeah like really, mario games never had deep complex storylines and never will.

That would be like saying gears of war would make an excellent visual game in the colorful category.

well there was this

I would realy love an semi-open world Mario Sunshine 2. Delfino Island free to explore and the old levels will all be there, with new 'levels' and other small platforming or challenge sections in the world. Shines will be either hidden in the world, bought with blue coins or collected via story missions. Story missions can be started by interacting with NPC's or start automatically when you enter an area for the first time.

How about New Super Koopalings?
You get a whole new selection of attacks: Hammers, magic, fire, shells, ground pound, stun, Iggy's butt smacking taunt, rings, Mohawks,...
It'd be a nice change of protagonists.

How about a Mario Kart where instead of how it normally is, you can drive around the Mushroom Kingdom and its many biomes? I think that plus SmashNGrab's idea of different missions and stuff would make a game I would certainly love.

Magikrazy said:
How about a Mario Kart where instead of how it normally is, you can drive around the Mushroom Kingdom and its many biomes? I think that plus SmashNGrab's idea of different missions and stuff would make a game I would certainly love.
yes please i've wanted this since i first started playing mario kart games

You shouldn't get your hopes up yet. It's still possible this is some kind of joke, like when he said he was going to announce who the Koopalings' mother is.

Maybe at the end of it, it'll be a picture of Mario wearing a different hat.

yeah he's right

shigeru miyamoto is a bigger troll than square enix when it comes to announcements

Magikrazy said:
Like a wide open sandbox game? I wouldn't mind that. I'd love some in-depth world-building in my Mario games. It will just make me fall in love with the locales even more.

A game like that can also hide so many easter eggs and other shenanigans, so I don't think it'd get too boring.

Dr. Alphys said:
You shouldn't get your hopes up yet. It's still possible this is some kind of joke, like when he said he was going to announce who the Koopalings' mother is.

Maybe at the end of it, it'll be a picture of Mario wearing a different hat.

actually fuck a different kind of game, i want that to happen.

SmashNGrab said:
I would realy love an semi-open world Mario Sunshine 2. Delfino Island free to explore and the old levels will all be there, with new 'levels' and other small platforming or challenge sections in the world. Shines will be either hidden in the world, bought with blue coins or collected via story missions. Story missions can be started by interacting with NPC's or start automatically when you enter an area for the first time.

This... is a dream stated so succintly. Isle Delfino would be perfect for a sandbox setting. Imagine that tropical feel in great detail...

Honestly though, a sandbox style game could be a possibility. Mario games have consistently been veering away from careful exploration. In the older games, such as SMB3 or SMW, there was a huge emphasis on finding secrets in great abundance and experimenting with different styles of play to find those secrets. Neither SM64 or Sunshine did a great job recapturing that particular experience, due to the limited size of levels and inability to utilize a lot of detail. A complex, three dimensional sandbox game emphasizing exploration and secrets could represent a "new" kind of Mario on modern consoles.

Of course, they could throw a huge curveball and make a game emphasizing internet-connected multiplayer... though I personally couldn't see that happening.

id prefer sarasalsaland(whatever daisy rules over) instead since we really have no knowledge off it, making it rather fresh and just something new as some sort of open world/sandbox type game.

SmashNGrab said:
Make it a semi-open third-person shooter and I'll be sold.

Zae Eildus said:
id prefer sarasalsaland(whatever daisy rules over) instead since we really have no knowledge off it, making it rather fresh and just something new as some sort of open world/sandbox type game.
I would KILL to have Sarassaland come back. Nintendo had their chance with Super Mario 3D Land but they BLEW IT.

Screw you Nintendo. Don't call it 3D Land if it has nothing to do with Super Mario Land.

Same goes with 3D World and Super Mario World.

DragonFreak said:
Zae Eildus said:
I would KILL to have Sarassaland come back. Nintendo had their chance with Super Mario 3D Land but they BLEW IT.

Screw you Nintendo. Don't call it 3D Land if it has nothing to do with Super Mario Land.

Same goes with 3D World and Super Mario World.
Now now. We got Chargin' Chucks in SM3DW , which we all know were the defining characters of SMW.

Well I mean Land and World are pretty common words. Would you rather we get Super Mario 3D Place or Super Mario 3D Area?

Back