''A new type of Mario is coming.''

super mario 3d terraqueous macrocosm

Magikrazy said:
Well I mean Land and World are pretty common words. Would you rather we get Super Mario 3D Place or Super Mario 3D Area?

we could have gotten country or something

NEW SUPER KOOPALING

so you mean every nsmb game aside from the first.

GalacticPetey said:
DragonFreak said:
Zae Eildus said:
id prefer sarasalsaland(whatever daisy rules over) instead since we really have no knowledge off it, making it rather fresh and just something new as some sort of open world/sandbox type game.
I would KILL to have Sarassaland come back. Nintendo had their chance with Super Mario 3D Land but they BLEW IT.

Screw you Nintendo. Don't call it 3D Land if it has nothing to do with Super Mario Land.

Same goes with 3D World and Super Mario World.
Now now. We got Chargin' Chucks in SM3DW , which we all know were the defining characters of SMW.
.....ok you got me there.
Magikrazy said:
Well I mean Land and World are pretty common words. Would you rather we get Super Mario 3D Place or Super Mario 3D Area?
I guess but it feels kind of deceiving.

PrinceLarryKoopa88 said:
How about New Super Koopalings?
You get a whole new selection of attacks: Hammers, magic, fire, shells, ground pound, stun, Iggy's butt smacking taunt, rings, Mohawks,...
It'd be a nice change of protagonists.
If this means something like Metroidvania (but please, another kind of Iggy's taunt...) and with Bowser Jr. as well, I'm in (well, I would be in anyway, but I'd like a decent game too)!

BUT

We first need that Bowser's game...

GalacticPetey said:
DragonFreak said:
Zae Eildus said:
id prefer sarasalsaland(whatever daisy rules over) instead since we really have no knowledge off it, making it rather fresh and just something new as some sort of open world/sandbox type game.
I would KILL to have Sarassaland come back. Nintendo had their chance with Super Mario 3D Land but they BLEW IT.

Screw you Nintendo. Don't call it 3D Land if it has nothing to do with Super Mario Land.

Same goes with 3D World and Super Mario World.
Now now. We got Chargin' Chucks in SM3DW , which we all know were the defining characters of SMW.
And "Galoombas" and SMW Koopa Troopas. But still, nothing to do with SMW. No Yoshi? No Dinosaur Land?

Both 3D Land and 3D World are based on SMB3.

based on? they're quite literally half ass attempts at being the same thing.

smw is like the only exception really, since it did whole new things.

Zae Eildus said:
based on? they're quite literally half ass attempts at being the same thing.
Yeah.

Loot at the first 4 original 2d mario games (smb1-3 (not lost levels or combine that with smb1) and smw) and now compare that with all on nsmb series.

The original four all locked drastically different and I love that. Nintendo didn't even try to make the nsmb series unique. Not even 3d land or 3d world looked to be it's own thing. It's just really bad.

well to be fair 3d world actually looks pretty good, the others i cant say the same for.

i might be biased for 3d world anyway because its jazzy soundtrack and the fact that rosalina is playable.

If by looked different, you're referring to aesthetics, pretty sure the differences were due to the series being young and still trying to find its look.

Magikrazy said:
If by looked different, you're referring to aesthetics, pretty sure the differences were due to the series being young and still trying to find its look.
Im dont think that's the case. If it was, it means the original 2d marios never did find their "look" because none of them looked remotely close to each other. and if the nsmb series is really what nintendo thought would be 2d mario's "look" from now on...i guess more power to them.

It only looked different because of major advances in technology. If you actually look at the artwork it was largely the same from game to game.

Magikrazy said:

not really that generally comes with sequels, there gameplay changes/improvements across the board. Smb1 was ya know mario basics, no overworld, 3 powerups, not much going on, control was ya know something to start with but a bit unyieldly.

uh lost levels ah piece of shit game moving on, smb2 usa wasnt even a mario game, so im not sure how to take that. Smb3, managed to be smb but with an overworld, item box system, tons of new powerups, making improvements to the controls, using far more variety in level design, bosses were still an issue, but ya know whatever. Was a drastic improvement over previous games for certain, smw kinda ran with the smb3 thing but with far less powerups overall to make more interesting changes such as multiple exits, an optional world, one powerup leading to many others, the in level item box system, ghost houses, yoshi, uh lets what else here, im sure there was somethign else too but i dont remember it all here, im an old man and such but yeah id say games continued to improve in 2d.

The problem with nsmb from the two games i played, it did introduce new stuff, but it was very meager in comparison to former 2d titles, and often relied on a bunch of other stuff to do the job for it.

I mean if that does it for you then okay but honestly its really underwhelming at this point. I'll give points to 3d world though for making some pretty interesting bosses, uh a nice new powerup, peach being playable again, rosalina being playable, having a very interesting final world, i see it as good and ive only seen vids of it.

But nsmb in particular didnt really deliver for me.

Yeah the NSMB series was pretty cut and paste, I felt like the only one that brought significant additions were the first 2.

3D Land was them trying a new type of 3D Mario and world added a bunch of cool stuff that while not pushing the series forward in any major capacity still made it in my opinion a game worth owning and playing.

Hopefully however now that Mario maker is a thing we've seen the last of cut and paste 2D Marios.

but mario maker doesnt really do it justice, yeah you can make your own levels, but your creativity is limited to those tools and from what ive heard its not doing so well in the new content department.

Honestly id be good with a 2d game, not a 2d game with 3d models no i keep wanting this 2d sprites and shit just to see how creative they could get with that with todays technology, of course at this point its wishful thinking, but im a big time nerd and i can only dream of this stuff.

I don't mean for Mario maker to replace 2D Marios, I mean we'll hopefully get new and fresh ones now.

Mcmadness said:
I don't mean for Mario maker to replace 2D Marios, I mean we'll hopefully get new and fresh ones now.

oh no no no i wasnt implying that sorry i was rambling there, didnt mean to cause some awkwardness.

WE JUST WANT GOOD GAMES DAMMIT

I don't know if any of you have seen gameplay footage of Cuphead, but I'd love something like that style for Mario.

"A new type of Mario is coming"

I don't know how to respond. I feel that Nintendo needs my thinking grenades.

GalacticPetey said:
What the hell is a thinking grenade?

a big idea that makes lesser ideas, that sink into the ground forming no ideas whatsoever

Back