Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash

I do want to see stamps in this game

When you beat a tournament, you earn that character's stamp. Sorta how like Mario Kart 8 did it.

It wouldn't be motivation for me to use Yoshi.

Mario Party Σ said:

Yes, because everyone knows that both you and your sister BLOF hate Yoshi so the Yoshi stamp doesn't mean anything for you and BLOF if I am getting this right.

Pwwnd123 said:
Mario Party Σ said:

Yes, because everyone knows that both you and your sister BLOF hate Yoshi so the Yoshi stamp doesn't mean anything for you and BLOF if I am getting this right.
That is correct.

Although it could be motivation for them to play as Yoshi if when he wins, it shows a cutscene of him tied to a chair while Mario and Baby Luigi reenact the torture scene from Reservoir Dogs.

clowns to the left of me,
jokers to the right
here i am
stuck in the middle with you

Mangle the Withered Fox said:
Can we get a Mii in this game?

No, they're awful in Mario Tennis Open.

Magikrazy said:
Although it could be motivation for them to play as Yoshi if when he wins, it shows a cutscene of him tied to a chair while Mario and Baby Luigi reenact the torture scene from Reservoir Dogs.

clowns to the left of me,
jokers to the right
here i am
stuck in the middle with you

I'd play as Yoshi if that happened

I hope Item Battle returns or you know i could just play mario kart

Item Battle is always loads of fun

I'd expect it returns in this game.

I'd like to see king boo in this too

Preferably with his LM look but I doubt it.

Has past Mario Tennis games allow for the same character (even offline)? If not, I would like to see it here too, though maybe they would have different colours instead.

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
Has past Mario Tennis games allow for the same character (even offline)? If not, I would like to see it here too, though maybe they would have different colours instead.

Mario Golf 64 did it but Mario games are not known for color swapped characters for multiple characters.

Baby Luigi said:
winstein said:

Mario Golf 64 did it but Mario games are not known for color swapped characters for multiple characters.

What about Mario Tennis 64? I mean, besides Mario the umpire changing colours when Mario is on the court.

Thanks for reading.

It didn't have it. I know Donkey Kong Jr. does have a color swap but 1. I never used it and 2. it's exclusive to him

No it didn't, as far as I recall

I hope that in terms of characters, they go all out with it and put at least 20 unique characters, because as far as I can tell, part of the main appeal in a Mario game are the characters (the other parts are gameplay and music).

Thanks for reading.

winstein said:
Baby Luigi said:
winstein said:

What about Mario Tennis 64? I mean, besides Mario the umpire changing colours when Mario is on the court.

Thanks for reading.
Mario the umpire is sometimes red, he's mostly blue, even when Mario is not around.

I wish Mario the umpire returned.

Back