Koopa Troopa
Shy Guy

Rosalina
Nabbit

Metal Mario
Dry Bowser

No Baby Luigi

*dies*

Mario Tennis Open has 24 characters counting QR downloadable characters, so this game should have at least 24 characters.

I don't really count the QR since every single one of them are reskins (with slightly different stats)

I hope we can have online tournaments.

http://gonintendo.com/stories/236592-mario-tennis-ultra-smash-lets-you-play-via-the-wiimote-but-not

You can play only with Wiimote sideways. I'm only complaining because I prefer nunchuk control stick over gamepad and that I don't have a Pro Controller yet

That will make couch multiplayer easier to set up.

Also goomba 4 playable.

Baby Luigi said:
http://gonintendo.com/stories/236592-mario-tennis-ultra-smash-lets-you-play-via-the-wiimote-but-not

You can play only with Wiimote sideways. I'm only complaining because I prefer nunchuk control stick over gamepad and that I don't have a Pro Controller yet

argh I meant to say "d-pad" not gamepad godamm it

Mcmadness said:
That will make couch multiplayer easier to set up.

Also goomba 4 playable.

Goomba should be playable :>

I will definitely be pre-ordering this!! We haven't had a console Mario Tennis since GameCube (Play Control doesn't count) so I can't wait for this!!!! I "LOVE" Mario Tennis! ;D

The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
I will definitely be pre-ordering this!! We haven't had a console Mario Tennis since GameCube (Play Control doesn't count) so I can't wait for this!!!! I "LOVE" Mario Tennis! ;D

ikr right???????

this was the mario sports game the wii u needed.

Baby Luigi said:

Great. I gave up playing Mario Power Tennis Wii version because I was so terrible with these motion controls.

Baby Luigi said:

I still think they should have added nunchucks and motion controls as other options, but as long as I can use Pro Controllers I should be fine.

Baby Luigi said:

As long as there is Nunchuck support or classic controller support, I'm in.

And I'm not sure if Pro/Classic controller will have motion controls with a wii remote, like in Battle Dojo in Splatoon. We won't know.

Who needs motion controls since the New Play Control version of Power Tennis literally screwed it up after following success of Wii Sports's tennis. Nunchuck option would make it better. I mean we already have friggin Wii Sports and Wii Sports Club. We don't need Mario Tennis to take the Wii Sports approach.

Okay, so why not just include both motion controls and button controls and give us the option to use one or the other?

I hope power shots come back. Loved those.

I liked it too, although it's pretty unbalanced.

Why do Mario and Daisy's defensive Power Shots have a distance limit? If they use a Defensive Shot if they're too far away, they will actually miss the ball. I don't get that "trait".

I think their defensive shots have a bit better return to them.

I don't see the difference between that, and, say, Diddy Kong's Defensive Shot. Is it that it can catch everywhere while Diddy Kong has to have the ball at a certain elevation (Yoshi can't use his defensive shot when the ball is too high)?

In Mario Power Tennis there was a mode called "Artist on Court" basically it was paintball tennis and you painted an image by hitting the right area with the right color.

With Ultra Smash players should be able to create their own images to color by drawing a picture. Then you can choose what color goes where, submit. Then players can download them and paint them.

Sounds great right? Before people say "People would just draw D's" players can report and also filtered by Nintendo too. You can also use stamps.

Sounds fun but I can imagine it would be hassling to get colors and things correctly since, you know, you're hitting a paintball instead of actually drawing a picture.

DaKid said:
In Mario Power Tennis there was a mode called "Artist on Court" basically it was paintball tennis and you painted an image by hitting the right area with the right color.

With Ultra Smash players should be able to create their own images to color by drawing a picture. Then you can choose what color goes where, submit. Then players can download them and paint them.

Sounds great right? Before people say "People would just draw D's" players can report and also filtered by Nintendo too. You can also use stamps.
I guess Miiverse posts masquerading as pictures MIGHT work... huh..

Back