Your ideas of what should be implemented in a Mario game/Your Mario game ideas.

Magikrazy said:
Pwwnd, I don't understand what your point is.

Edit: Limit Peach's kidnappings to 2? In one game? Or do you mean only have her kidnapped 2 more times ever?

I mean limit it to only 1 or 2 kidnappings in each installment and make her a playable character in a title after the second or first installment.

Pwwnd123 said:
CosmicTanooki364 said:
In 2D Mario:
~Drop the live system and add Rayman Origins level of challenge and difficulty.
~Give Mario a basic melee attack that he can do as Small Mario/Super Mario.
~Allow Mario to progressively learn new abilities and moves as he progresses throughout his journey.
~Stop relying so heavily of the standard world motifs.
~When multiple characters are playable, Give Mario a ability that makes him stand out from the rest instead of making him the "Jack of all trades" character.

In 3D Mario:
~Drop the live system.
~Bring back the Super Mario 64/Super Mario Sunshine style health system, but compensate by making the enemies tougher.
~Allow Mario to progressively learn new abilities and moves as he progresses throughout his journey.
~Bring back large hubworlds with things to do and NPCs to interact with, maybe add some side quests?
~When multiple characters are playable, Give Mario a ability that makes him stand out from the rest instead of making him the "Jack of all trades" character.

Dropping the live system will make both 2D and 3D Marios to be just as tedious and atrocious when you get a game over. It'll be even worse if it involves going back to the title screen like in Castlevania Symphony of the Night and the other Metroidvanias in the Castlevania franchise (includes Lament of Innocence and Curse of Darkness). Seriously that was the AVGN's complaint towards games that take him back to the title screen. But if there is a health upgrade option like in the Metroidvanias then it's okay.

I got something to add on.

Limit Peach's kidnappings to only 2 and make her a playable character.

What I was suggesting by removing the live system is that whenever Mario dies, he respawns from the last checkpoint similar to how Rayman does in Rayman origins.

Yeah, that's what everyone wants in the plaformers. Also, when Mario dies, make the respawn nearly instant like in the Rayman games. It's less frustrating when instant respawn is there in the harder levels. Also, add more checkpoints in general, perhaps every time Mario enters a door or a Warp Pipe rather than predefined checkpoints. Those predefined checkpoints can still be there, to power up Mario, but there should be more small checkpoints.

lives became obsolete when the ability to save was introduced

im legitimately baffled that Nintendo still uses them for their platformers (e.g., Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby)

Magikrazy said:

im legitimately baffled that Nintendo still uses them for their platformers (e.g., Mario, Donkey Kong, Kirby)
And games like Rayman used to use lives, but it was quickly abandoned. Which leaves me even more puzzled.

Nintendo isn't the only one still stubbornly sticking to lives, though. Think Sonic.

Mario Party Σ said:
Magikrazy said:

And games like Rayman used to use lives, but it was quickly abandoned. Which leaves me even more puzzled.

Nintendo isn't the only one still stubbornly sticking to lives, though. Think Sonic.

Yeah, the Castlevania series moved on from lives, the Metroid series has no lives and so many other franchises moved on.

Pwwnd123 said:
Mario Party Σ said:
Magikrazy said:

Yeah, the Castlevania series moved on from lives, the Metroid series has no lives and so many other franchises moved on.
So they can't lose?

A pack of Mario Maker that includes super Mario Bros 2 elements if Mario Maker is made without it.

It's still possible to die and respawn from the last checkpoint. Lives are just useless and redundant. They don't determine what makes a game difficult: level design does.

Mario Party Σ said:
It's still possible to die and respawn from the last checkpoint. Lives are just useless and redundant. They don't determine what makes a game difficult: level design does.

I think Super Mario Galaxy 3 and Super Mario Sunshine 2 should get rid of lives and make you respawn from the last checkpoint.

Or how about no Galaxy 3 or Sunshine 2?

Why does everyone want those? Especially when people complain that Mario has gone stale?

Magikrazy said:

Why does everyone want those? Especially when people complain that Mario has gone stale?
I'd say yes for a Galaxy 3 and Sunshine 2. Nintendo needs to expand Sunshine.

Magikrazy said:

Well, the Mario platformers at least.

We haven't gotten a console Mario sports in what it feels like forever. Mario & Sonic doesn't count.

Magikrazy said:
Holy shit, the last one was Sports Mix 5 years back.

Hell yeah, we really need a new Mario Sports title.

or literally any other sport

the last baseball was super sluggers in 09

the last strikers was charged in 07

the last home console tennis was power in 04

the last home console golf was toadstool tour in 03

Eri Ayase said:
what happened to mario volleyball wrestling that sounded cool
It was cancelled.

But I hope the same team at least makes a sequel to Strikers Charged.

Personally, I think Nintendo should return to their Super Mario Land IP. It was an ingenious little series and there are so many ideas there that they haven't been using. Call me Herman Smirch, but I would love to fight characters like Tatanga, Dragon Zamasu, Nyololins, and Hyoihoi again.

The Ultimate Mario Fan said:
Personally, I think Nintendo should return to their Super Mario Land IP. It was an ingenious little series and there are so many ideas there that they haven't been using. Call me Herman Smirch, but I would love to fight characters like Tatanga, Dragon Zamasu, Nyololins, and Hyoihoi again.

So do I. Would be interesting if the series revitalized.

Here is another great idea. Why don't we have a Mario game that talks about the history of the Mushroom Kingdom and all about Peach's ancestors and sheds a bit more light on Peach's family. It should feature King Toadstool.

One idea: how about we rework the swimming controls and make the water levels actually fun?

Pwwnd123 said:
Here is another great idea. Why don't we have a Mario game that talks about the history of the Mushroom Kingdom and all about Peach's ancestors and sheds a bit more light on Peach's family. It should feature King Toadstool.
Peach's history: all of Peach's family are kidnapped. And Baby Luigi.

Maybe give Peach a sibling.

Mario Party Δ said:
One idea: how about we rework the swimming controls and make the water levels actually fun?
If we're talking 3D here, I always thought that Super Mario 64 did this perfectly. Instead of just having to mash the button, you need to press it rhythmically to optimise your speed. This made you actually notice what you were doing all times, and you had to constantly make sure your rhythm wasn't off so you could retain your high speed. But if we're talking 2D here, then I don't get why they need to be reworked. Before I start assuming things that may or may not be true, what exactly do you not like about them?

I got an idea of a title of a game that tells the entire story of the Mushroom Kingdom from it's creation. It can be called Super Mario Origins. Hey maybe I could suggest that to Miyamoto for an idea of a Mario game when I get older. It will have chapters based on history of the Mushroom Kingdom and it will be similar to Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time.

Back