post any random Mario thought on your mind

Is no one going to mention that Wario's butt physics predated this anyway in Super Mario Strikers?

So, I've been coming up with this idea that would've worked in past Mario RPGs. Since cooking already exists in Paper Mario, what if you can forge your own weapons using materials?

I know this sounds complicated, but imagine if you can use a variety of materials (Ex: wood, rocks, iron) to build all kinds of weapons like hammers, boots, or (if in Mario & Luigi) clothing to boost some of your stats?

I think the Ghost variety in LM3 would be better if they were introduced differently. Maybe have to where:

B1-5 Mini Goobs and Goobs
6-9 Oozers and Slinkers
B2-12 Hammers and Mini Hammers
13-15 Trappers

This way there's a growing sense of difficulty as well as each having its own area.

If there were another chapter boss in Nimbus Land guarding a macguffin that controls weather, that wasn't Valentina or/and Dodo, what would be a good boss?

The only thing I could think of is a giant Tweester heading straight for the kingdom with said macguffin unintentionally inside it, but I don't know how that'd be fought. And I don't want to resort to super speed, controlling weather, or dancing.

Chronologically Odyssey comes after Kingdom Battle.
Rabbids enter the Mushroom Kingdom, and then there's Broodals.

We should make a spectator sport out of BLOF and LGM roasting each other's favorite character.

Rabbids enter the Mushroom Kingdom, and then there's Broodals.

I don't think Rabbids are lagomorphs, but Broodals seem to be. You can't get Broodals from Rabbids alone.

So then, did… Rabbids go ham on the Mushroom Kingdom rabbits to create Broodals?

SMO_Artwork_Rabbit.png
Adventure_Rabbid.png

yeah a rabbid is a freak of nature with sauropod front limbs for legs
(yes i also thought that when i obsessed over rabbid peach for a solid half a year)

[tweet]

I thought I saw Toadsworth in this LEGO set at first and my heart skipped a beat

unrelated but i hope at least one cannonball of the ones i've stomped on airship levels plummeted at terminal velocity on a toad's noggin

Wow, Origami King does have a pretty sloppy battle system. The final boss in particular is far and away the worst instance of it.

I understand making an enemy tough to beat, but this battle is pretty much just you figuring out some new gimmicky variation of the game's boss puzzles, while hard-pressed by a timer as usual. I found the part where you need to reassemble a magic circle to be the most stressful; I was one (1) move away from finishing it, but I got engulfed by the poison cloud before managing it. You get an instant game over for that, frustratingly so, since you have to repeat the entire battle sequence, cutscenes and Olivia blathering and all. I don't think I'm having any fun with it, or feel like I'm improving or learning any new strategies as I battle the enemy.

Dropped the game there and haven't touched it since. With this and how disappointed I was in Colour Splash, even after liking Sticker Star, I'm not sure I'm going to buy any further Paper Marios.

I'm also willing to concede that perhaps it's not the games' fault, and I just outgrew them.

Last edited:
I just played Double Dash on my Wii using a memory card emulator for the first time.

Next steps: More durable computer and a capture card.

Speaking of Origami King, I just heard that that game has an achievement system where if you finish the game based on certain criteria, you get some special icons. One of them is the "no Game Over", which is pretty intense for some segments like the Snifit quiz and the boat ride.

I may think this game is pretty fine, but the achievements are not fine (they're at the same level as the Roshambo Temples, even though I was generally lucky with them).

Thank you for reading.

I just played Mario Party 10 recently on my Wii U after several years, and I'm literally asking myself, "Why the heck is a Spike a playable character?"

I am mortified by this, as I played the Bowser Party mode as Bowser and one of the CPUs was Spike. Right when I got to the end, it was just sad to see a Spike get pummeled by his own leader.

According to the Moon Kingdom brochure in Super Mario Odyssey, every living (or undead) thing you see here:

61RcnhSKlcL._AC_SL1024_.jpg
Koopa_Troop_artwork.png
Group_artwork_-_Yoshi%27s_New_Island.png
YS_Japanese_poster.jpg
MLSS%2BBM_Art_-_Popple.png
DreamTeamBeanish.png
BS_SMUSA_Wart%27s_return.png

every single one of them

DKC2_Kremlings.png
WarioLand_Art.jpg
MKT_Noshi_Model.png
SM3DW_Asset_Model_Tree_%28Deciduous%29.png
NSMBU_Mushroom_Artwork.png
Poink.png

goes back evolutionarily to this little spinny fella, the LUCA of Mario's world:

Moonsnake_Icon_SMO.png

let that slide sink in.

Last edited:
This is an accurate quote from my sister.

Holy shit I can't believe I said that. When has Mario games ever had character development aside from "hey I'm bad but you beat me now I'm good".

SMB/W & 3D L/W are about running through obstacle courses to reach a destination..
64 brought out a new genre, followed by Sunshine, and now Odyssey.
Of using his abilities from the platformers, now in more realistic open world settings. While there are still some obstacle courses, the majority of the games showcase how Mario could navigate our own world, defying our own limits, as a super human.
These two genres contrast each other in this way, much more apparent now that we have 3D land/world, where he must use his abilities to overcome seemingly endless obstacles thrusted at him. Funny thing is before 3D Land existed, many people argued it couldn't be done. That a 3D obstacle course game would be impossible to make.
Anyway, Galaxy tries to be an in-between of the two genres, and it's pretty decent at it.

Last edited:
I'm trying to come up with a name related to yo-yos, for a Yo Bro character I wanna make. But I'm coming up short. Anyone have any ideas?

The funniest thing about the old Super Mario Bros. movie is they knew damn well Mario & Luigi are supposed to be twins, but they still went with casting actors 20 years apart!
Also Luigi says "shit!"

Back