post any random Mario thought on your mind

That would be too obvious, but hot sauce does have a similar effect except for Bowser; Bowser exclusively uses hot sauce for his castle (notice his butt doesn't catch on fire when he falls into lava into his levels) imported from Rayman Origins and Legends.

Vodka in the Snow Kingdom, yes. It always tastes better chilled anyway.

Then what is the chilled water in places like Freezeflame Galaxy and the Snow Kingdom?

Mountain Dew? Vodka?
Chilled water would be super flat electric blue Mountain Dew, and characters keep absorbing the soda through their skin pores and that eventually overwhelms their system. This is why they can stand on the water, but not swim in it.

Aha, the lava in Mario games aren't lava, just strawberry smoothie that sets fire to characters' butts if they touch it. Their butts are allergic to strawberry, you see, and burst into flame even at the slightest touch.

As a young lad I thought the Lava in Mario games was some super tasty, spicy, bubbly spaghetti sauce and it made me hungry for pasta. Pretty sure Bowser did this on purpose to lure Mario into his death.

rayman 3 never did stack up well to rayman 2.

i enjoyed r3 way more honestly and not even just because im super biased towards globox with how he appears in r3 way more as well
the later parts just frustrated me a lot i dont get what people mean when they say r2 is piss easy.. i still have no idea if im just terrible at it in particular or its actually the game itself and no one ever talks about it

I'd definitely be for it, but some power-ups are designed with 3D in mind while others with 2D in mind. But yeah, I'd love me the return of the Propeller Suit.

Anyone else thinks it's insane there are 600 million copies of games with Mario's face in them? That's... a lot when you think about it.

Imagine each copy, one next to the other.

That's like, a dozen times more than my country's population at least.

Anyone else thinks it's insane there are 600 million copies of games with Mario's face in them? That's... a lot when you think about it.

Imagine each copy, one next to the other.
Wario did have a racetrack like this

Mk64wariostadium2.png

Reactions: zel
The article for Nintendo Sound Selection Vol. 2 on the wiki mentions that the music for Bowser's Castle is the original, uncompressed version. If this is true, then that means that there's a very high chance that somewhere in Nintendo, there's a copy of the Mario Kart: Super Circuit soundtrack before it was compressed to work on a GBA.

On a related note, Bowser Castle is the only song from Mario Kart: Super Circuit who's composer is confirmed, Minako Hamano. This is thanks to the previously mentioned album, as Hamano is the only person to have both worked on the soundtrack for Super Circuit and be credited on the album.

Reactions: zel
If this is true, then that means that there's a very high chance that somewhere in Nintendo, there's a copy of the Mario Kart: Super Circuit soundtrack before it was compressed to work on a GBA.
I think most sensible developers keep a copy of uncompressed work before they compile and compress. That is, it's not just z soundtrack but probably individual game files.

King K. Rool's next persona in the Donkey Kong Country games should be something spooky or undead related.

King K. Goul.

I bet anyone can name 5 weird things about a Mario character!
I'll do Mario
1. How does Mario Not suffer injurys?
2. Why doesn't Mario say anything.
3. How does he transform into his different forms?
4. How can swim for that long without air!?!?! (In 2D Games)
5. How Old is Mario?

I bet anyone can name 5 weird things about a Mario character!
I'll do Mario
1. How does Mario Not suffer injurys?
2. Why doesn't Mario say anything.
3. How does he transform into his different forms?
4. How can swim for that long without air!?!?! (In 2D Games)
5. How Old is Mario?
  1. Mario's a cartoon character with a nearly impenetrable hide and very resilient skeletons. Not even paper cuts phase him. Have you ever seen him with anything as much as a pimple scab on him? No. This also applies to his repugnant friends.
  2. As a trade-off for his starring role in the largest video game franchise in the world, Mario carries a life force that's located roughly inside his gallbladder. This life force grants him many amazing abilities and even spreads to his friends, but any time he talks, his life force is drained. Whenever he tells pathetically to "come back" or yells the title of the game, some of that life force is drained and is really, really hard to get back.
  3. It's not an ability exclusive to him, but a lot of items in the Mario series do have a tendency to bend and shift the molecular space around Mario and friends. Even edible things like candy do this. Candy is actually a great example because Mario and friends burst into a bunch of bubbles the moment they touch green candy, so try not participating in Mushroom Kingdom during Halloween, it's a doozy.
  4. Mario and friends have a special organ that grants him ability to filter oxygen from water but unlike other fish, he's cursed with a malfunctioning swim bladder that causes him to sink like a rock, even if he tries orienting on his belly or back. Also note in Super Mario 64, Mario and his friends can breathe through their feet. Yoshi also has a malfunctioning swim bladder in the Yoshi's Island games as well as Super Mario Galaxy 2, but the other way around: Yoshi cannot dive.
  5. Oh that's easy, mid-20s but Mario wears a mustache tricking people into believing he's older and helpfully disguising his pasty doughy face behind the mustache.

You know, if Pro Skater 1 and 2 come to Switch, I want Toadsworth to be a guest character, let the old man shred
If only he gets to beat the rest of cast on a jolly old game of Mahjong.

Had a dream last night that a new Donkey Kong Country platformer was announced but it starred some red walrus that, in this reality, was one of the bosses in Donkey Kong Country Returns. It also had Hammer Bros.

Back