post any random Mario thought on your mind

So been playing some Wario's Woods lately.

If ya like puzzle games of the tetris/DrMario/PuyoPop etc etc variety then I can definitely recommend this one.

It's unfortunate how poorly the BIS remake sold, but I personally was quite happy with it. Considering how BIS skipped VC and how it's kind of difficult to acquire the original, it was essentially everything I had been asking for for years.

I mean a PiT remake would have been great too, maybe better for some people since the original had more flaws to iron out, but unlike BIS, it was released on VC. The original could have benefit more from a remake than SS and BIS, yes, but I could also just flip on my Wii U and play it digitally. BIS didn't have that.

I mean, this is all just how it benefit me personally, and I know some people here are just going to quote this and say "vc doesnt matter b/c wii u was a flop" or even crack some "what is wii u" jokes (in which case I kindly go to your house and kill you in your sleep for having an objectively wrong opinion), but...it really did feel like a personal thing. In fact, it's the only game announcement I've ever experienced that actually felt personal. It was fanservice more than anything, yes, but it was unique in that it went the extra mile to please a small minority. And I just have to applaud it for that.

Nothing corporations do to you is personal or out of general kindness. They just want your money. They sometimes have respect for their customers and trot out a genuinely good product. Sometimes they are more blatant and disrespectful in wanting your money. Either way, they're not really pleasing a small minority, they're just making a budget game (especially given how AlphaDream's financial problems) to cash on nostalgia and positive reception and failed.

Waluigi was relegated to a first-world boss, though. Doesn't even appear in the rest of the game once you beat him, not even in credits (unlike Wario). I mean, he did kinda started the story, but that's the most credit I'll give to him.

ddr mario mix is very underrated. i loved the game's soundtrack and...well we won't get another ddr in a long long while

Such is the fate of a Waluigi

And yeah, I loved the heck out of that game when it came out. I was also a child that was unaware of how unpopular the GC was, as I kinda shoved it onto the whole neighborhood

bowser is more of a main villain in ddr than waluigi is, since he's the final boss and he has the keys because he's tone deaf

it sorta annoys me that people bring up ddr only to talk about that purple fucker rather than the fact it's a pretty fun rhythm game with good mario / classical music electronica cover versions

i like the fact that the rocket you use to beat bowser doesn't explode on him; it just takes out a hammer and smashes him with it

I'd argue the game is villainless since Waluigi starts it and Bowser ends it but by and large they only matter at the beginning and ending respectively.

Hey speaking of Mario DDR, and of random thoughts, and of somewhere in the forums someone talked about playing M&L: PiT multiplayer with the GC GBA Adapter,

I attempted to play various GBC & GBA Mario games with the dance pad. SMB was quite difficult to properly jump

Does anyone else still remember there's a BIS remake on the 3DS for no goddamn reason?
How could I forget?! It may not have been necessary but it sure warmed my heart to see the game remastered in 3DS style.

Shame it was released on a dead console to a cold uncaring audience because if it had fared better AlphaDream might still be around.

Yes it is.

Just let Death kill him again.

Mario is so much better than Sonic on so many levels I can't even believe Sonic managed to compete against him and laugh at him once upon a time.

And only to get his ass kicked by Mario's awesomeness afterwards. Crash tried the same too with his ps1 games but he eventually failed. Oh and Bubsy tried to dethrone him too, now look at him. Nobody messes with the Mario.

Because people enjoy games that you don't.

Sonic and Crash both fill niches that Mario doesn't. Around the time both series started, Mario was all about linear platforming in 2D, and open world collectathons in 3D. Sonic and Crash attempted to create a different experience in one of these two planes of existence. Sonic created momentum based platforming in levels with branching paths, while the levels were still from point A to point B, you switch between paths A, B and C on the way. Crash took the linear platforming levels of Mario and transformed it into 3D. Both of these styles of game are something that Mario didn't do at the time, and in the case of Sonic still doesn't.

Back