post any random Mario thought on your mind

I hope you enjoy the game

HEROWALUIGI said:
Why is :waluigi: still not in smash???
Because
Bandana_Waddle_Dee.png
deserves it more. Heck, I'd even say :toad: deserves it more.

Look, Waluigi's cool, but I'd definitely call him low priority when there are many other more deserving characters not in yet. Let's get him in more Mario games first. Then we can talk about Smash.

I'll reply in this thread when I feel like it. We are not obligated to post for your personal amusement.

On the meantime, enjoy this random sprite I made.

63kJzZv.gif

Bandana Waddle Dee said:
HEROWALUIGI said:
Because
Bandana_Waddle_Dee.png

Look, Waluigi's cool, but I'd definitely call him low priority when there are many other more deserving characters not in yet. Let's get him in more Mario games first. Then we can talk about Smash.
No-one “deserves a spot”, there’s only a character that you want.

Leo Luster said:
Bandana Waddle Dee said:
HEROWALUIGI said:
Because
Bandana_Waddle_Dee.png

No-one “deserves a spot”, there’s only a character that you want.
I simply meant that Waluigi just isn't noteworthy enough to be considered for Smash, especially because there are many more noteworthy characters still not in yet. It's not an impossibility, of course, but Waluigi still has to compete with Toad, a far more noteworthy character from the same series.

Then again, Sakurai did put the equally-unnoteworthy Daisy as well as a Piranha Plant over Toad, so anything's possible, I guess.

Charles Martinet once accounted his experience at the audition to pick someone who would be qualified to voice Mario. He once wanted to do a gruff and coarse voice. Here's the part in question:

"He told me I was an Italian plumber from Brooklyn," says Martinet, "so my instinct was to try a gruff and coarse voice - 'hey you, get outta my face!'"

But at the last minute, the actor decided to try a different tack. A Shakespearean tack.

"What popped into my brain was a character I'd played in Taming Of The Shrew," says Martinet. "I was Petruchio going back to get his wife in Italy, and I was a sort of 'Mamma mia, nice ol' Italian guy'. So I thought I'd do something like that.

"I went on and on about spaghetti and meatballs. After half an hour the producer said, 'cut, stop, we've run out of tape!'"

"And he called Nintendo and said 'I've found our Mario'. Mine was the only tape he sent back."
Source: https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-19664003

Thinking about it now, I picture his first instinct in reciting the line as how Wario would sound today (as opposed to how Wario initially sounded like in Mario Kart 64). I won't be surprised if he could do impromptu in Wario's voice very naturally, since I get the impression that Martinet also loves voicing Wario (although Mario is still king, of course).

Thank you for reading.

NYAH, NYAH NYAH NYAH, NYAH! I'M STILL IN HERE. BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME! WAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *RASPBERRIES*
799px-BlackHoleBoogie.png

i think all mushroom kingdomers are like "oh wario's getting killed again okay"

Back