post any random Mario thought on your mind

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Blasphemy
I mean, maybe if he returned a little while from now, it'd be grand. But being absent from the last two games and likely the next few, I'd argue is a good thing; you know what happened to Starlow.

It just occurred to me that Miyamoto might get a documentary on his life, I wonder what Mario games they would mention besides Donkey Kong and SMB1

It also came to me that all of Miyamoto's controversies revolve around his choices for games and not his ethics, I can safely say that Miyamoto is a good dude

YoshiFlutterJump said:
Fawfulthegreat64 said:
Blasphemy
I mean, maybe if he returned a little while from now, it'd be grand. But being absent from the last two games and likely the next few, I'd argue is a good thing; you know what happened to Starlow.
I get what you mean lol, but on the other hand I don't think Starlow was ever as popular as Fawful. Even when she was a one-off I don't think there was demand for her to come back :/

I'd be totally fine with him retired from the timeline that introduced him: he had a good run and a satisfying conclusion. But on the flipside, I wish he could live on as a selectable character in the noncanon party style games and i still don't see what's so compelling against that :P

But well, he is a good character and is iconic to the Mario & Luigi series. So he's pretty much the perfect way to represent this series of games.

Saltman said:
Ehh

I wouldn't say Fawful is as popular as you think.
He and Starlow are the only M&L characters (besides Mario and Luigi, of course) to have appeared in three different installments of the series. While Starlow is probably more iconic to the series as a whole, Fawful is definitely more popular among fans of the series. So at least among fans of the series, Fawful is definitely very popular.

Oh yeah, I should mention that Fawful also has his own Wikipedia article for some reason, and he's the only M&L OC to have one. Not even Starlow has one.

Fawful Wikipedia article said:
Editors for GamesRadar named Fawful the Runner Up for the "Most Quotable Character" award in 2009; he lost to Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2.
Blblblblblblbghgh

Blasphemy we all know Nick is the most quotable character in 2009

Hey Louis are you sure you don't want to come with us? We can leave Ellis behind!

YoshiFlutterJump said:
He and Starlow are the only M&L characters (besides Mario and Luigi, of course) to have appeared in three different installments of the series. While Starlow is probably more iconic to the series as a whole, Fawful is definitely more popular among fans of the series. So at least among fans of the series, Fawful is definitely very popular.

Oh yeah, I should mention that Fawful also has his own Wikipedia article for some reason, and he's the only M&L OC to have one. Not even Starlow has one.

Popular within that sub series sure but to the world at large? Not really. In fact he's pretty much only got a fanbase here in the west.

Also anybody could get a wikipedia article if they bothered to make one.

Mcmadness said:
YoshiFlutterJump said:

Popular within that sub series sure but to the world at large? Not really. In fact he's pretty much only got a fanbase here in the west.

Also anybody could get a wikipedia article if they bothered to make one.
Yeah, outside the M&L series, Starlow's the only one people might know. But the fact that someone bothered to give Fawful a Wikipedia article is a testament to his popularity.

Or a testament to how much that person likes that character. You don't have to be popular to get a wikipedia article.

Well, Dimentio can't have an article because he's only important to 1 game. I'm not sure what the standards are but I think Fawful is a combination of recurring status and that he's been noted as a fan-favorite by various news outlets back when SSS (and BIS) were new. Plus he's the only villain to have a clear arc across several games. Well other than Bowser of course.

I'm just saying I couldn't go make an article for any of the one-offs just because I like them a lot (if I could, all the RPG villains would have articles lol), they'd just redirect to the game of origin. And I'm not sure if Starlow would keep an article, I guess there's a chance but I don't think she has the same notability as Fawful, even with her number of appearances.

I think at one point more of the one-offs had articles on Spanish Wikipedia but I'm sure they're gone now. For example there was one for Mimi (that was riddled with false information like playability in Mario Kart 7)

he was dropped in mkds and never made it back...

he'd be a perfect racer. we need more old guys like him.

Do you think someone on Mario's staff favorite animal is penguins? Two species of friendly penguins, the Penguin suit, mission involving penguins, penguins are the only way to progress, random cameos of penguins, makes you think

There is no Bumpty playable in Mario Kart. Theory invalidated.

The closest thing a penguin got to being playable in a Mario game was as a competing CPU in Mario Party 8's Moped Mayhem.

Back