post any random Mario thought on your mind

He also lacks any kind of physical expression change. He has exactly one expression the whole game with the exception of his wounded face.

Compare that to Cackletta and the many expressions she can have it's just, underwhelming.

Well I like Antasma but I do agree with the expressiveness, I think Cackletta's expressions are pure art and should be the standard for all villains' expressiveness in the series tbh. Not even Fawful is that expressive.

I wish Cackletta and Fawful has more of a relationship between the two. After the first game, Fawful doesn't talk about her anymore and seems to have forgotten. Which sucks, I thought the two worked well together.

I think Fawful works better as a minion than his own boss, even if he was the one doing all the real work.

That being said considering how he realized this, it's no surprise he didn't really mention her beyond that, instead choosing to boost his own ego.

I find it interesting WarioWare Gold has a lot of Paper Mario Sticker Star and Color Splash staff (including the director of both games as the sub-director) as both games had a lot more over WarioWare-style wackyness than the previous PMs.

To wit

On that note, I wonder if its own developers consider warioware an alternate universe. I don't think Nintendo's notoriously strict IP supervisors would let the frequent references to it and Rhythm Heaven existing in the same universe slide, otherwise.

Interesting observation about Paper Mario's newer games getting developers from the WarioWare games, and that could explain why the series had a different direction (or the Paper Mario fans would say: they lost their way). I think the newer games have great qualities that should never be abandoned in favour of going back to the old, such as better overall level design and the concept of Things (far better than Crystal Stars in my opinion).

I wish someone could ask the WarioWare developers about Waluigi, since I thought that Waluigi could feasibly be included in the series, but they must have a reason to exclude him. Too bad the developers didn't seem to be interviewed that often, because I want to hear about this.

Thank you for reading.

Sudden Dungeons & Dragons on the brain has me considering that Bowser and most of the Koopa Troop are on the border of Evil and Neutral, or at least close to it. In a 5x5 matrix, with Good on the first row and Evil on the fifth row, they'd be in the fourth row.

winstein said:
I wish someone could ask the WarioWare developers about Waluigi, since I thought that Waluigi could feasibly be included in the series, but they must have a reason to exclude him. Too bad the developers didn't seem to be interviewed that often, because I want to hear about this.
ive been wondering where he is too. he could have his own microgame set.

i sorta think wario takes these vacations where he hecks off to diamond city and sees it as a time to be without waluigi for a while. hes not a very good friend

J & Siph said:
Sudden Dungeons & Dragons on the brain has me considering that Bowser and most of the Koopa Troop are on the border of Evil and Neutral, or at least close to it. In a 5x5 matrix, with Good on the first row and Evil on the fifth row, they'd be in the fourth row.
I see Bowser (and maybe some of the Koopalings) on tier four, the rest of the troop (and maybe Bowser Jr./the other Koopalings) on tier three.
The Koopa Troop seem pretty easy-going for mooks and most of Junior's villainy stems from him wanting to make Bowser proud.

Never knew they showed this in korea.

Boy this gives the show a very anime ish feel.

Mcmadness said:

Never knew they showed this in korea.

Boy this gives the show a very anime ish feel.
I've known about this intro for a very long time, and I would really like English lyrics. Any active members here who have a good understanding of Korean?

Also, it had it's own Live Action segments:

I bought Super Mario Bros. on 3DS and decided to try and get to the minus world before starting a normal playthrough. Not that the level itself is very exciting, but still fun to have done like a bucketlist thing.

And my dislike for Ashley's spotlight stealing has grown ever so slightly.

Mcmadness said:
And my dislike for Ashley's spotlight stealing has grown ever so slightly.

This is actually the third in a series. They posted "character trailers" for Mona and Jimmy in the past weeks

Ugh...
Today while watching Nathaniel Bandy stream Mario rom hacks on Twitch, one of the levels had Super Mario Land music. So I said
Hey, Super Mario Land music! (is a Daisy fan)

A few seconds later, someone (who I'd previously complimented) says "DAISY IS GARBAGE"

There's no way that was anything but a response to me. No one else had mentioned Daisy, and I doubt anyone would just shout that randomly.

So I @'ed them and asked "What exactly are you trying to accomplish by posting that?"

Their response in an @ back at me? "But she is." As if that answered my question.

Ugh. There's a reason I left his Discord server.

"Stop liking things I don't like" is pretty much how I would translate. Dude must be fun at parties.

It's really sad that anybody who likes Daisy are mocked. Even on this boards, the idea is supported. I am cautiously optimistic that the idea has died down, but I am afraid the same thing will happen again. I remembered asking about something related to Daisy in a different thread on the boards here, but I felt burned by the responses that ensued.

Thank you for reading.

The fact that I couldn't even mention being a Daisy fan without getting that kind of response right away, and that no one called them out on it, tells me enough. I never called their beloved characters trash. Double standards abound.

yeah thats jusr rude :/ daisy is alright imo. i dont think she deserves a whole hatedom really.

anyways i love how the characters in smk have little animations as they spin, it looks dumb in-game but its a neat thing regardless
KoopaTroopaRotating.gif
YoshiRotating.gif

J & Siph said:
The fact that I couldn't even mention being a Daisy fan without getting that kind of response right away, and that no one called them out on it, tells me enough. I never called their beloved characters trash. Double standards abound.

I know how you feel, man. Even though I'd be lying if I said I experienced that myself.

But I've seen many people commenting positive things on Lucario to see someone immediately calling them furry afterwards. I know I would've felt what you felt if someone described me as that on the spot.

I feel like after memoryman has turned down a notch posting stuff in general, the whole "it's cool to hate Daisy" bandwagon kinda died out.

The response is rude and undeserved though, and I know how it feels like to be on the receiving end of it.

"He likes Baby Luigi. So who cares what he thinks?" *derp hyucking*

I know I'm turning down a notch on hating Daisy so that's nice for all the Daisy fans.

I still like having her as an opponent in Mario Party though. She's like a family member at that point and I'd love to see her, Waluigi, Donkey Kong, and Wario get involved in their own crazy shenanigans in later games.

Back