post any random Mario thought on your mind

Magikrazy said:
Anyone else make up voices for any of the NPCs from Mario RPGs?

I did that for TTYD while I was playing through the Glitz Pit chapter. Of course, Rawk Hawk got a Hulk Hogan voice. Besides him, I distinctly remember giving Grubba a Bernie Sanders voice and Jolene a Fran Drescher voice.

So yeah, anyone else have any headcanon voices for any of the NPCs?

Oh, absolutely! I have Cortez voiced by James Earl Jones, for the only example off the top of my head.

Baby Luigi said:
Man this gives me some inspiration to make Baby Luigi for Mario Kart DS.

Gives me inspiration to try modding again because for some reason the modder I downloaded a while back won't load my ROM right.

All this talk of modding. I want to try it out, but
  • I'm not sure my computer can handle it as well as all the other crap I use
  • I don't know what software or/and equipment I'll need for it, if any.
  • I don't take my games to college, anyway, so I wouldn't be able to put my mods into play. They're too much of a distraction, so I need to keep them away.
If I could just get past those three obstacles, I'd finally be able to make the track in my signature.

You probably need modeling software, which does include Google Sketchup (I see that one being used a lot for track creation). Other than that, you don't need a lot of other equipment aside from an SD card and a reader for that. Oh, and the game itself.

1. This depends on what you're planning to mod. If you want to make 3D models, you need a fairly powerful computer since 3D modeling software is a large strain on your graphics card. You also need to take in account what game you want to mod: emulating Wii games requires more processing power than DS games.

2. That depends on the game.

3. That also depends on the game.

Magikrazy said:

I did that for TTYD while I was playing through the Glitz Pit chapter. Of course, Rawk Hawk got a Hulk Hogan voice. Besides him, I distinctly remember giving Grubba a Bernie Sanders voice and Jolene a Fran Drescher voice.

So yeah, anyone else have any headcanon voices for any of the NPCs?

Magikrazy said:

Magikrazy said:
Anyone else make up voices for all of the characters from all video games?

FTFY.

also many of the inanimate objects

i dont know if it counts , but i used to do impressions of Mario characters voices.

I like to do Mario , Waluigi , Peach , Toad and Rosalina.

Deinosuchus said:
Prior to this video, I've never in my life noticed that Poochy can be seen in Baby Park in Double Dash!
"Mario Kart is a series where a lot of what you see is what you get"

While this might be actually correct in general, aside from MKDD, which has a lot of details and connections between courses, there's also this game...

and there are more interesting tracks full of easily missed details (GBA Ribbon Road, Mute City, Sunshine Airport, ...), suffice to say that I discovered that a train in the city in N64 Rainbow Road stops near a building that is supposed to be the Golden Bell according to Super Bell Subway's map...

Going with the Mario Kart topic again , these are some of the Karts i have modeled for MKDS (For Rosalina to use)
0NUHGxd.png

Circuit Special BB, i did this 3 times , its my first Kart and i love it now because it really looks as good as i wanted since MKDS is so limited.
Ib2GIfk.png

This is the Beat Plane , is an original Kart based on something very silly. In Marvel Vs Capcom games , Mega Man has a Hyper Combo called ''Beat Plane'' in which he uses this quack plane. Again i like it considering its so detailed for MKDS standards
latest

nhe6klE.png

And another i did more than 1 time was the Arcade GPDX Standard Kart. I like that standard kart so its fair Rosalina would have it.

As For Rosalina
I edited my avatar to make it resemble an actual mod for Rosalina in MKwii
zn6pC03m.png

k8cFmmK.png

I like these sort of costumes, i think they look very elegant , dark colors and etc. I also like chokers so there it is.

And some of the Biker mods
g7vEHoM.png

Morrigan from Darkstalkers , one of my favorite characters of all time.

HNUlX6K.png

Claire Redfield biker costume from Resident Evil 2 , another favorite game and character.

Lastly , i love how you can edit about everything in MKDS, even something tiny as the credits
I have arranged them differently , crediting voice actors and match them with characters
5zEdD5Gm.png

2JJRSQUm.jpg

And i fixed the ''Delores'' typo , its ''Dolores''.

I mean, if Mario Kart DS models were more complex, I could give some help on how to model karts from scratch in Maya buuuuuut....you know Mario Kart DS being Mario Kart DS in terms of model quality.

Because he used to be called Baby Bowser which is the same name as his Baby form which isn't very different from Bowser jr and it doesn't help that Bowser jr looks a lot like Baby Bowser.

I find it irritating how some people treat Game Theory's videos as proof that Mario is a psycho, or that Sonic is slower than Mario, and especially the 'Sans is Ness' one.

Swiftie_Luma said:
Going with the Mario Kart topic again , these are some of the Karts i have modeled for MKDS (For Rosalina to use)
Better-looking than the Shooting Star, that's for sure.

The Pyro Guy said:
I find it irritating how some people treat Game Theory's videos as proof that Mario is a psycho, or that Sonic is slower than Mario, and especially the 'Sans is Ness' one.
Probably the same people who believe in chemtrails, moon landing hoaxes, lizard people, UFOs, aliens communicating with them from Alpha Centauri as the Xephr universe, crop circles, and other batshit crazy conspiracy theories that Game Theory is roughly on the same level on. "Theory", what a misnomer.

Miyamoto actually makes a cameo in Perfect Dark as an armed guard patrolling the U.S president's research submarine, and his head can be used in multiplayer. Also, does the clothing of the guard remind you of anything?

Rc2dUh1.jpg
hqdefault.jpg

Mcmadness said:
Because he used to be called Baby Bowser which is the same name as his Baby form which isn't very different from Bowser jr and it doesn't help that Bowser jr looks a lot like Baby Bowser.
The funniest thing is that this resemblance between Baby Bowser and Bowser Jr. was made even more blatant through a redesign of the former; I mean before Bowser Jr., Baby Bowser was going from
Baby_Bowser_YI.png

to

BabyNinjaBowser.PNG

Then Bowser Jr. came and he became like this:

BabyBowserEggIsland.png

(I'm still wondering if they recycled some Bowser Jr.'s model to make the model of Baby Bowser in Yoshi's New Island...)

Of course they did.

You also forgot about Partners in Time, where I always say he's Bowser Jr., but I don't think it would change the plot all that much if he were really Bowser Jr..

Oh, and you know this whole "actor" thing? Maybe this IS Bowser Jr. just standing in as Baby Bowser.

Yeah I was never a fan of that.

I prefer his elongated snout and no bib.

LeftyGreenMario said:
You also forgot about Partners in Time, where I always say he's Bowser Jr., but I don't think it would change the plot all that much if he were really Bowser Jr..
Actually, I wanted to include Baby Bowser from Partners in Time as the first example of this blatant Bowser Juniorish redesign as soon as his new son was introduced:
511px-Babybowser.png

Prince_Bowser_Idle.gif

but unfortunately this featuring-Baby-Bowser game came earlier yet after Super Mario Sunshine:
YTGart.png

LeftyGreenMario said:
Oh, and you know this whole "actor" thing? Maybe this IS Bowser Jr. just standing in as Baby Bowser.
Makes sense; at this point I expect in the new Mario Parties the return of the Koopa Kids who will actually just be Bowser Jr. with some Double Cherries plus recoloring...

I actually think Bowser Jr. is based on Baby Bowser, not the other way around. You know how you keep saying it's a "modern design"? I think that's what Bowser Jr. is, a modern redesign of Baby Bowser.

Still, I do prefer some time spent on differentiating the two. It's hard to try to think that's Baby Bowser.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I actually think Bowser Jr. is based on Baby Bowser, not the other way around. You know how you keep saying it's a "modern design"? I think that's what Bowser Jr. is, a modern redesign of Baby Bowser.

Still, I do prefer some time spent on differentiating the two. It's hard to try to think that's Baby Bowser.
It too think that Bowser Jr. was based on Baby Bowser, after all it made sense to base him on the finally available young version of Bowser; which is why I find the redesign of Baby Bowser amusing: Bowser Jr. was based on Baby Bowser that was rebased on Bowser Jr. ...

Back