post any random Mario thought on your mind

I did no such thing!

Baby Luigi said:
I personally think Rosalina looks dumb in the Biddybuggy.

On my end, I find it rather weird to see Rosalina using the Badwagon, since that kind of vehicle looks better suited for someone like Wario or Roy Koopa. I tend to think that "Rosalina" and "bad" don't mix, though some people may say otherwise.

MnSG said:
Baby Luigi said:
I personally think Rosalina looks dumb in the Biddybuggy.

On my end, I find it rather weird to see Rosalina using the Badwagon, since that kind of vehicle looks better suited for someone like Wario or Roy Koopa. I tend to think that "Rosalina" and "bad" don't mix, though some people may say otherwise.

What? You rang? No? Well, I'll put my two cents in anyway. I think the Biddybuggy was made for smaller characters like Toad or the babies and the larger characters just look strange in it.

MnSG said:

Personally, I think the Badwagon also suits Peach and Pink Gold Peach (Cat Peach is more suited to the Cat Cruiser).

Deinosuchus said:
MnSG said:

Personally, I think the Badwagon also suits Peach and Pink Gold Peach (Cat Peach is more suited to the Cat Cruiser).
It's more than a personal opinion, since the AI-controlled Peach often drives the Badwagon and sicne this official artwork is definitely a thing:
Pink_Gold_Peach.png

I really wonder why the developers associated this car to Peach. It is without any doubt Roy's car as you can see the logo of his company, a lot of magenta (that dashboard...) and those neon lights and all kinds of speakers, but in what way is it associated to Peach beside the magenta coloring?

The best guess is that since its Pink , it automatically matches Peach (and PGP) Colors , just like it matches Roy by colors side from having his logo on it.

It should also be noted that in the Box art , Rosalina is driving this kart too.

The funny thing is, Peach's Biddybuggy is colored pink as well. Too bad that her Circuit Special and Sport Bike are colored yellow though (colors that fit Daisy more).

Really the only reason Peach is associated with it is because of the color.

I use Baby Luigi a lot in it, so therefore it should be his car

All the dudes look beast on the Prancer and Cat Cruiser.

I want more Mario Dragon Quest crossovers.

Swiftie_Luma said:
The Cat cruiser would be mu favorite if it was black rather than pink.

then texture hack it

i have a black badwagon with flame motifs and it's amazing

Mcmadness said:
I want more Mario Dragon Quest crossovers.
I want more Mario crossovers, period.

And I mean Mario characters getting involved, not some abominations dressed as Mario characters. ;)

Baby Luigi said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
The Cat cruiser would be mu favorite if it was black rather than pink.

then texture hack it

i have a black badwagon with flame motifs and it's amazing

Yeah , but im not into MK8 modding. Not until you can edit SFX , texture hacks are not enough for me.

I want to at least be able to give Rosalina a new horn , i already have the right SFX for it.

But btw , i want to know , how are karts arranged?

Is it like MKWii ? With each character having their own Kart slots?

Or are they the same as in for example , if you edit the Cat Cruiser then all the Cat Cruisers are edited? if that's the case that would suck.

Nope, all Cat Cruisers share the same body. I've used only one Badwagon texture, everyone's Badwagons got changed.

I do wonder why Lemmy has the blue Biddybuggy and green Circuit Special instead of the yellow ones. And why does Larry have the yellow ones of those karts?

I also wonder why Link has the blue Circuit Special and City Tripper instead of the green ones.

Baby Luigi said:
Nope, all Cat Cruisers share the same body. I've used only one Badwagon texture, everyone's Badwagons got changed.
With the Pipe Frame and with the Landship there are however custom textures used only for the Koopalings. Could something similar be done for other vehicles?

Mister Wu said:
Baby Luigi said:
With the Pipe Frame and with the Landship there are however custom textures used only for the Koopalings. Could something similar be done for other vehicles?

Yes, but I'm guessing that you can change only one specific color ie if you change Luigi's Pipe Frame you change Baby Luigi's as well or if you change a nonKoopaling Airship, you change all of them. I could be wrong, and they could use two different textures, similar to how Mario Kart Wii handled identical files.

J-Yoshi64 said:
I do wonder why Lemmy has the blue Biddybuggy and green Circuit Special instead of the yellow ones. And why does Larry have the yellow ones of those karts?

I also wonder why Link has the blue Circuit Special and City Tripper instead of the green ones.

I think they got those two characters reverse to be honest with you.

For Link, his color is blue in Pipe Frames so I guess they wanted to keep consistency.

Some of my Rosalina MKDS stuff:

My first custom Kart that now looks wonky compared to what i did after it , using MK7 static RS model

QBJvP0v.png

Rosalina Startrip , texture hack of Sky Garden

HeYFV6l.png

Custom Fire Rosalina banner

jw2FHUL.png

After many changes using different photos , my ultimate CSS picture

cfttoCl.png

My custom ending Screen (Notice the comet observatory in the back)

MKHZS2L.png

And last but not least , this gif proving that Karma is real (ROB and DK were rivals and they were terrible to me this whole race)

FCfQ7xM.gif

Beautiful

But I'd do anything to replace that god awful Mario model, even use Mario Tennis 64 or Mario Party 1 / 2 models.

Thank you.

All the models in MKDS are pretty low poly , even the player ones so yeah they look rather bad , with Toad being the best looking as he is the simplest character.

Being able to edit MKDS as it is , a 2005 ds game , however is so much fun!

I have a painful but ultimately fun time working with sprites , making Rosalina's icons and her own mini map sprites.

I also found a lot of fun in editing voices in MKDS , i had released 2 packs for Rosalina's voice already. But i have 4 , with Mercedes , Kerri , Laura and one with Laura's edited clips with echo.

But the most fun i had was modeling custom karts for Rosalina. I did many , such as the Circuit Special , Original karts , the Jetsetter from MKWii and many others.

All in all , being able to play as Rosalina is a blessing and is so much fun because i did my best to make it look official , without ignoring the help of my beloved friends that always assisted me to do what i wanted to do.

I also went so far to do stuff like these , i think its clear i like the character very much :rosalina:

qT5HyoPm.jpg

Man this gives me some inspiration to make Baby Luigi for Mario Kart DS.

Anyone else make up voices for any of the NPCs from Mario RPGs?

I did that for TTYD while I was playing through the Glitz Pit chapter. Of course, Rawk Hawk got a Hulk Hogan voice. Besides him, I distinctly remember giving Grubba a Bernie Sanders voice and Jolene a Fran Drescher voice.

So yeah, anyone else have any headcanon voices for any of the NPCs?

Back