post any random Mario thought on your mind

Striker Mario said:
Petey Piranha just isn't good at the net because his volley power is abysmal compared to his stroke power. Petey IMO is just a pretty bad character.

It also doesn't help that whenever Petey Piranha hits the ball, he's left vulnerable for a while, and that can give opponents a chance to smack the tennis ball at Petey Piranha's face. Because of this weakness, Petey has to stay far from the net to avoid that scenario. Unfortunately, playing away from the net is also a disadvantage for Petey in that opponents can take advantage of his slow mobility by performing drop shots while near the net.

I find it amusing that Petey Piranha doesn't have a hitbox for his head, otherwise, serves in doubles will pelt him on the back of his head every time.

mIxV5wk.png

This is an image from a movie set in 1986. To show that it's from 1986, the main characters are playing Super Mario Bros on an arcade cabinet.

There are six anachronistic issues with this image. Five of them have to do with the artwork. Can you count them all?

I'm playing Super Mario Galaxy (for the first time) and I am thrilled because today I finally passed my first Trial Galaxy mission (as Mario): The Galaxy's Greatest Wave on Loopdeeswoop Galaxy.

Lima November One said:
I know that the 5 characters have artwork clearly not from SMB1(Peach from Super Princess Peach, Bowser from some Paper Mario, idk Mario and Luigi, Yoshi doesn't exist yet). Not sure what the non-image issue is.
What game are they playing on an arcade cabinet, according to the artwork on the side?

As incredible as it may sound, I remember at our seaside resort there was an arcade cabinet of Super Mario Bros.. I guess it was an Europe-only thing.

Topmaniac said:
I'm playing Super Mario Galaxy (for the first time) and I am thrilled because today I finally passed my first Trial Galaxy mission (as Mario): The Galaxy's Greatest Wave on Loopdeeswoop Galaxy.

What has been the hardest mission for you so far?

I don't think anyone hereb eside maybe Cidrec and Xandalf will get the reference, but I was very amused to find this in the French translation of WW DIY

800px-WWDIY_french_meme.jpg

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/mer-il-et-fou

What made that one stand out? It seems generic to me.

I love pegging Waluigi, Yoshi, and Donkey Kong in Mario Tennis Open. In multiplayer mode, it's often how we win.

Anyone else like to pretend there's a partner system in games that don't have them? Like in MKWii, I would beat a character's time trail with their "partner". Ex: Beat Dry Bowsers TT with King Boo.

GmanSir said:
Anyone else like to pretend there's a partner system in games that don't have them? Like in MKWii, I would beat a character's time trail with their "partner". Ex: Beat Dry Bowsers TT with King Boo.

No, I would do the opposite instead. Like knocking Bowser off of the track with either Dry Bowser, King Boo or DK.

GmanSir said:

i always do that, or i choose the same character because i feel the track "belongs to them".

In the TAS (Tool-Assisted Speedrun) of Mario Story (Paper Mario (N64)), only 4 out of the 8 partners were recruited (Goombario, Bombette, Parakarry, Lakilester), who are important in speeding up the game. This makes the other four unnecessary. This is amusing because to see the game being played without the involvement brings a new perspective, like "what are these characters who were never involved in this adventure doing in Peach's Castle?". You might be wondering: what's Goombario good for in the speed run? It's a minor one, but he's used to advance text in Bowser's final confrontation faster, which is something.

The reason I brought this up is, there is a new discovery in the Paper Mario RPG (Thousand Year Door) TAS, it turns out that Koops is not a necessary recruitment. It's not known how this is done yet since the whole run isn't done yet, but basically Koops will still show up in the party, except he's only for show and cannot be switched into (as shown, when Flurrie was recruited, Koops is gone from the party).

Thanks for reading.

Well if you do use tool assists for anything, I don't think any partner would be needed.

Back