post any random Mario thought on your mind

Should have never mentioned tumble then.

Yeah, i wonder how a character with no personality that appeared only in 2 MP games (one being highly unpopular) is ''underrated''...

Most of the characters created in Mario Party weren't very good if you ask me.

MnSG said:
Mister Wu said:
I was wondering: did any of the original characters present in the Hudson Soft Mario Party games return in the Nd Cube ones?

If you mean Mario Party exclusive characters like the Koopa Kid, not that I know of.

I do miss Koopa Kid. He and the RGB Koopa Kids were hilarious.

Mister Wu said:
I was wondering: did any of the original characters present in the Hudson Soft Mario Party games return in the Nd Cube ones?

Nope, not at all.

Thanks, I am suspecting this now: has Hudson Soft the rights over these characters, in the same way as Square holds the rights of Geno?

Because that would simply explain why Hudson Soft's Mario Party exclusive characters like the Koopa Kids are missing: no retcon or misuse of BJ, simply Nintendo has no longer the rights of making them appear in Mario Party games.

It could also be that ndCube decided not to use original characters any more. NdCube is made up of Mario Party members and they can create new characters any time they like.

It's very similar to Paper Mario's situation if you think about that aspect.

Deinosuchus said:
I thought it was nice to see the Star Spirits again as the hosts of Mario Party 5.

It makes you wonder how Nintendo received the rights to even use the Star Spirits in a game that Intelligent Systems was not affiliated with.

I mean it's not like there's bad blood between the companies. If there was, I doubt they would be making their games for Nintendo.

It's Hudson Soft who used the Star Spirits, not Nintendo. We don't know how much control Nintendo / Intelligent Systems have over their characters, unlike Square who does exert a controlling influence over their characters.

Deinosuchus said:
Goomboss did appear in Super Mario 64 DS and in Mario Kart DS, so there's that.

The funny thing is, he was called the "Goomba King" in Paper Mario. It wasn't until Super Mario 64 DS that he got the name "Goomboss".

Intelligent Systems isn't even third party, if I recall correctly. I'm pretty sure if Hudson Soft (a third party) can use Mario characters, they can use... Mario characters.

Well i dont think the Toads featured in Mario Party 1 have other appearences besides that game.

The Millenium Star has not reappeared either IIRC.

So many forgotten characters.

Deinosuchus said:
Swiftie_Luma said:
The Millenium Star has not reappeared either IIRC.

The Millenium Star did make a cameo as a sticker in SSBB, as did Eldstar, Misstar, Muskular, Brighton, Twila and Ballyhoo & Big Top.

None of them have returned in any Mario Party game from ND cube.

They didn't even return in their own series.

But even characters like Tumble and the Genie just vanished, and just like how MaRPGs love bringing up their beloved original characters, these guys should be brought up as well.

Gimmick that they borrowed from MP2.

Seriously , if MP2 was mixed with 3 , it would be the best game ever in the entire series.

Nah, Mario Party 2 and 3 still lacks Orbs, Toadette, Team Battles, a variety of Star rules, and many of the fun minigames that later Mario Parties did better at than 2 and 3.

Yeah, I like the minigames from 6 and 7 probably the most. One thing I did with "Seer Terror" a long time ago was to play it and have Bowser predict the future of the current day.

Back