post any random Mario thought on your mind

For anyone who has played Mario Tennis 64, Mario Tennis Open, or Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, I can't be the only one who loves walking around the court after scoring a point?

Princess Mario said:
For anyone who has played Mario Tennis 64, Mario Tennis Open, or Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash, I can't be the only one who loves walking around the court after scoring a point?

Mario Power Tennis makes me run around the court while the opponent is serving.

Princess Mario said:
I love doing that! It’s almost as if your character has several scoring animations.

Iron Man said:
Mario Power Tennis makes me run around the court while the opponent is serving.
Generally, the opponent doesn't give you much time to run around. And you can't run after a point is scored.

Easter Yoshi said:
I love doing that! It’s almost as if your character has several scoring animations.
I like varying how the character runs. I think I often just run far so the camera zooms out, but I do sometimes like running in a circle.

if you played 2 player doubles with one human on each side and when both CPUs are in their respective far sides of the court in 64, you can just move the 2 human players away and the CPUs will just bat the ball back and forth forever.

I just realized that Prince Peasly is an unintentional redemption of Prince Haru, a heroic prince that rules a Kingdom next to the Mushroom Kingdom that acts as a guide to the Mario Bros and is transformed into another creature, but he doesn't have the whole "steal your girl" thing and he has more screentime as himself to developed his character, plus, he's got the whole Luigi shipping thing and is generally awesome.

Easter Yoshi said:
I hated Prince Haru. As far as I can remember, his only purpose was to make Peach say, “Oh, I’m sorry, Mario, but I’m betrothed to Prince Haru.”
togemet2 has some storyboards of that film

he told me that it was originally going to end with peach staying with bowser

it kinda makes sense for haru to be there though

they assumed that peach would've been a one-off character

but they could've ended it without him

and it'll still end like she's a one-off character

Do you ever wonder about how the Pipe Yard in Bowser's Inside Story is supposed to work? I mean how do these pipes connect to the outside, do they have some kind of portal in them that resizes Mario and Luigi back to their proper portions and warps them to their intended destination? (possibly secretly aided by Chakron's powers??)

And how did these pipes end up inside Bowser anyways? We know that at the beginning of the game when Fawful tricks him into eating the "Lucky(?) Mushroom", we see him inhale some pipes within the whirlwind of chaotic debris but does he somehow inhale the pipes leading to every major location in the game off-screen before making his way to the board meeting in Peach's castle as well?

And what would happen if Bowser somehow managed to climb onto a pipe in the overworld that lead to inside himself? Would the pipe reject him similarly to how the pipe to Twilight Town in TTYD rejects Mario if he doesn't have his name signed onto him? ...Or would Bowser basically just implode in on himself like a micro black hole? ...I'm probably overthinking this.

I dunno, just a random dumb thought.

--

Mcmadness said:
You know what Mario needs? He needs a giant robot that he can call whenever his enemies throw giant monsters at him.

Some real Super Sentai *bleep*, give it a theme song and everything.

What if Mario Zone was re-purposed into a mech?

MarioZone.png

So, I was listening to Bouy Base Galaxy's theme which some of you may know is my favorite song from SMG and one of my favorite Mario songs period. I usually just listen to the above water version because I didn't remember liking the underwater version as much. However, I decided to listen to the underwater version and I was NOT PREPARED for what was coming. Like, hoo boy, I don't know what I was thinking before, but that was amazing. :D Here's the link if you wanna hear: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qLbwkkCMzE.

Ash Ketchum said:
And what would happen if Bowser somehow managed to climb onto a pipe in the overworld that lead to inside himself? Would the pipe reject him similarly to how the pipe to Twilight Town in TTYD rejects Mario if he doesn't have his name signed onto him? ...Or would Bowser basically just implode in on himself like a micro black hole? ...I'm probably overthinking this.
I like to imagine something like this would happen (warning for language near the end):

Donkey Kong '94 was the first game to give a tie to Donkey Kong. I wonder if that was originally meant to illustrate he is a father (to Donkey Kong Jr.). Ties are often associated with fathers. If that's the case, DK Jr.'s absence in many later games becomes more jarring considering DK still wears a tie.

I'm willing to bet Miyamoto added a tie because it made DK look more like a Hanna-Barbera character, e.g. Yogi Bear, etc.

Ash Ketchum said:
What if Mario Zone was re-purposed into a mech?

MarioZone.png

what, will it also have a level in his crotch with a bunch of pairs and balls?

Something about the Mario mech seems always off to me. At least if they're going to remake the game, it's not going to look like a sad little bootleg.

Looks fine to me.

And this is why Huey is better than Kersti.

Mcmadness said:

And this is why Huey is better than Kersti.
In fairness, Kersti was dead by that point.
Actually, does Huey give you cards if you don't have enough during the first part of the fight?

At least that time they didn't leave you helpless.

Unlike with certain Kamek encounter possibilities. You can't defend game design that can say "OK, for this battle you're actually not allowed to win, hope you can survive until all your cards are gone" and not having an update that fixes it at least.

Borp said:
This kind of thing is a testament to how poorly-thought out both SS and CS's battle systems were.

Not really. You'd have to be really bad with your cards if this ever happened.

And the Kamek thing while irritating isn't actually all that likely to happen.

Well yes it should be patched, but it's issue is greatly over exaggerated.

Back