post any random Mario thought on your mind

the bumping horn sfx felt more fitting to me.

it adds little more preassure if you ask me, like ''get out of the way'' or ''im biting your toes''.

Regardless of what horns they use, I want them to keep the "nearby drivers jump when you honk near them" thing.

ThatGuy62 said:
In fairness, the only villains we've gotten since then were Antasma and Paper Bowser.

Point still stands that they don't hit you over the head on how Bowser is totally weaker and less hardcore than the new villain. Which happens in Super Mario RPG, Thousand Year Door, Super Paper Mario, Superstar Saga, and Partners in Time.

ThatGuy62 said:
Dream Team was the first time Bowser got to work mano-a-mano with another villain. Add in the fact that, unlike say Fawful or the Shroobs, Antasma didn't really have any forces (or ways to get them) or anything outside of his powers and it becomes clear how Bowser was able to one-up him.

Antasma's lack of forces is really just an extension of how Dream Team struggled to make him and Bowser have an impact on Pi'illo Island.

I was thinking about how Mario, Luigi, and Peach all have official pajamas, and was wondering about a Mario Party in a dream or sleep setting. But then I remembered Mario Party 5 already had the Dream Depot, so now the part of my brain that does fan speculation is frustrated over the topic.

I think the thing with Bowser feeling sidelined by a new villain is more related to how business as usual is interrupted whenever a new villain comes in, as the new villain has their own agenda unrelated to the usual conflicts between Mario and Bowser. Bowser is probably used to Mario (and Luigi) being his only adversary too, so a new face in the mix throws the usual routines off for everyone. Bowser is an important part of the main cast, which is why it's hard to just inexplicably have him absent for the sake of the plot.

I'm actually still slightly worried about the M&L series post-remakes.

If Paper Mario is still not going back to its RPG roots, then I think M&L is just fine, as Nintendo stated that there wouldn’t be two RPG series concurring each other. Though what do I know, is that statement even true?

Oh it's not the gameplay I'm worried about. Paper Jam was still a well-made RPG. I'm really hoping the super-conservative characters were a one-time thing like they said, and I think I have much reason to be confident, but I can't 100% confirm it until I see a new game.

It's kinda funny how the one game where Bowser is almost entirely absent is Mario + Rabbids.
And that it is also one of the hand-full of games where Peach doesn't get kidnapped at all.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
I think the thing with Bowser feeling sidelined by a new villain is more related to how business as usual is interrupted whenever a new villain comes in, as the new villain has their own agenda unrelated to the usual conflicts between Mario and Bowser. Bowser is probably used to Mario (and Luigi) being his only adversary too, so a new face in the mix throws the usual routines off for everyone. Bowser is an important part of the main cast, which is why it's hard to just inexplicably have him absent for the sake of the plot.

I'm actually still slightly worried about the M&L series post-remakes.

It's not really as big as a throw off unless Bowser gets dragged into it. Otherwise him being absent is easily acceptable.

In fact you could have cut him out of TTYD and Partners in Time entirely and very little of those games would have to be changed.

You'd be missing out on him meeting Baby Bowser though, which was a great counterpart to what Mario and Luigi did in PIT, and his boss fights were still great too (even if in TTYD they both came out of nowhere, they were still good boss fights)

His boss fight in PiT was fun I'll give you that but the one from TTYD was just a retread of the first game without the star rod and kammy backing him up.

But other than that he really doesn't do anything of significance and if there is one thing I cannot stand in any medium it's pointless characters.

Fawfulthegreat64 said:
You'd be missing out on him meeting Baby Bowser though, which was a great counterpart to what Mario and Luigi did in PIT, and his boss fights were still great too (even if in TTYD they both came out of nowhere, they were still good boss fights)
The TTYD ones were bad because of how pointless they were. I don't think you even have to win the first fight and it just ends up being a random thing that happens.
That said, his lines in TTYD were pretty good, so I'm kinda conflicted.

Oh he does a lot in that game.

And 90% of it is just terrible.

Magikrazy said:
sad realization that bowser does more in super paper mario than in thousand year door
He does more in that game than any of the others except the original Paper Mario.

Thousand-Year Door is probably Bowser's least involved role in the series. He had more of a role in Sticker Star and Color Splash as well.

Mcmadness said:
Oh he does a lot in that game.

And 90% of it is just terrible.

He needed more tension towards the rest of the party and more disrespect towards the world around him. Bowser Inside Story nailed the second and Super Mario RPG did the first better.

What he needs ISTONOTHAVEATERRIBLEBOSSFIGHTWHEREHEATTACKSBYFLAILINGHISARMSPATHETICALLYATYOU

I'm calm

Mcmadness said:
What he needs ISTONOTHAVEATERRIBLEBOSSFIGHTWHEREHEATTACKSBYFLAILINGHISARMSPATHETICALLYATYOU

I'm calm
Bowser flailing his arms in general seems to be a thing in Super Paper Mario. Even Dimentio comments on it.
Now I'm disappointed Bowser doesn't the ability to fly by flailing his arms really really fast.

If anything, it should Luigi flailing his noodle arms.

Why IS Luigi portrayed so out-of-character in the Paper Mario games? Every other character perhaps sans Bowser in SPM is at least generally in-line.

Back