post any random Mario thought on your mind

I think you're all forgetting the one who actually slung graffiti. :bowjr:

According to the Piantas, he's the same person. :P

The thing about Splatoon is that you don't have multiple playable characters; you just have Inkling Boy and Girl (and soon Octoling Boy and Girl) with customization options like hair and other stuff. Choosing between Inkling boy or girl, Octoling boy or girl, or just Mario would feel weird and out of place. Contrast that with Mario Kart where you have tons of playable characters so having a few from another series feels natural.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeyUIyAIGoQ

the map theme from yoshi's island bears a passing resemblance to this song

The overall mood does fit the Yoshi's Island theme in general.

I think Mario Kart: Double Dash has the hammiest voice acting of any Mario game (Mario Party 8 comes REALLY close though). I think Mario spinoffs benefit a ton from the cheesy oneliners like "I-am Daisy" "Who's number one now? Luigi", "Keketi" "Take it easy" "Take-a this" / "Take that" and the incessant whooahahahahahahahaha, "Checkered bwankie fo' Weegee!" and Bowser overall, and Peach's singing and Daisy's groaning when they're getting knocked around. Voice effects will be a lot more fun to play around if they're like that and not the barely audible unenthusiastic grunting of most characters and Mario's falsetto in Mario Kart 8.

i think the best voice acting in Mario Kart was done in Mario Kart Wii hands down.

The final GCN Mario Party games as well as the Tennis and Golf games had also good voice overs.

I will forever hate Sunshine though because it is thanks to it's awful voice acting that Nintendo basically ditched the concept in the later games.

Sunshine has pretty swell Mario lines. Even if they are unused and some reused Super Mario 64 ones sound really out of place.

"Hello, door".

"ANOTHER DOOR???!?!?"

"There's MORE!?!?"

"Aren't I done yet?"

and Mario's burning scream is probably among the most intense yelling too.

Everyone's other voices are meh.

I like Peach's incredulous, "Mama? Mama Peach? I'm your mama?". She's not the brightest ruler of Mushroom Kingdom, huh?

Everybody knows what line I think of.

Though the judge shouting OVERRULED in that farce of a court case still cracks me up.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I like Peach's incredulous, "Mama? Mama Peach? I'm your mama?". She's not the brightest ruler of Mushroom Kingdom, huh?
To be fair, babies do come from storks so it could have been a case of not getting the delivery.

Swiftie_Luma said:
i think the best voice acting in Mario Kart was done in Mario Kart Wii hands down.

Agreed, Baby Luigi's best lines come from that game.

Mcmadness said:
To be fair, babies do come from storks so it could have been a case of not getting the delivery.
How would Peach not know??

And I wonder, wouldn't Mario be incredibly turned off if Bowser Jr. was really Peach's son?

It's a delivery service, shit always goes wrong with those.

It could have also been a case of her saying that in disbelief, it just didn't come off well due to the poor voice acting.

The way the scene played out, she had some time to express disbelief, but disbelief wears off quickly. The way she talks so slowly and deliberately, it makes her sound really daft rather than what they were intending for, to shock the player.

Again, bad voice acting.

Like a certain Koopa who got his vacation disturbed.

this is also surprising because even if Mario voice actors are kinda not that great for the most part (they dont need to be thaaaaaat great either lets be honest they dont say much) Jen Taylor is actually are great voice actress , so her take on Peach was pretty awkward on that as oppossed to Zoey in Left 4 Dead or her Cortana.

This just smells like bs voice direction once again to me.

I attribute it to voice direction too because Left 4 Dead's voice acting is great; the delivery by the actors is fun and makes up for the simplistic personalities the survivors have. And so Super Mario Sunshine has also simplistic characters and voice acting, and it turns out laughably bland.

Oh yes it was definitely the direction. A bad director can ruin any actor, no matter how talented.

Case in point

speaking of bad direction

what the hell were the smash bros. voice directors on to make mario, luigi, etc sound crappy?

oh and whoever was in charge of bowser and donkey kong's voices in brawl and sm4sh should be fired

This is good for the mind (be warned there's some ear rape in the chunky kong portion)

I more prefer this version.

Back