post any random Mario thought on your mind

In "honor" of the Emoji Movie, here is a Yoshi emote that I found on Tumblr
C“)_/)

Is some pawn from Game Theory responsible for that "The Merciless Executioner" redirect?

And I wonder, who the hell searches Bowser, thinks "Hmmm, I know only "'Bowser, King of the Koopa' so I guess I'll search that " and types "Bowser, King of the Koopa" point-to-point?

Not even lb would do that

LeftyGreenMario said:
Is some pawn from Game Theory responsible for that "The Merciless Executioner" redirect?
It's probably one of the throwaway nicknames that Mario got in one of the franchise's tournaments, and clearly someone thought that people would be searching in droves for this very specific nickname and not the name of the person it was obvious attributed to.

edit: yep

LeftyGreenMario said:

And I wonder, who the hell searches Bowser, thinks "Hmmm, I know only "'Bowser, King of the Koopa' so I guess I'll search that " and types "Bowser, King of the Koopa" point-to-point?

Think about who would type in Fungus cap. That's even more unlikely.

Tadaomi Karasuma said:
LeftyGreenMario said:

Think about who would type in Fungus cap. That's even more unlikely.
Yeah, I have no idea who thought it was a good idea to even make that redirect, hahaha, ahahahahaha.

I don't like how a lot of characters in Superstar Saga have different sprite design in battle than in the overworld, mainly enemies and bosses. For Bowser, the battle sprite is an improvement over most of his overworld sprites but I can't say the same for most of the other ones. I like how the later games kept the same design or made less changes between them, only giving battle sprites different stances and obviously attack animations.

EDIT: Tubba Blubba's eyes remind me of most enemies controlled by the Shroobs in PIT, most notably Yoob. I know they didn't exist yet when PM64 came out, but it's just a random similarity that popped into my head.

Isn't that a holdover from classic RPG titles like Final Fantasy though?

If you're talking about the sprite difference thing, then I'd say the same for those games if I played them. No reason to not have consistency IMO. Didn't Super Mario RPG parody that with Culex?

Weasel said:
why isn't blue falcon the fastest kart in the game

If memory serves me right, the Blue Falcon was more of an all-around vehicle in the F-Zero titles, or at least in GX.

Ot it is just a kart modeled after it, obviously.

Monster said:
If you're talking about the sprite difference thing, then I'd say the same for those games if I played them. No reason to not have consistency IMO. Didn't Super Mario RPG parody that with Culex?

Some games have a reason to have different overworld sprites. The stylistic differences between overworld and battle can be drastic. Like in the overworld, they emphasize on environment more than characters while in battle, a lot of detail and attention is focused on the characters. Think Pokemon, how their overworld characters and sprites have less detail than in-battle, where it matters more.

It's not a parody, it's more of a reference.

You know, jumping on a koopa and kicking it into a line of enemies never stops being satisfying.

I like ground pounding Goomba Towers.

Back