post any random Mario thought on your mind

Perhaps some Carmen Sandiego to quell your accumulating wanting for bloodthirst?

Time Turner said:
edit: calming down, calming down

And that ladies and gentlemen is why I say that just because somebody is passionate about their work, doesn't mean it will turn out to be good.

mario + rabbids annoys me because it's proabably going to end up loved and the developers are really passionate but no DAISY

Mcmadness said:
Time Turner said:
edit: calming down, calming down

And that ladies and gentlemen is why I say that just because somebody is passionate about their work, doesn't mean it will turn out to be good.

Really? It's entertaining for me to see Time Turner rave about a preschooler's Mario game.

memoryman3 said:
mario + rabbids annoys me because it's proabably going to end up loved and the developers are really passionate but no DAISY
ya know, there's more to life than just Daisy

Luigi 64DD said:
memoryman3 said:
ya know, there's more to life than just Daisy

I know, but it feels awful seeing a great new take on the Mario franchise without her, and the games she does appear in are...well....a bit lazy these days.

Look, face it, Daisy is in a position she will always be in. She won't be given any more recognition than that, but will also not get forgotten, and that's a thing you should be happy about, so stop whining about her not having important roles, because she was just brought back for Mario Tennis for mere partnership with Peach, nothing more, and think also of the other characters that got completely forgotten on the way and never saw the light again. She was not meant to add anything to the series, as her first appearance was as a damsel in distress, a role Peach already fulfilled.

I reckon Daisy might make some sort of one-time comeback thing in a more central game at some point, but I don't think it'll be huge. If anything though, I reckon it'd be a small support role, not as someone particularly central. Perhaps something similar to the way Pauline pops up in Odyssey?

Baby Luigi said:
Really? It's entertaining for me to see Time Turner rave about a preschooler's Mario game.
It seemed that McNuggetsV3 is referring to how the developers of Diddy's Mario's Fetch Quest are so passionate about their game that they made their final a self-insert.

Baby Luigi said:
You should make an entire thread devoted towards this.
My insane ramblings would just become more insane as the thread developed. It's tempting, but I don't think that I have enough witty comebacks within me to support the entire game.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Perhaps some Carmen Sandiego to quell your accumulating wanting for bloodthirst?
I was actually planning on moving to Mario is Missing afterwards, but I'll probably take a break just to make sure I don't actually snap.

LeftyGreenMario said:
Baby Luigi said:
It seemed that McNuggetsV3 is referring to how the developers of Diddy's Mario's Fetch Quest are so passionate about their game that they made their final a self-insert.
I'm not even sure if it's passion or just a blind egotism.

Seriously, though, have you played any Carmen Sandiego (I haven't) and if you did, how would you compare? I'd imagine the game doesn't treat their audience like idiots, has a more engaging story, has better gameplay, and is far more educational. I also ask this just to hold Mario's Time Machine to a similar standard so we can counter the imaginary "y so hard on edutainment for children?".

Time Turner said:
I'm not even sure if it's passion or just a blind egotism.

Both most likely.

From the looks of Mario's Time Machine and its quality, I think blind egotism is more likely.

Eduntainment games don't deserve a bad reputation, I don't like the fact people put down the Mario edutainment games simply for being edutainment and not in their target demographic. In the hands of the right developers, they can be very great experiences for their target demographics too, and they can be, well, educational.

I miss you Magic School Bus, Arthur, Clue Finders, Zoombinis, Mia, and Math Blaster! :'(

I think that makes perfect sense, really.

Pink Cat said:
So, Sonic Lost World had Yoshi Island DLC ... of all the Mario games they could chose, they chose the one with a blue hedgehog enemy

Pretty ironic, seeing as Nintendo and SEGA were rival companies during the 1990's.

You know, for years I wondered why the Koopa Clown car was a giant clown face.

Then only just recently it hit me as to what it means to be a clown car.

like playing with humans except the other controllers float the whole time and they'll always complain that Boo isn't in 10.

Back