1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
Lakituthequick said:
Pwwnd123 said:
The Wii will eventually become discontinued hopefully by the end of this year or early next year.
The Wii was discontinued in 2013.
Nah, the Wii is still alive due to the Wii mini being still in production. They didn't discontinue it fully. The Wii mini and the Wii in general will eventually be discontinued by the end of this year or early next year.

There's was a hidden easter egg in the system, with Golf (NES). Set the date manually on July 11 (Iwata's death) and do the direct gesture in the HOME screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGN6QXv7sfs

Heartwarming and tearjerking tribute to Satoru Iwata. :(

infinite8 said:
There's was a hidden easter egg in the system, with Golf (NES). Set the date manually on July 11 (Iwata's death) and do the direct gesture in the HOME screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGN6QXv7sfs

Heartwarming and tearjerking tribute to Satoru Iwata. :(

Wow

Apparently it doesn't work if you just set the date manually

For this it will always take the Last date it got from the internet regardless of what you set

Unless the console has never been connected to the internet and you set the date manually at that point

And by never I mean literally never

Or the last time you were connected was re 11th july

Picross S was recently announced, which is great since I like Picross. I hope that the game is differently structured from the 3DS games, where there are a lot of Picross games but they are just puzzle packs, similar to the Super Famicom Picross games. Basically if they could congregate the Picross packs in one game that would be swell.

Kirumi Tojo said:
Apparently it doesn't work if you just set the date manually

For this it will always take the Last date it got from the internet regardless of what you set

Unless the console has never been connected to the internet and you set the date manually at that point

And by never I mean literally never

Or the last time you were connected was re 11th july

I received my Switch around this time, so it's unfortunate that I only learn about this now.

Thank you for reading.

The Australian Mario Odyssey bundle contains just the red console and game card, however if you buy the regular console and game separately, it works out to be 5 cents cheaper.

Pauline said:
The Australian Mario Odyssey bundle contains just the red console and game card, however if you buy the regular console and game separately, it works out to be 5 cents cheaper.
Are you really telling me that having both the Joy-Cons red instead of red and blue or both black isn't worth 5 cents? It also includes a game card rather than the download code of the European version!

Has anybody bought Golf Story? It's one of the games that interests me because it looks to do what the portable Mario Golf games had done before: Golf RPG. Not only is it favourable in reviews, it also seems mildly popular despite lacking in advertising.

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
Has anybody bought Golf Story?

Me.

As the only person here that enjoyed the GBC Mario Golf, it's everything I could want. Also the soundtrack is super chill and I love it.

Looks like the latest version of the Nintendo Switch OS is out! It's currently version 4.0.0! More information here: https://www.nintendo.com/switch/system-update/

The rundown for the latest update is:
1) Capture button allows for footage-capturing for up to 30 seconds. If you hold the button, the 30 seconds before it's pressed will be able to be selected. However, it's only functional for certain games at this point of time, being Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS and Splatoon 2.
2) New profile icons stemming from Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Super Mario Odyssey.
3) Ability to transfer saves between Nintendo Switch systems (not certain if it can be copied, but the wording means saves are moved)
4) eShop now contains pre-purchase function (pre-order in layman's terms), though not certain if any game has that function yet.

Something I think are recently updated, based on off-hand comments, are:
1) The profile allows for more time intervals for software used when viewing the "games played" part of the Profile (it can show 3 or 4 hours).
DMdhh9QUQAAPBh2.jpg

2) News section has an updated layout
DMdjlZdUEAAeWDj.jpg

Thank you for reading.

winstein said:
1) Capture button allows for footage-capturing for up to 30 seconds. If you hold the button, the 30 seconds before it's pressed will be able to be selected. However, it's only functional for certain games at this point of time, being Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS and Splatoon 2.
Finally! There’s been too many occasions where I wish I could have recorded a battle in Splatoon 2, and now I (kind of) can.

Meh, would've preferred something that just sets it to "record" until it's turned off, or at least for longer than 30 seconds. Y'know, for playthrough videos and such, so I could record in handheld mode instead of always docking it to set up a capture device. What if I have a memorable moment that lasts longer than 30 seconds, like a good run of a mission (thinking of Mario Odyssey here, surely this feature will work on it?)

It works for absolutely every game (that has pro controller support) now apparently, also completely ignoring the fact that you’re fucked if you ever need a select or a zl button, or need to press the sticks

The regular pro controller felt better when I tried it so meh.

I've tried the videocapture function the other day, seems to work but the framerate lets down when things move. Also if you press capture again within 30 seconds of the last time, the video will start of where you last pressed it, and not overlap.

Also the fact that it saves the 30 seconds before you hit it imply that it is constantly recording, which I think may hurt performance. So it's a cool function and all, but it has its flaws.

I am not sure about Smash coming soon, or Gamecube VC games for that matter, because even the added functionality for the adaptor is a surprise for Nintendo. In any case, having another controller that can work with the Switch is a benefit nonetheless.

I think I heard that the recording time for Switch will be increased to minutes in the future, which sounds good if it's true, provided that it doesn't affect performance too much. Moreover, I hope that more games could support the video recording function in the future, because some future games like Mutant Mudds have this feature planned. A game like Puyo Puyo Tetris would benefit from this.

Thank you for reading.

ArchagentEverlasting said:
Honestly, all the Switch needs is Final Fantasy 6 and it's the best console ever for me.

now im conflicted about whether your sig is your ff toplist or your mario party toplist

Back