1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
freakworld said:
ArchagentEverlasting said:
Honestly, all the Switch needs is Final Fantasy 6 and it's the best console ever for me.

now im conflicted about whether your sig is your ff toplist or your mario party toplist
if it's a mario party top list he has shitty opinions on mario party

Leon Kuwata said:
freakworld said:
Honestly, all the Switch needs is Final Fantasy 6 and it's the best console ever for me.

now im conflicted about whether your sig is your ff toplist or your mario party toplist

if its a final fantasy toplist i want to know why 10 is so low also what happened to 12 and 15 (we dont talk about 13, or mmos)

His list is obviously about Kidz Bop.

It has done almost as well as the Wii U has done in its entire lifetime.

That's a huge damn improvement over the Wii U, and this is before the holiday sales.

I really hope that means more amazing games will come out of it. Perhaps we might see a Mario Sports title and Mario Party title worth a damn on that system.

and a proper mario rpg

i wouldnt mind square enix returning for the job but that might be too much of a daydream

Baby Luigi said:
It has done almost as well as the Wii U has done in its entire lifetime.

That's a huge damn improvement over the Wii U, and this is before the holiday sales.

I really hope that means more amazing games will come out of it. Perhaps we might see a Mario Sports title and Mario Party title worth a damn on that system.

Switch is no doubt going to surpass Wii U lifetime sales and even GameCube lifetime sales. It will go over N64 lifetimes sales. And even beyond NES and SNES lifetime sales. It may even reach the Wii and go beyond that.

We might get a new Mario Sports collection like Mario Sports Superstars, and hopefully if Nintendo, Konami (since they own Hudson) and NDCube are willing to team up, a Mario Party Collection (which has all the Mario Party games, with most of the good ones). We could even see a new Mario Party that might start to make Mario Party back to being yearly and rapid like Madden and FIFA, and Pro Evolution Soccer/Winning Eleven.

freakworld said:
Leon Kuwata said:
freakworld said:

if its a final fantasy toplist i want to know why 10 is so low also what happened to 12 and 15 (we dont talk about 13, or mmos)
i thought it was mega man

no way in hell is mm3 the worst

I seriously hope they tell us something this service will have that the current doesn't have (beside the possible VC), otherwise paying for the same service you have for free now isn't a very good birthday present...

Today is the Nintendo Switch's one year anniversary! It's been a successful 1st year for this console.

Also, has anybody's Switch gotten the infamous playtime glitch yet? Hopefully they fix this sometime soon!
Switch Playtime Glitch Playtime Switch Glitch Playtime Glitch Switch
I just like to play around the fact that Switch and Glitch rhyme

The recent Nintendo Switch firmware is ready to be downloaded! These are the notable features found in this update:
- Add friends through Twitter and Facebook, provided you register that account with your Nintendo account and is 13+ years old
- Digital games purchased through PC or smart device will be downloaded sooner to the system, and will be downloaded in sleep mode even
- Able to filter news for unread news
- Pro Controller's grip colours are reflected on the controller screen (the Xenoblade controller is an example)
- Get notified when pre-purchased software is ready to be played
- Fixed Play Activity time glitch
- Parental control upgrades (doubt anyone cares about this one)
- More icons from ARMS and Kirby. For ARMS, there are the 15 playable characters. For Kirby, it's Kirby, Meta Knight, King Dedede, Waddle Dee, Magolor, Kirby with Heart and three lady characters from Star Allies:
DYIIaetUQAIJ5n8.jpg:large

Anyway, are there any icons that you would love to see being released? For me, I am holding out for the second batch of Mario's friends, namely Daisy, Wario, Waluigi because the first set only have two characters that I could see myself using (Mario and DK). I predict that the second batch will have Toad, Daisy, Wario, Waluigi, Rosalina and Koopa Troopa.

Thank you for reading.

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/993660710080069633
Nintendo announced the online service, and I can't say I'm impressed. Are cloud saves and NES games with online functionality the only things they're adding? Maybe they'll add later systems at some later point, but I have a bad feeling about this, especially because this could mean no normal Virtual Console.

EDIT: Upon looking at it a bit more, having what I understand to be a sort of Netflix of 20 (and later more) NES games is actually a pretty good deal, but I still am worried if the Virtual Console will be adequately replaced. What are they gonna do with the other legacy systems that they had on VC and what about Gamecube?

Yeah like i'm still going to buy it (20 bucks a year baby)
but like i'm not super impressed with it

Something like 2 weeks ago, I managed to fix some problem with my Switch which prohibited me from playing online or accessing the Eshop. All I did was just change my Nintendo Account region. So just in case we wanna play online, I'm in!

Plague Knight said:
What are they gonna do with the other legacy systems that they had on VC and what about Gamecube?

I'm willing to bet nothing.

I'm actually afraid of that. If they had GameCube games on Wii U it wouldn't be as bad, but they had everything easily available on Wii U except GameCube. That library hasn't had any sort of rerelease anywhere and it's the only one. I think it's incredibly stupid to keep it that way forever (which would probably be how it is if Nintendo has no plans to do it on Switch).

Maybe Grezzo is working on making the GameCube games (like they are currently for Luigi's Mansion). But, if that's the case, it is very unlikely they will be put on the Switch and more likely the 3DS. Though, it is a win either way... if I had a Switch.

According to this article, Nintendo has no plans to release games under the Virtual Console branding on the Switch. As someone in the comments noted, it's worded so that they could call them "Nintendo Classics" or something and keep it pretty much the same. Honestly, I would be fine if they released the legacy games on the Eshop except for NES games, leaving those for the online service. Yeah, it'd be weird to only be able to get NES games through the service while getting all the others normally, but if you look at it as making NES games less expensive, it's not so weird (since you'll be paying $20/yr for over 20 NES games).

To be honest, virtual console is just the same games over and over again on Wii shop, Wii U, 3DS VC
Its all the same NES games, I hope they release an N64 or GameCube virtual console on Switch

Seems silly theyd go through all the effort of making NES games for the switch subscription service and not use the knowledge and tech to recreate port games for sale for people who dont want the switch service.

I guess it makes the free NES games pointless if people can just buy them

I understand that the Virtual Console may seem pointless for some NES games like the Mega Man games since we have the Legacy Collections and stuff. But what about other franchises like Castlevania and Contra, among others. Sure we already have the Nintendo Classic Mini series. But we want the ability to play our N64, GameCube and probably Wii games on the go. I don't want N64, GameCube and Wii games to be lost. I want them to be alive and preserved for new generations.

Back