Nintendo Switch

1 2 Switch GOTY 2017

• Yes

Votes: 13 39.4%
  • Yes

Votes: 20 60.6%

• Total voters
supermariofan said:
To all the people on this site who owns the Switch...how do the cartridges taste?

like plastic

http://gonintendo.com/stories/275997-is-south-park-teasing-something-nintendo-related

PLEASE

Mienshao said:
http://gonintendo.com/stories/275997-is-south-park-teasing-something-nintendo-related

PLEASE
That's funny because I just bought Stick of Truth two weeks ago and I absolutely love it so far! A wonderful tribute to turn based RPGs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/5yj2zk/ama_request_jeff_kaplan/dew8wlb/

could it happen
could portable overwatch exist in our lifetime

make cosmetics sync happen u bastards

I'm off in like a week and my assessments are now done for the term so I bought it early, yay

Sadly, Breath of the Wild was actually completely out of stock in every store I went to and called up to, so I had to wait a few days for a new shipment to arrive before reserving one and even then, that went out of stock (minus my copy) within a day. So I've been playing Zelda for the past few days and am loving it so much. Have cleared one divine beast and have a new husband (see avatar)

The console's UI is clean and basic, but the lack of any background music/ambience anywhere (not even lovecraftian drones like the gamecube) gives it pretty much no personality, which I was pretty surprised about given that this is Nintendo. That being said, switching between the game you're playing and the home menu is fast and easy and you do get used to the silence after a while. The true disappointment is the eShop, the layout is pretty bad at the moment. Hopefully it comes into its own like the Wii U eShop did once virtual console hits (oddly, there are already NeoGeo games lol) and they have to add categories. Another big miss is the lack of any internet related apps or functions, like an internet browser of all things. Nintendo has stated that things like Netflix and Youtube will come eventually and hopefully more functionality will come with said updates (Netflix in particular would be amazing with the screen).

Another big surprise was the quality of the handheld screen and just how comfortable the console is when its undocked (thankfully I have no dead pixels on my screen either). The sheer amount of control options for playing on the switch is probably its best feature, and I've never been more comfortable playing vidya ever.

Also, hilariously, after getting used to the Switch, holding the Wii U gamepad is like holding a brick. Would not recommend unless you want to have extreme whiplash over how you managed to put up with the Wii U for so many years. :yoshi:

furthermore specter knight is awesome and if it wasn't for prince sidon he'd be my theme right now

friend code: SW-5633-7689-5779

2257 said:
wow i read that whole post thinking you were fanta
theres more than enough sidon for the both of us :luigi:

And yeah the eshop feels so detached from the rest of the console it does feel like an afterthought

oooo I forgot one feature I really really like and thats the screenshot function because it is /also/ very fast and easy to use (even better than sony's imo, though no video recording is a bummer), but above all else, I am overjoyed that I no longer have to use bloody miiverse and its awful loading times to take basic screenshots of a shark man

I'm hoping they just shat out the e-shop just to have a functioning one for launch and that they're slowly retooling it for when they officially roll out their online service (even though e-shop is not part of the service, but w/e).

The lack of music is the most disappointing thing about it for me, since both Wii U and 3ds e-shop have it. I forget how the e-shop launched for both systems though.

I'm not too fussed about what the eshop looks like, as long as it eventually ends up filled with content I'll never buy. It looks nice for now and that's all I can ask for, at least until they inevitably clutter it up. Even the home menu isn't a big deal imo. It's simple, not frustrating and immediately shows me the only reason I bought the Switch; the games. No doubt they'll have a themes shop in the future too.

I have had issues with connecting to the internet on start up. I have to go into the internet settings, try to connect, it fails, and then it's connected as a result despite saying it failed.

Yeah its just this level of simplicity from Nintendo's UIs is unprecedented, but its easy to get used to. I hope the inevitable theme shop offers plain colour themes with music anyway.

I have also had internet troubles but mainly when I have the console docked. When I remove the tablet from the dock, it connects immediately but when its docked it has a pretty high chance of just not connecting at all, so I assume it might have something to do with the dock itself blocking the connection, which is ridiculous if true. Hope it doesnt affect the splatoon 2 testfire

Also what is the giant gray ? menu option supposed to be though? It just says "insert game card" even when I already have BoTW in there.

I assumed it was for the gamecard but then it didn't disappear when I put BotW in. Well whatevs, I don't really mind it though it's just weird.

Also anyone have Binding of Isaac on switch and can let me know how well it's been ported? don't feel like importing it but if its good I might consider not being lazy and setting up a US nintendo account to get it early (because it still doesn't have a release date in aus afaik)

I got a Switch! At Walmart, of all places. Although I got Breath of the Wild, it won't be in my possession until the weekend for reasons that are too complicated for me to bother to explain. I guess I'll have to play 1-2 Switch until then.

Who's excited for the new Neon Yellow Joy-Cons and the new Joy-Cons battery pack?

Back