The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Released!)

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Sonic Forces Release date)

[youtube]watch?v=WLtp45DoNk4[/youtube]
It releases on the same day Miiverse is shut down. How's that for timing? At least, it is on the Nintendo Switch, so it wouldn't be affected by it whatsoever.

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Sonic Mania is Released!)

Shadow will be playable in Sonic Forces

He'll have 3 bonus levels/a side story all to himself. But once you beat that you'll have the option of playing as Shadow in all of Modern Sonic's stages.

I hog that hate hedge

Northern Verve said:
Shadow will be playable in Sonic Forces

He'll have 3 bonus levels/a side story all to himself. But once you beat that you'll have the option of playing as Shadow in all of Modern Sonic's stages.
FIRST I CAN MAKE MY OWN WAIFU
NOW I CAN PLAY AS THE PERFECT CREATURE
JESUS THIS GAME GETS BETTER AND BETTER!

All it needs now is Infinite being playable in his own mode.

And the SatAM/Archie cast.

featuring Dante from the devil may cry series

Sorry to divert the subject, but there's something that I was bothered for a while last time: Tails spinning. Specifically, in the 2D games, when Tails does a spin roll or spin dash, this is how it's portrayed:

tails___spindash_by_yoshij1had-d494deq.png

The fact that a fox can spin isn't the part that I am bothered with, but it's when Tails does a roll, his tails doesn't spin around his body. Imagine Tails' posture when he is rolling, and you will get what I mean. Somehow the 3D games is more accurate about how Tails spin, which I guess is due to the skeleton of the 3D model (except the Saturn games, which have each segment as separate). It's odd that Tails never does a spin roll in the cartoons.

I hope the developers could answer this inquiry about the odd design choice, because I am curious on why they made Tails spin like this. If an explanation could be given to Mickey Mouse's odd ear perspective (the designers basically made it easier to animate the mouse), then surely the same could be said for Tails.

Thank you for reading.

I think it's because the tails are such a notable part of Tails that they decide to keep the tails in when he is spin-dashing.

Tails's tails are so freaking weird.

How do they even rotate in the first place?

He probably has a joint in there that can do a complete 360.

There is this theory by Lockstin on Tails' flight (A channel kind of like Game Theory though alot less obnoxious sounding as MatPat can be)

Feel free to take it with a grain of salt as with any theory video. But basically because how the tails should biologically make it impossible for him to fly like he does. The conclusion is he's secretly some kind of cyborg and the tails he has are like literal helicopter blades inside. He also goes into something how that explains why the tails stick out when Tails is rolled up into a ball as well in the video.

But as for most people I think this is just going to be one of those video game logic things.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/291017-sega-announces-hooters-collaboration-for-sonic-forces-in-japan

k

Sega that's not what they meant by "target an older demographic"

I thought that the way Sonic Forces is handled currently is fascinating, because fans of Sonic seem to generally be less than positive about how it's handled. I get the sense that even the past Sonic games were not that bad (even Lost World), but Forces is something special. Specifically, on a Sonic forum, some people were worried about the aspects of this game demonstrated by the demo, including but not limited to: Classic Sonic controlling less natural than Sonic Mania and having very few Zones shown.

As for me, I can say that this game looks very nice to look at, and the Custome Character is a welcomed surprised. Since I am not so invested in the game as Sonic fans, I kind of wonder if a miracle could happen that caused dissenters to at least have an improved outlook on this game.

Thank you for reading.

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Sonic Forces is Released!)

Sonic Forces released today. I haven't got it since I'm still waiting til I get my Nintendo Switch around Christmas time.

But I thought I'd get some thoughts out there on what I know without spoilers (I've kept most of the story in the dark because for the first time in a while we actually have somewhat of a serious attempt at a story this time.) And what I think is already shaping to be the general consensus.

How much you may like this game may entirely depend on how you feel about the avatar/custom hero. Cause in terms of level count it's given the same amount of levels Modern Sonic is. And most of the replayabiity entirely depends on the custom hero. Cause aside from the main story the only other incentives to keep playing it for is more costume parts. As for Classic Sonic, I hear there's not actually too much levels for that part. Which will no doubt put more weight into one of the biggest questions of this game in why bring Classic Sonic to this game in the first place.

So if you don't care at all about being able to make your own character. I won't fault you for wanting to wait for a discount/price drop (Albeit even just coming out it's not $60, it's $40) or even skip the game altogether. This is very much a niche game that probably longtime and/or younger Sonic fans are going to get more enjoyment out of more then anyone else. It's probably far from a game people will choose to introduce people to Sonic.

You should be fine if you already liked Sonic to begin with, especially Colors and/or Generations though there's definitely some whispers that Colors and Generations might still be overall better games then Forces.

So if you're not a big Sonic fan nor a person who likes making Sonic OCs I'd advise some caution on getting the game. Though that said I'm not saying it's a terrible game by any means. It's probably closer to the average/ok scale of things. It's not going to impress that many but it's far from a trainwreck that some were making it out to be.

And this is just my thoughts on hearing about how it's been received so far. As I mentioned I haven't played it myself yet and maybe I'll end up enjoying it more then most. There are probably much worse Sonic games I hold dear in some way still (Ex: Secret Rings. Gameplay wise it's a guilty pleasure but I do enjoy alot of how that game felt from the story, soundtrack, and Arabian Nights theme) so who knows.

One thing to keep in mind on how this game could be a step down from Generations though for some is not too long ago Sega had a huge restructure that included some layoffs and everything. Possibly meaning Forces had a smaller team then with Colors or Generations.

But yea, Forces isn't a disaster. Though it's not exactly going to be praised as a return to form for Sonic either.

and to the surprise of nobody, turns out Sonic Forces is hot garbage

So after looking through all the cutscenes, I can't believe I'm saying this but....

Eggman is so boring in this game.

Mcmadness said:
So after looking through all the cutscenes, I can't believe I'm saying this but....

Eggman is so boring in this game.

How in the world can you make Eggman boring!?!?!??!

You can count the amount of minutes of screen time he has on one hand and he isn't anywhere near as hammy as he should be.

Good to see Sonic Team still hasn't mastered the foreign art of not making Sonic fall-off uneven slopes

Back