The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Released!)

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Sonic Forces is Released!)

i beat the game in one day

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Sonic Forces is Released!)

I've beaten the game a couple of days ago. I'll go on and talk about the end. So at a moment you beat Infinite for the last time and he disappears. But the phantom ruby's power is still strong enough to power up a giant Death Egg Robot controlled by Eggman. The boss has 3 phases:

Phase 1: You play as Classic Sonic. The Robot destroys the platforms you're standing on with rocks. You have to throw them back at him (much like the first Eggman battle in the game.)

Phase 2: You control your OC. The Robot will be hitting the ground, spawning normal death egg robots, and destroying some pieces of the ground. You need to target his arm while he hits the ground (because he lets it cool down for like 5 seconds). You can also target his belly to remove more damage.

Final phase: Just when you think you defeated him, a white spider-like Robot (that's also giant) comes out of the death egg robot and takes all three playable characters to some sort of space realm. You fight it with them. All you need to do is that you'll see the boost things, and charge into the robot. What makes it hard is the amount of HP of the robot. But it's just like Infinite and Metal Sonic's battle.

So in the end, all things created by Infinite disappear. But even Classic Sonic disappears. He also says bye. And then you get the credits. After them, you'll get a scene with the main characters talking about what to do. Your OC goes back to Ghost Town. You also get to create new OCs.

For more information, check out these videos:

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Sonic Mania Plus + New Sonic Racing game teased)

So there was an SXSW panel from Sega for Sonic. Some neat minor things like stuff for the upcoming comics. There will be a small series of shorts from the person who animated the Sonic Mania intro and other stuff.

But of course we have to get what they have announced in terms of actual games. They didn't have alot (It's kinda expected to be a slow year for Sonic after 2017 had two major game releases). First of which is that Sonic Mania will get an official Physical release in the summer. This physical release will also include 2 extra characters Mighty the Armadillo and Ray the Squirrel (Longtime Sonic fans will know them as very obscure characters from the mid-90s) and a few extra modes including a four player competition mode. Those who already have the digital release of the game will be able to recieve these additions as well as DLC at around the same time the physical release comes out. For the collectors out there, the physical release also comes with an Artbook.

The other game announcement was a really short teaser for what is likely a Sonic car racing game akin to the Sega All-Stars racing games.

This was rumored for a little while but nice to have it confirmed. BTW rumors also state this will be far more percentage Sonic then the All-Stars racing games were. Hardcore Sega fans that like other franchises other then Sonic will probably be disappointed about that. But that could mean quite a bit of fan service for Sonic fans coming with this game. With more Sonic characters, and probably all or most of the tracks should be Sonic inspired. Sumo Digital's work is probably the best Mario Kart clones so I'm pretty excited about this actually. Hope to see a more robust trailer, details, and/or gameplay at E3.

Northern Verve said:
But that could mean quite a bit of fan service for Sonic fans coming with this game.

fang or i riot

Excited for it, though. My buds and I are kinda burnt out on MK8D so if this has the same level of quality that Transformed had then this will be a day 1 buy from me.

My theory in the new Racing game, any of the racers you can chose can either run on foot or drive a cat and the races will be mix matches, hence both the car and the R logo but not being a sequel to anything specific

Gotta say that I'm a little annoyed that Mania didn't get it's physical release out of the gate since I prefer owning a game physically over digitally, but I'm glad that Mighty and Ray are playable at least. I hope that they're free DLC for folks who bought Mania off the Eshop.

Also I'm really excited for the new Sonic racing game.

With the Sonic racing game being mostly Sonic this time around. This could be the chance to put in quite a bit of Sonic characters. I'll have a list of everyone I hope or think will make it

Everyone that was playable in Sonic Heroes (Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Big, Cream, Shadow, Rouge, Omega, Vector, Espio, Charmy)
Dr. Eggman
Metal Sonic
Classic Sonic
Chaos (Sonic Adventure 1 Antagonist. Not to be confused with the Chao, though a team of them would make a cute racer too)
Blaze
Silver
Zazz and/or Zavok (If the game went full MK8 on us all the Deadly Six could be playable but probably not. I think most likely would be Zavok. Given he returned in Forces)
Infinite

That's a good 20-21 character roster that encompasses all eras of Sonic that I think most would be happy with. I think will will certainly be more interesting is what stages we get. I hope they encompass all eras there too. Some classic stages, some from the Dreamcast/Gamecube era, even some from the dark age of Sonic could still make some nice ideas for tracks, and of course more recent games.

What if Tails Doll comes back, but so much more similar to Tails (and not scary)?

To be honest, I kinda want them to to play up the scariness factor of Tails Doll like the comics did.

1e2.png

I am pretty tempted to get the Sonic Mania Plus package since I missed Sonic Mania due to having a sizeable backlog, and since my Switch backlog is next-to-nothing at the moment, I won't mind getting that game for it. If Amy were added it's an instant buy for me because in my mind Sonic feels more complete when Amy's included (and I'm not counting the Amy bombs in one of the Mania levels).

Thank you for reading.

Hope these shorts eventually lead onward to a new animated series, it looks amazing.

Yup

The first issue of the IDW Sonic comic came out today and it is really cool, I'm glad that Ian Flynn and Tracey Yardley are still working on it.

Due to IDW having their start with Sonic comics, I am relieved that the mismanagement of Sonic at Archie Comics is finally a thing in the past. Sure it's still happened, but the most important thing is that the dark age is over.

Thank you for reading.

Same, although I'm still gonna miss a lot of the characters from the Archie continuity.

Well guys, I just bought Shadow the Hedgehog. It was $6 at a swap meet and I couldn't pass it up. It's time to see how deep this shithole goes.

be careful when handling that disc gamefreak

you might cut yourself on the edge

New Sonic Mania Adventures Episode!

Sonic cries himself to sleep every night because he isn't Mario.

Sega made a trailer for Sonic Mania Plus, and it was never posted here. So I guess I'll have to do it.

ah my favorite sega character: stadium lights

One speculation is that this new Sonic racing game is going to be similar to Sonic R, since the "R" that's highlighted is the same as that game. Actually that sounds like something I would like only because I really liked Sonic R. The courses are very well-thought out, even though the characters are very unbalanced thanks to Super Sonic decimating the competition while Amy isn't that good (but her car have glitches that can break boundaries and complete laps faster).

Thank you for reading.

During the presentation where they revealed the game, they mentioned that this game will have nothing to do with previous games. So a Sonic R sequel isn't too likely.

ZE1m0dN.jpg

XLV6Upo.jpg

9xmrGIr.jpg

Team Sonic Racing combines the best elements of arcade and fast-paced competitive style racing as you face-off with friends in intense multiplayer racing. Race together and work together as a team by sharing power-ups and speed boosts. Take control of your racing style - Choose from 3 distinct character types and unlock game changing vehicle customization options to suit your racing style. Speed up. Gear Up Team Racing at Sonic Speed!
Online Multiplayer & Local Co-Op Modes 12 players per race, 4 player split screen, and various offline / online race modes including Grand Prix Mode, Exhibition Mode, Time-Trial and Team Adventure Mode.

Team Racing Race as a team, win as a team. Use various team moves to assist your teammates, knock out opponents and unleash your Team Ultimate.

Performance & Skin Customization Alter the appearance and handling of your vehicle.

Wisps - 14 spectacular offensive and defensive items to help overcome rival teams and get ahead!

Adventure Mode Unique story experience where players are introduced to basic game features and characters.

Various Characters and Classes 15 playable characters from across the Sonic Universe and 3 distinct character types including Speed, Technique, and Power classes.
Pretty excited about a story mode, and Wisps are better than the generic items that don't have anything to do with anything

Back