The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Released!)

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Project Sonic 2017's name is Sonic Forces)

sonic game sale on eshop

picked up 3d sonic 2 for like, 3 bucks

Sonic mania looks really fun. Looks like Sonic generations 2, but for the 2D games. That's fine.

Sonic forces looks like a return to the boost formula that i love and I find the story interesting and intriguing honestly.

All in all, I am stoked for these games and can't wait to play them. I think this could be the return to life sonic needs...but sega will probably try and kill him...AGAIN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn6uqp_mr98
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKjOJuPjiu4

"i am the sharpest of blades i'll cut you down in a second"

literal edge

it's dumb and i kinda... like it?

His name is pretty stupid imo

I really like Infinite's theme. Definitely my favorite thus far of what we have of the soundtrack.

Oh lord, we've gone back to 06 levels of stupid haven't we......

Mcmadness said:
Oh lord, we've gone back to 06 levels of stupid haven't we......

Nah, we're still a fair amount away from that level. It'd take alot more to reach 06 levels. Trust me.

tbh i like how this game looks. im all for a non filler version of sonic generations with good story

MMM DAMN

Seems like Forces will be a schlock-fest....and I'm fine with that.

In all honesty, I'm all for this. The kind of cheese in both the trailer showing Infinite and his theme is the type I've missed since the Adventure era of Sonic. That's the Sonic I grew up with.

It's not going to be like Sonic 06 just because that was the last time we got an edgy looking villain other then Eggman. Reminder that there was more things then that that muddled that game like trying to put Sonic in a realistic world. Where as Forces will definitely keep him on Mobius what with the whole resistance plot with the Custom Hero as part of the story.

As long as the gameplay stays in the same vein as Generations then I'll buy it. Couldn't care less about what the plot amounts to.

Northern Verve said:
In all honesty, I'm all for this. The kind of cheese in both the trailer showing Infinite and his theme is the type I've missed since the Adventure era of Sonic. That's the Sonic I grew up with.

It's not going to be like Sonic 06 just because that was the last time we got an edgy looking villain other then Eggman. Reminder that there was more things then that that muddled that game like trying to put Sonic in a realistic world. Where as Forces will definitely keep him on Mobius what with the whole resistance plot with the Custom Hero as part of the story.

Mobius doesn't exist.

It's not earth either.

As far as Sega is concerned it's "Sonic's world"

Mcmadness said:
Mobius doesn't exist.

It's not earth either.

As far as Sega is concerned it's "Sonic's world"

shrugs

With a lack of a real name might as well use the only occasional name we've ever had. Even if it's not exactly canonical. If they did call it something other then simply Sonic's World I'd quickly change to referring it to that rather then Mobius. But until then I don't see a problem with at least saying Mobius as a placeholder.

Sonic stop

I can only take so much

I think Sonic Forces isn't going to help Sonic's image at all. Especially not Infinite's existence.

But Sonic Mania seems to look pretty good and so if there are more Sonic games in the vein of Sonic Mania, I think people will be fine with that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zA9zwpMj_8A

i'm so ready for this

LeftyGreenMario said:
I think Sonic Forces isn't going to help Sonic's image at all. Especially not Infinite's existence.

But Sonic Mania seems to look pretty good and so if there are more Sonic games in the vein of Sonic Mania, I think people will be fine with that.

Personally, I want them to look forward and keep making 3D Sonic games. Sonic Lost World was very bad, but the 3D sections had some serious potential.

Yeah, I agree that Sonic should still make 3D games. Sonic Mania's no doubt going to be the best received Sonic game since Sonic Adventure 2 (And I mean in terms of when that game was reviewed when it first came out in 2001. I know the re-releases got lower scores) but that shouldn't mean Sonic should be stuck being Classic-style 2D forever.

I have no doubt there's going to be some clamoring for that regardless of how Sonic Forces is received even if it does well, but I don't want Sega to entirely give up on making Sonic games in 3D.

I already know that regardless of what happens Mania will probably be more generally liked then Forces. But I think there should be room for both 2D and 3D Sonic games. They don't have to be one way or the other.

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Sonic Mania is Released!)

I might hold off a bit on a mania to see if SEGA will release a physical copy, but the wait is definitely killing me.

the boss fight in chemical plant zone act 2 is the best fucking thing

Dis gaem is magnificent.

Weasel said:

That zone in General IS the best fucking thing

Weasel said:
finally what little of my Puyo skills come in handy

Thank you based puyo puyo tetris

The boss actually broke for me as I was stuck in the area forever, then it panned to a wall for like 2 minutes before shitting me out by the animal capsule. Was gonna rage if it legit froze on me.

Back