The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Released!)

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Revealed!)

Mewta said:
The power has arrived in a dream team!
DkuQrMTVAAAJ7r0.jpg

Another interesting combination, but it's nonetheless interesting to see Blaze again since she was not featured in Forces (I think she appeared in Speed Battle). I can imagine the Chaotix fans being upset that the team is not complete, but I thought it's OK since at least Vector is here.

That leaves us with Eggman's team, and it would most likely be my predicted combination: Eggman himself, Orbot+Cubot and Metal Sonic.

Thank you for reading.

Monika said:
Maybe they're putting Mighty in Chaotix or something

I was thinking that both Mighty and Ray would be in the game and given a modern appearance thanks to Sonic Mania Plus.

2018-animation-insta.jpg

It seems like a new Sonic animated series is the works, hooray!
Only downside to me is that likely means no season 3 of Boom, alas.

I want the animated series to be like Sonic Mania Adventures, but 10 minutes long.

I want another adaptation of the fan favorite SatAM. The comics focus so much on character development and has deep storylines! And again, I know you’re probably tired of me gushing but...Sonic and Sally!

So according to my calculations, if I don't spend money on anything this week, I'll have a high chance of getting Sonic Mania Plus this weekend.

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Sonic Mania Plus + New Sonic Racing game teased)

Gamefreak75 said:
Well guys, I just bought Shadow the Hedgehog. It was $6 at a swap meet and I couldn't pass it up. It's time to see how deep this shithole goes.

All right, I beat this game a few months back and never got around to giving my impressions. For the record, I did all the main paths to unlock the Last Story and did a few more various missions and paths after that. The game was both better and worse than I expected.

First off, the main story itself is garbage. You have funny stuff like Shadow android or Shadow betraying Sonic at the last second, but then the main story paints Gerald as some hero even though in SA2 he was literally a terrorist.

The gameplay itself is fine and the guns are surprisingly fun to use, but the controls themselves are, in my opinion, the worst part of the game. Shadow controls like he cleaned his shoes with 10 sticks of butter and the homing attack is all kinds of janky. Also all the vehicles are impossible to control.

The music itself is actually surprisingly good. I mean, it's not the best in the series and I won't remember tracks like Central City or Glyphic Canyon, but there are some great tracks there. My top 3 songs would have to be Gun Fortress, Lost Impact, and Final Haunt.

The levels themselves are a mixed bag as well. You have some piss easy ones of getting to the goal and then there's levels of searching for 50+ things to kill or destroy. Also, Lost Impact is not the worst level in the game. People who say that have obviously never touched The Doom or The Ark.

Overall I think the game is fine. I had a lot more fun with than I did with Sonic Lost World.

Okay, no one on this wiki probably plays it anymore but Sonic Forces Speed Battle just did an event to get a Halloween version of Rouge ... and boy, I am starting to see why people resent free to play
See, this used not to be a problem, the game will give you every chance to get the characters in the game at any time, but this is a limited time thing ... and boy does it have unreasonable standards for it
You see, the event only was for this week, presumably to make way for a Halloween version of Shadow that got datamined, but to even get the Halloween version of Rouge, you have to play the game constantly, there is no option to flat out just purchase her, you either have to keep doing events, either wait 7 hours, unlock them with red rings, which you can only get by timed chests, missions or buying them, the points to get her are 300, but the points you actually get after completing a mission is random, i unusually got only 8 points, some missions require you to get chests, but after playing a certain number of matches per day, you stop getting them.

Also, I usually lose my tablet or have something else to do, even if, by some miracle, I could unlock her just by waiting 7 hours, guess what? It's a character that is only here for a limited time that you can only get by chance.

Sorry, but this really annoys me.

I still play this game. When I heard of the update, I thought it would be Mighty and Ray or something. But then I thought it would instead be a spooky character, so I thought it would be Werehog Sonic and Chip from Unleashed. But it turned out to be spooky versions of Rouge and Shadow. I was disappointed. Not just that, but for some reason, after the update, now I can't play the game anymore! I can actually enter the game, but when I start a run, after a couple of seconds, I get sent back to the menu. Maybe Witch Rouge just casted a spell on the game, or because of how much content there is, the game glitches.

Guys, I have a problem.

Last time I played Sonic Mania on my Switch on handheld mode with earphones plugged in, after starting an act and playing for a while, the music cuts! But the sound stays! I don't know if it's a problem with the game or the earphones! My guess is that maybe the music is so HD that the earphones can't handle it. Do you know why this happens?

Meltan said:
Guys, I have a problem.

Last time I played Sonic Mania on my Switch on handheld mode with earphones plugged in, after starting an act and playing for a while, the music cuts! But the sound stays! I don't know if it's a problem with the game or the earphones! My guess is that maybe the music is so HD that the earphones can't handle it. Do you know why this happens?
Easy way to find out why this happens: unplug the earphones and see what happens. If the sound stays, it's your earphones. If the sound still gives you problems, it's something else.

Also, make sure that music is enabled via the in-game options menu.

As usual, IDW delivers the goods.

Spoilers for the new issue:
I really liked what they did with Eggman, other evil guys made him turn back against his will, it's kinda tragic, also, I'm willing to bet this isn't the last we see of Metal Sonic

The tie in for Team Sonic Racing basically confirmed Eggman as playable, his team mates are a mystery though

Also, we got some details on the plot, spoilers below:
Eggman and the tanooki guy are shown at the same place at the same time, guess they're going to have to do "It's actually Eggman" plot twist another way

Remember Sonic Mania Adventures? Well, it's sorta made a return in a holiday special episode!

Amy DLC 2019 confirmed?

Some news regarding the IDW comic
Season 2 will focus on Sonic being infected with a virus that turns him metal unless he runs
Tangle and Whisper are getting their own comic series! Four issues, there hasn't been one for non game characters since the Sally mini-series

When I saw the "Sonic turning into metal" thing, I thought it was concept for Sonic Mania Adventures. That would be really cool!

I found out a new way to listen to Video Game music! I can use the game itself to do so (if it has a sound test). I tested it with Sonic Mania Plus so far, and it was a joy to listen to.

A toy publication has said that a new Sonic Cartoon is in the works, we'll see if it holds any water.
In other toy news, standees of Sonic Advance sprites and toys of Mighty and Ray are being made!

Bruh Big The Cat will definitely be my main.

Glorious Big master race.

3599879_1415729449815.65res_366_300.jpg

If I get this game, the Chao team will be my main

(in fact, that would be an excellent idea for Mario Kart baby characters: have all of them drive in one buggy - though mario kart's kart system isn't like sonic's so it wouldn't work out....)

I am still miffed by the Chao taking Cream's place.
I am surprised they didn't reveal the mobile version of TSR at the panel, I wonder if will be a stinger at the end of Overdrive

I’m still waiting for Cream to be announced as a playable character, but at this point, I don’t even think she’s going to appear in any form in TSR(which would be disappointing, she is my favourite Sonic character)!

Back