The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Released!)

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Sonic Mania Plus + New Sonic Racing game teased)

I hope the story mode is something really stupid.

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Revealed!)

Wonder why Sega decided that having the racing game based entirely on Sonic is the best direction for a racing game, since their previous games attempted to place other SEGA characters to make for a diverse set of characters. Not that I am complaining since Sonic's already taken up the majority of the racing roster, so the next logical step is to make a racing game entirely from the Sonic universe. I also agree that Wisps are a great way to use items, and I like the powers they spout ("Rocket", "Laser", etc.). I think it's another logical way to utilise standard Mario Kart powerups, so for example Laser can act like a Mushroom boost for the cars.

15 characters sounds like a good start. I can see the standard cast showing: Sonic, Tails, Knuckles, Amy, Shadow, Metal Sonic and Eggman. What the rest are is a trickier question since Sonic has a diverse cast of characters but to have 15 altogether is not enough. I am guessing that Blaze, Silver, Rouge, Cream and Vector are the next in line are probably Espio, Big and Sticks.

I wonder if Sonic is taking cues from Mario Kart since there are several thing that Mario Kart is already doing: 12 players per race, taking place first-and-foremost at their home franchise and a more standarised power-up system as a result.

Thank you for reading.

Got IDW Sonic the Hedgehog issue #5 today.

The plot involves The Chaotix receiving a anonymous tip that Eggman was spotted in a village and Espio brings Sonic to it but when they arrive it's revealed that Eggman (supposedly) has some form of amnesia and does not remember who he was. He adopted the identity of a oblivious handyman apply dubbed "Mr. Tinker" and in all honesty it's kind of adorable seeing him being portrayed as a good guy even if it's obvious it won't last long and things will inevitably revert back to the status quo eventually.

Also I love how they gave him overalls.

zq89mng.png

New E3 Trailer.

Crush 40 is doing the main theme for a Sonic game for the first time in nearly a decade! ^^

your favorite sonic characters

i didn't see eggman tho

Looks neat. I like how Sonic activates BOOST POWER.

Getting some strong live and learn vibes from the song, I see what you did there Crush 40.

Looks like they only show Team Sonic (Sonic, Tails and Knuckles) and Team Dark (Shadow, Rouge and Omega), probably because of the Sonic and Shadow relationship, so I am curious on what Team Rose would have since Amy is the only one who appears regularly whereas Big seems to be gone while Cream appears less frequently.

I predict Team Eggman will not only have the doctor himself, but Metal Sonic and Orbot+Cubot (both in the same car).

Thank you for reading.

I might be wrong but I don't think Omega necessarily appears on a more regular basis compared to Cream or Big.

But my Sonic lore is rusty.

Nadeshiko Kagamihara said:
I might be wrong but I don't think Omega necessarily appears on a more regular basis compared to Cream or Big.

But my Sonic lore is rusty.

Yes, Omega doesn't appear quite often, but he is probably seen as more important than Cream. Just so you know, Cream the Rabbit doesn't appear in Sonic Forces, whereas Omega and Rouge did. I guess the darker tone in Forces would be out of place for a cheerful kid like Cream, but Omega is more suited for such a setting. Still, Cream is probably going to appear in Team Sonic Racing since she has occasional appearances.

Big is essentially gone ever since the management decided that Big is not a good idea, so we can see that Team Rose didn't have Big, as it's usually Vector that took that place.

Thank you for reading.

But where is the good doctor?

Cream got screwed over lol.

As disappointed I'm sure any fans of Cream will be, I think it's good the Chao are finally in something again. I hope the momentum starts to build until we get a new game with the return of the Chao Garden. Even if it's a standalone Chao pet simulator game.

is big still voiced by st.john

just hope infinite is here.

Hey maybe Chaos will join! Maybe....

supermariofan said:
Still waiting for Sally to be put in a game.

Archie comics is dead. So I'm afraid that's even more unlikely then it already was

Northern Verve said:
supermariofan said:
Still waiting for Sally to be put in a game.

Archie comics is dead. So I'm afraid that's even more unlikely then it already was
Awwww But Sonic And Sally are my favorite video game couple of all time! She has to be in a Sonic game sooner or later.

supermariofan said:
Awwww But Sonic And Sally are my favorite video game couple of all time! She has to be in a Sonic game sooner or later.

She technically already did as a cameo appearance in Sonic Spinball's special stages, but I do agree.

Eggman will definitely show up, but the real fun and mystery is who he'll be allies with. The most plausible team that Eggman will obviously include the doctor himself, and for his team mates, I can see Metal Sonic being his loyal teammate and Orbot+Cubot will likely be a surprise pick. Given how banter-heavy this game is turning up to be, they will be a natural fit.

I am going to make a wild guess and say that the Babylon Rogues will be a surprise fourth team, because despite their specialty, them starting in a racing game means that they might be a more natural fit (but I can see it might upset Chaotix fans if they do show up instead of them).

Thank you for reading.

I recently finished Sonic Lost World, except for a couple of Time Attack levels (Lava Mountain Zone 2 and Zone 3). In general the Time Attack levels are like hard versions of the normal levels mainly because they put you right back to the beginning if I died.

Given that Sonic Lost World is a controversial game (well, many Sonic games are controversial actually), I am interested in what everyone who played that game think about it. What are your opinions of Sonic Lost World?

Thank you for reading.

Back