The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Released!)

Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Revealed!)

HELL...FUCKING...YESS!!! I grew up with Jim Carrey movies and hearing him announced as the role of Dr. Fucking Eggman!! Dude I want my ticket for this NOW!

I've recently started Sonic Generations on the PC and wanted to use the Super Mario Generations mod, but it seems glitchy since at one point the levels is stuck in "loading" mode. That means I have to revert to the Sonic characters.

Normally I don't use mods, but this mod sound interesting because I cannot find any videos on Youtube that replaces Sonic characters with Mario characters in the Friend Challenge levels, except for Donkey Kong in Rooftop Run. The only videos I can find are the regular levels, character interactions and bosses. I cannot see if, for example, you summon Wario to dig up medals in Sky Sanctuary, race with Wario as Classic Mario in Green Hill Zone or summon Peach to help you jump high in Chemical Plant Zone. Basically I want to see Mario characters play around in the Friend Challenge levels but nobody bothered to record those (except for that one).

Thank you for reading.

So yesterday I came to my neighbor's, and we played Sonic Mania. It was my first time playing the game. Though, we discovered a glitch. If you don't want to find out what it is, I'll put it in a spoiler tag.

So in Competition Mode, go to Studiopolis Zone Act 2. Let one player cross the finish line. Then as player 2, wait until the timer hits zero. Right when the timer runs out, go into one of the bingo machines. Your character will be having his dying pose in the machine, but when you get out of it, you can play normally, but the timer says "0". Though, you can only touch the ground and the walls. Other things don't have a collision. And because of the fact that you have to go through a pipe right after it, you can't progress in the level and your only option is to quit or restart the level.

Ladies and gentlemen, Sonic Mania Adventures has come to a conclusion!

Also, Eggman's eyes.

So I read somewhere that Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii started out as a Wii port for Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. Are there any major similarities between these games, such as a reused engine? Or are they two completely different games? I haven't played either one, so I don't know.

Maybe Sega changed Secret Ring because of the fact that Sonic 2006 was terrible and while it was new, it was the worst Sonic game. Well, that was before Rise of Lyric came out...

Sunshine Yoshi said:
So I read somewhere that Sonic and the Secret Rings for Wii started out as a Wii port for Sonic the Hedgehog 2006. Are there any major similarities between these games, such as a reused engine? Or are they two completely different games? I haven't played either one, so I don't know.

Yeah after Sonic 06 couldn't get running on the Wii they just made a standalone game. Probably a good thing to be honest, Sonic 06 is already terrible as it is. Imagine Sonic 06 added with Motion Controls.

Though Secret Rings isn't exactly a good game either, it's probably my guilty pleasure Sonic game. And just enjoy the story and atmosphere of the game. Motion controls are a pain but I'll take everything else over Sonic 06 for sure.

Miles Tails Prower said:
Maybe Sega changed Secret Ring because of the fact that Sonic 2006 was terrible and while it was new, it was the worst Sonic game. Well, that was before Rise of Lyric came out...

Sonic 06 is still worse then Rise of Lyric. For all intents and purposes, Rise of Lyric is a much shorter game, it has glitches like 06 that are even game breaking at times but otherwise it's a pretty average platformer. Sonic 06 has way more problems up the wazoo. The only thing 06 potentially has over Rise of Lyrics that it's less "boring". But I'd take boring over sheer frustration.

Miles Tails Prower said:
Also, Eggman's eyes.

It bothered me nowadays when fan art depict Eggman's eyes as having black sclera (the outer layer of the eyeball), which was how America's take on Robotnik were depicted, you know the one in Adventures of Sonic, Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM) and Fleetway's Sonic the Comic. White sclera are more natural which is what Eggman should have had all this time.

Thank you for reading.

I prefer the black. Looks cooler.

I have recently found out that the Super Mario Generations mod for Sonic Generations didn't seem to mod out the Sonic characters for Mario characters in the Friend-based Challenges. This is the video I am basing my conclusion from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoKja_PSt3s

There are a few spots with modifications, like Luigi's icon replacing Tails' icon (9:47) and Donkey Kong in Rooftop Run showcase in another video, but unless there had been a future update for the mod, I guess it's not present. Such a pity because seeing the Mario characters substitute for Sonic characters would be hilarious. If anybody could play the Super Mario Generations mod, could you please report?

Thank you for reading.

So, I've been wanting to pick up a copy of Sonic Generations lately. I see that it's available on PS4, XB1, and PC, with a handheld 3DS version as well. I want to play one of the console versions, but I don't have either a PS4 or an XB1. And my PC is hardly gaming quality, even if I had a controller to use on it.

That leaves the 3DS version. I've heard that the 3DS version is very different from the console versions, and is overall inferior. I don't have much of a way to play the console version. So...should I buy the 3DS version? Or find a better computer and start investing in PC gaming? I'm inclined to just buy the 3DS version, but if the difference is that big, then I'm not really playing Sonic Generations, now am I?

Sonic Generations is PS3/360/PC. If that changes nothing then idk I've never played the 3ds version but it's completely different as far as I know, they're effectively two different games with the same name.

The 3DS version is pretty good, it plays a lot like Sonic Rush much like the DS version of Colors did.

Nadeshiko Kagamihara said:
Sonic Generations is PS3/360/PC. If that changes nothing then idk I've never played the 3ds version but it's completely different as far as I know, they're effectively two different games with the same name.
Sorry, I'm not good at keeping track of PlayStation/Xbox numbers. But I really don't have any PlayStation or Xbox.

NanoPhoenix said:
The 3DS version is pretty good, it plays a lot like Sonic Rush much like the DS version of Colors did.
Okay. I read a review of this game on 3DS, and it said that the entire game was 2D, unlike the console version. I guess I'll get the 3DS version for now, and get the PC version once I have a good PC to play it on.

Kirby of the Stars said:
Okay. I read a review of this game on 3DS, and it said that the entire game was 2D, unlike the console version. I guess I'll get the 3DS version for now, and get the PC version once I have a good PC to play it on.

Yup, however there are few short 3D segments in the form of the special stages which play out similarly to Sonic Heroes' special stages.

I'm completely baffled as to why Vector isn't in team Chaotix.

Maybe they're putting Mighty in Chaotix or something

Back