The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Released!)

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

What we need is a Mario & Sonic game that's actually a platformer (where Mario can jump higher while Sonic can run faster or something like that) rather than these lame sports-themed minigame collections.
 

NanoPhoenix

Tiny Immortal Bird
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

Still bummed that Mario didn't make it into the Wii Version of Sonic and SEGA All Stars Racing despite originally planned.
 

Dr. Eggman

I am the enemy, I will succeed
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

If any Nintendo character should make a guest appearance in the Sonic & All-Stars racing games, it should be Captain Falcon as SEGA was heavily involved in the development of GX/AX.

YoshiFlutterJump said:
What we need is a Mario & Sonic game that's actually a platformer (where Mario can jump higher while Sonic can run faster or something like that) rather than these lame sports-themed minigame collections.
How about we just get Mario & Sonic Racing, or even Nintendo X SEGA Racing.
 

Dr. Baby Luigi

Mushroom Kingdom's Most Adorable Doctor
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

they just need to return the transformation feature i really couldn't get enough of it i love racing as a plane and then a kart and then a boat
 

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
If any Nintendo character should make a guest appearance in the Sonic & All-Stars racing games, it should be Captain Falcon as SEGA was heavily involved in the development of GX/AX.

YoshiFlutterJump said:
What we need is a Mario & Sonic game that's actually a platformer (where Mario can jump higher while Sonic can run faster or something like that) rather than these lame sports-themed minigame collections.
How about we just get Mario & Sonic Racing, or even Nintendo X SEGA Racing.
Mario Kart and Sonic Racing are both great games so why not. I always liked the Sonic Racing transformations better than Mario Kart's glider/propeller anyway.
 

Dr. Mario

Mushroom Kingdom's OG Woo Meister
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

Since we're on topic
YoshiFlutterJump said:
LeftyGreenMario said:
Too bad they're not gonna fix the roster of Team Sonic Racing, a far more pressing problem imo.
Vector's playable and that's all that matters imo
But you don't know how fun it is to play as AGES, and one of the vehicles is the Hornet from Daytona USA!

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
How about we just get Mario & Sonic Racing, or even Nintendo X SEGA Racing.
Mario & Sonic Racing transformed would be fucking lit. I get to throw snowballs and blowfish at Eggman! :D
 

Jigglypurin

My cursor has blood on it.
Banned User
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

The problem with the Sonic series is that almost every 3D entry is so radically different that people who grew up with mostly just one will refuse to give the others any form of credit.
It's the exact opposite problem for 2D Mario.
 

ArchagentEverlasting

Your favorite travel guide guy
Poll Committee
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

I've only played a few Sonic games, but the ones I have played I liked a lot. I really love StH, StH2, S&tSR, S&tBK, Sonic Generations and Sonic Mania were all fun. I especially liked S&tBK's story, but not much else about that game. I also played StH4e1, but that sucked. The physics were just awful compared to the regular Sonic flow of things.
 

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

I've played these:

-Sonic 1 (a not-so-great mobile port of a good game)
-Sonic 2 (another not-so-great mobile port of a good game)
-Sonic CD (yet another not-so-great mobile port of a good game)
-Sonic X (an obscure edutainment game that I still have nostalgia for)
-Sonic 4: Episode 1 (I'd say it's pretty underrated, the physics weren't that bad)
-Sonic 4: Episode 2 (better than Episode 1...or it would be if I weren't stuck with that not-so-great mobile port)
-Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (very mediocre game, probably my least favorite non-edutainment/kiddy game of all time)
-Sonic Mania (best in the series I've played, honestly)
-Sonic Forces (it's not that bad, but I can see why it disappointed many)
 

Dr. Mario

Mushroom Kingdom's OG Woo Meister
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

Creature from the Depths of Hell Itself said:
The problem with the Sonic series is that almost every 3D entry is so radically different that people who grew up with mostly just one will refuse to give the others any form of credit.
It's the exact opposite problem for 2D Mario.
Not just radically different, but painfully mediocre at best in the end, and it really shows that developers lack confidence and competence, and I don't know, it just seems like when it's not Sonic Mania or the Twitter handle, Sonic invites incompetence (the movie, the brouhaha surrounding the comics, everything about the anniversary stream) and it always seems hilarious to me.

Sonic Forces was just mostly ho-hum gameplay, and it's so try hard with its new characters, it was a mess. The avatar creation system is the only thing noteworthy from the game. But hey, if you are blessed with the PC version, you can (eventually) play as Mario if you wanna. Mario'll make things less serious as it should've been.

Sonic Lost World didn't seem to wow the fanbase all that much.

BTW I'm playing Sonic Generations right now (as Mario of course), and it seems okay, though I haven't played even one hour yet. I don't like games that grade me.

And I did grab Sonic Mania just so I can use Mario eventually, but haven't booted that one up. We'll see if I dig the gameplay.
 

winstein

Justice is not limited, it is a universal quality
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

The 3D Sonic games that I have played are of the following order: Sonic Heroes, Sonic Lost World and finally Sonic Generations. Based on a recommendation by the FAQs, I picked Team Rose because I have never played either Adventure games, so while many people associated Team Sonic's dialogue with this game, I am more fond of Team Rose's one. Since I never played Sonic's boost games, I didn't have any preconceived notions on the flaws on Sonic Lost World in comparison to what worked, so I felt that it's pretty good if some refinements were made (like assigning walking to the button instead of running).

Thank you for reading.
 

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Retired Wiki Staff
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

There's a single good sonic game outside of the genesis games.
It's sonic mania
everything else
terrible garbage.
 

Doctor Healmore

Shine Sprite
Poll Committee
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

Honoka's #5 Fan said:
There's a single good sonic game outside of the genesis games.
It's sonic mania
everything else
terrible garbage.
No, Sonic Racing Transformed is NOT terrible garbage. Thank you very much.
 

Raven Effect

That's what I call hamburgers
Retired Wiki Staff
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

YoshiFlutterJump said:
Honoka's #5 Fan said:
There's a single good sonic game outside of the genesis games.
It's sonic mania
everything else
terrible garbage.
No, Sonic Racing Transformed is NOT terrible garbage. Thank you very much.
Sorry if it's not Sonic Mania it's hot garbage full of garbage characters.
 

Dr. Mario

Mushroom Kingdom's OG Woo Meister
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

Meh, this guy always talks like this. Pay no attention. Don't waste your time.
 

Camilla

Your kind, considerate, mystic cat girlfriend
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

As someone who wasted time on a toxic Sonic fourm for like 4 years( Dear god), it really does come down that Sega tries so many new things at once that no one can be satisfied all the way, it's a loud group but they aren't the whole package, I met plenty of level headed Sonic fans, at best, the only advise I can give at the end of the day is that if something keeps disappointing you, it's best to leave and stop stressing yourself out and maybe one day you'll find what you're looking for, live life, I guess?

I am easily pleased and I think that is a good trait for me, I enjoyed Heroes and Forces, the war between Unleashed and Colors irritates me because the whole thing is pointless because you are allowed to like something over the other and you don't need to put down another game just to make your point, what are you, Melee players?

I loved the Sonic Boom TV Show and the IDW comics, I think all the Sonic movie really needs is to get rid of the teeth and just admit that you ducked up instead working your animatiors to death

The main thing that disappoints me about TSR, is with the loss of the Sega characters, you could easily made a game with pretty much everyone from the franchise, not just like, 5 teams, give me a playable Vanilla and Tikal

So, yeah, Sonic is fun, fun things are fun, not much to fret over at the end of the day, all I want is to get better, but to say the franchise is at it's low because it's "okay" is outrageous, considering the fanbase is tired of reviewers bringing up 06 like that is the only thing that ever happened, that is the lowest low, the only thing that matched it in recent years is Boom Rise Of Lyric, but that was just a spin off that the other spin offs barely paid any mind to and we did get the show out of it, so it was a decent trade.

I am going to make a bet, if the next game isn't super amazing, people are going to be like "So, Forces wasn't so bad."
 

Banjo

GUH-UH!
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

YoshiFlutterJump said:
I've played these:

-Sonic 1 (a not-so-great mobile port of a good game)
-Sonic 2 (another not-so-great mobile port of a good game)
-Sonic CD (yet another not-so-great mobile port of a good game)
-Sonic X (an obscure edutainment game that I still have nostalgia for)
-Sonic 4: Episode 1 (I'd say it's pretty underrated, the physics weren't that bad)
-Sonic 4: Episode 2 (better than Episode 1...or it would be if I weren't stuck with that not-so-great mobile port)
-Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (very mediocre game, probably my least favorite non-edutainment/kiddy game of all time)
-Sonic Mania (best in the series I've played, honestly)
-Sonic Forces (it's not that bad, but I can see why it disappointed many)
For me, it's the same games, aside from Sonic X, 4 episode 1 and rise of frickin lyric.

However, one game I always wanted to try was Sonic 3 (& Knuckles). For some reason, Sega never bothered making it a mobile port and I've been wanting so ever since I started liking Sonic.
 

ArchagentEverlasting

Your favorite travel guide guy
Poll Committee
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

Toadgamer said:
YoshiFlutterJump said:
I've played these:

-Sonic 1 (a not-so-great mobile port of a good game)
-Sonic 2 (another not-so-great mobile port of a good game)
-Sonic CD (yet another not-so-great mobile port of a good game)
-Sonic X (an obscure edutainment game that I still have nostalgia for)
-Sonic 4: Episode 1 (I'd say it's pretty underrated, the physics weren't that bad)
-Sonic 4: Episode 2 (better than Episode 1...or it would be if I weren't stuck with that not-so-great mobile port)
-Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (very mediocre game, probably my least favorite non-edutainment/kiddy game of all time)
-Sonic Mania (best in the series I've played, honestly)
-Sonic Forces (it's not that bad, but I can see why it disappointed many)
For me, it's the same games, aside from Sonic X, 4 episode 1 and rise of frickin lyric.

However, one game I always wanted to try was Sonic 3 (& Knuckles). For some reason, Sega never bothered making it a mobile port and I've been wanting so ever since I started liking Sonic.
There is a fully functioning mobile port that the guy who made the original mobile ports made, but it's hard to work around the copyrights imposed because Michael Jackson helped create the soundtrack.
 

SiFi

Benjamin Judd
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

Candy Heart said:
I am going to make a bet, if the next game isn't super amazing, people are going to be like "So, Forces wasn't so bad."
If only they were that logical. One surprisingly common complaint I've seen about Shadow the Hedgehog is "it came out close to Sonic 06". Dead serious.

The ideal way to experience Sonic 3 is to get it on Steam and then get this hack from the Workshop. While the "known issues" section indicates there's an even more ideal way, I'm not as sure about the legality.
 

Banjo

GUH-UH!
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

Revenant Archagent said:
Toadgamer said:
YoshiFlutterJump said:
I've played these:

-Sonic 1 (a not-so-great mobile port of a good game)
-Sonic 2 (another not-so-great mobile port of a good game)
-Sonic CD (yet another not-so-great mobile port of a good game)
-Sonic X (an obscure edutainment game that I still have nostalgia for)
-Sonic 4: Episode 1 (I'd say it's pretty underrated, the physics weren't that bad)
-Sonic 4: Episode 2 (better than Episode 1...or it would be if I weren't stuck with that not-so-great mobile port)
-Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric (very mediocre game, probably my least favorite non-edutainment/kiddy game of all time)
-Sonic Mania (best in the series I've played, honestly)
-Sonic Forces (it's not that bad, but I can see why it disappointed many)
For me, it's the same games, aside from Sonic X, 4 episode 1 and rise of frickin lyric.

However, one game I always wanted to try was Sonic 3 (& Knuckles). For some reason, Sega never bothered making it a mobile port and I've been wanting so ever since I started liking Sonic.
There is a fully functioning mobile port that the guy who made the original mobile ports made, but it's hard to work around the copyrights imposed because Michael Jackson helped create the soundtrack.
Holy crap I've always been waiting for the answer to this.

Anyway can you send the download link plz?
 

Dr. Eggman

I am the enemy, I will succeed
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

The port hasn't actually been released due to copyright issues, it's just a proof of concept.
 

Banjo

GUH-UH!
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

Why did we forget to say that the game came out yesterday?
 

SonicMario

Star Spirit
Re: The Sonic General Thread (Team Sonic Racing Comes Out May 21st)

Toadgamer said:
Why did we forget to say that the game came out yesterday?
Changed the title now, but I don't have the game yet myself. I bought it physically and opted for free shipping on Amazon so it won't arrive til' about next week.
 
Top