Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

Here are my guesses for what will be the next big title that was never on Nintendo's previous consoles or is late on Switch that will be on Switch for tomorrow's direct:

Dragon Age Origins
Tomb Raider 2013
Sekiro Shadows Die Twice
Elden Ring
Fallout New Vegas
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Please let us get more than 30 seconds of new Tears of The Kingdom footage I am BEGGING you

We haven't had a proper new mainstream Super Mario game since Odyssey back in 2017. Bowser's Fury is probably the closest to a new game but even that is still an extra part of 3D World.

I hope it's not just an Indie Direct under a thin veil of being a "Nintendo Direct" just to get more views

Some information on the next Booster Course Pass wave would be good to bring up, since there's reason to suggest that Piranha Plant Cove will be in the 4th wave.

It would be incredible if Sakurai announces Fighters Pass 3. If MK8 decided to add more content years after release, I would love if Sakurai jumped on that train.

Just got back from the livestream! I'm excited to play as Mags in the new post-game! Other than that though, there wasn't much, except for Game Boy line getting added to NSO.

Well this Direct had mediocre parts but when it hit it hit pretty hard. I'm happy Magolor gets a whole new mode in KRTDL Deluxe, it's great that my wish for Game Boy Advance games on the Switch was granted, and Metroid Prime coming to the console is great too. It's also good that the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Expansion Pass is adding new characters. There were still sections overloaded with IMO less interesting DLC details but at least some parts of it were great.

If you wanted anything Mario related, well you aren't getting much of that.

I however was overall satisfied.

image.png

((i had like no expectations for the direct (nothing really for even mario beyond there being any mario thing at all so i didnt feel anything about the lack of mario in it its like ok) and theres nothing to appeal to me specifically here (and also tbh ive barely played my switch in a while anyway so it wasnt likely to haev anything) but im glad for metroid fans and ghost trick fans and layton fans and zelfa fans etc))

It was a solid direct. They finally gave a release datae for Pikmin 4. And a Metroid Prime remaster. (Which I though was Prime 4, lol).

I'm amazed they bothered to implement online and local multiplayer for GBA games.

Hate to seem negative here, but it's been way too long since a new Mario game I would buy was announced in a direct and I've honestly had enough of the directs not showing any signs of those.

I hope it's not just an Indie Direct under a thin veil of being a "Nintendo Direct" just to get more views

All directs should be indie directs from then on forward.

This direct is a good direct because it has content I am personally interested in. Whoever says it's bad is wrong.

Y'know, I have to say: this Direct wasn't as bad this time around! A significant improvement over the last one, and we only got one farming game this time! And sure, they might have only announced like one new Mario thing and we still know jackshit about ToTK, but the sheer plethora of incredible third-party announcements more than makes up for it. I've been more interested than ever to check out Master Detective Archives: Rain Code, since it's made by the people behind Danganronpa; I'm absolutely psyched that We ♥ Katamari ReRoll is actually, finally a thing; and the Mega Man Battle Network series getting ported to Switch was a pleasant surprise as well, since I've been meaning to check it out for a while.
That's not to say the Direct wasn't completely barren of great first-party announcements, though: the reveal of an entire side-story featuring Magolor in Kirby's Return to Dreamland Deluxe was a pretty cool one, I'm happy to see Birdo finally make it into a Mario Kart console game after almost 20 years, and they've practically totally sold me on Pikmin 4. Definitely gonna have to play through Pikmin 3 Deluxe before it drops.
I can't tell you how relieved I am to see not just me, but practically the whole internet genuinely satisfied with how a Direct came out for once, because it really did have something for everyone. If, by the time the next Direct releases, they could possibly tweak the formula a bit so there's a more equal balance of first-party and third-party/indie stuff without one outweighing the other, we might have a truly satisfying, hype-worthy winner on our hands. Overall: C+. Can't wait for the next one! 🙌

I'm guessing the Pokémon direct will announce patches to Pokémon 2042 and Pokémon 2077. I would like a new Pokémon Tournament Fighter announced.

Back