Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

Didn't expect to see the world "bastard" in a Nintendo Direct XD

I am very pleased with this direct.

Odd thing it I suck at traditional fighting games but
I understood every SNK reference in that "letter from Rugal Sakurai flittering everywhere" sequence. And they actually had me going for a bit with Geese, since rule of three. Felt a little bad for Nakoruru tho.

Once again, the Direct is great, and somehow I managed to unintentionally predict that there would be a Wii port and a 3DS port (Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and Kirby Clash). Yeah both games had updates but at least it's not a glut of Wii U ports that the first two years got. Speaking of that... I see Tokyo Mirage Sessions got a port, but I am torn on this one because I never got that game but at the same time it's another one of those ports.

Surprised to see that Puyo Puyo 2 is one of the games on the SNES Online, which is great because it's the first SEGA game to get this treatment, and also because more people get to play the most defining Puyo Puyo game without worrying about investing the game. But then it could make the SEGA AGES version of that game not as attractive since it's free Puyo Puyo (but since you can keep it forever it's not entirely outclassed).

Thank you for reading.

somehow I managed to unintentionally predict that there would be a Wii port and a 3DS port (Xenoblade Chronicles 1 and Kirby Clash)
Super Kirby Clash is technically a sequel in terms of gameplay, although the story seems to be more of a reboot in a similar vein to Galaxy 2, seeing as Bandana Waddle Dee once again does not seem to recognize Kirby.

The direct was a little underwhelming overall (not surprising since it focused on 2019 games), but that Smash presentation was... an experience.

Super Kirby Clash is technically a sequel in terms of gameplay, although the story seems to be more of a reboot in a similar vein to Galaxy 2, seeing as Bandana Waddle Dee once again does not seem to recognize Kirby.
I suppose that's true but from the looks of it the game looks very similar (such as the bosses shown) to the original Team Kirby Clash that it looked like a HD rendition of the same game, very likely with more bosses introduced since so I am expecting some Star Allies bosses to show up. Since I finished the original Kirby Clash without buying those apples I didn't feel invested in the original, although I wonder if there are any Beam users with ultimate gear to help me out again.

Speaking of Kirby, I am very surprised that Kirby 3 is the first Kirby platformer for the SNES Online (instead of Super Star), and one that I really like because those Kirby games are very underappreciated. Of course there's Kirby's Dream Course as well which I thought was also an underappreciate game, albeit one that benefits greatly from save states/restore points. I imagine that Kirby's Avalanche might not even make an appearance because it feels like that game is destined to be forgotten.

Thank you for reading.

Speaking of Kirby, I am very surprised that Kirby 3 is the first Kirby platformer for the SNES Online (instead of Super Star), and one that I really like because those Kirby games are very underappreciated. Of course there's Kirby's Dream Course as well which I thought was also an underappreciate game, albeit one that benefits greatly from save states/restore points. I imagine that Kirby's Avalanche might not even make an appearance because it feels like that game is destined to be forgotten.
That surprised me too, since Super Star is the more popular and well-known game and was released a year before Kirby 3. Still, I can understand why they chose to release Kirby 3 first, as the gameplay is much more simplistic and releasing it first will probably help the game become more well-known (and hence, allow for more references to be made to it). Even though I prefer Super Star, Kirby 3 is great as well and I'm looking forward to playing it on a portable system (as the game skipped 3DS VC entirely). Super Star will almost certainly be added later down the line.

Dream Course looks pretty fun too, haven't played that game before but I've heard great things about it.

Avalanche...yeah, I don't see that hitting SNES Online, especially because Super Puyo Puyo 2 is already part of it. Shame that game has to be forgotten--it even skipped Wii U VC, 3DS VC, and SNES Classic--but I suppose it's due to copyright issues or something.

Lastly, I'll give Super Star Stacker a giant maybe. I mean, it's probably the best way to officially introduce it to the West after all these years (especially since Kirby 3 is a launch title and Super Star Stacker has a lot of references to it). On the other hand, barring Lost Levels and VS. Excitebike, Japan-only games seem to have been staying in Japan, so that vastly reduces the chances of Super Star Stacker coming to the West. A bit of a shame, really.

We have a few announcements from the Japan Direct
Moon: The Anti RPG, which is getting localized
Dragon Quest 1-3
Gotta Protectors sequel
Knives Out
A new game from Momotaro Dentensu
Remakes of the Famicom Tantei Club series

Last edited:
direct was decent, I guess Xenoblade 1 remake is cool, same for AC new horizons.

and sans

it's the only dlc mii outfit I bought

Everyone's making jokes about Sans being in, but I think it's great how far Toby Fox has come. He managed to get a character he created into Smash in the form of a Mii, arrange a song from one of his games for Smash, meet Sakurai, and is composing the music for Little Town Hero by Game Freak.

it's also amazing how a song from some earthbound hack became so popular that it's I smash now. Toby at out as just a regular hacker kind of guy, now he's a famous video game developer who collaborates with Nintendo sometimes. This is honestly kinda tear-jerking, as he must be feeling really happy about all the good stuff happening to him. That would be like if Kaze Emanuar made a Mario game with Miyamoto.

terry's reveal was pretty cool, i've really only known about him because i had spent some time in mugen, but i'm still hoping that maybe we can get...idk some form of metal slug representation in smash ultimate? even as a spirit? please?

well those are the metal slug games i refuse to play and will rightfully ignore

You get that this isn't the kind of threat to joke around in like that right?

I don't want to sound rude here but I'm pretty sure the thread title specifically says not to post anything here unless a direct is announced.

Thanks.

You get that this isn't the kind of threat to joke around in like that right?

I don't want to sound rude here but I'm pretty sure the thread title specifically says not to post anything here unless a direct is announced.

Thanks.
I'm sorry. No joking around got it. And no you didn't sound rude.

To be fair, shouldn't the mods just lock the thread when necessary? Or better yet, not have the thread at all and just make an official thread for individual directs? It's not like they're frequent enough that it would flood the board. This board seems to have a weird fetish for keeping years-old threads, which reading through would be infeasible, alive.

Back