Nintendo Direct Thread (Do NOT post here unless one is announced)

I wanted to see it, but I heard of a rumour of another port so I will skip it and wait for the news. I hope there's none.

Thank you for reading.

Not judging, but an announcement of a port is gonna prevent you from seeing it?

On another note, now, personally, this was not a surprise. According to how frequent directs happen, you could tell that one was happening on September.

its smack in the middle of my workshift so i'll just skim through it when i get home. not gonna watch the whole direct unless theres actually a bunch of interesting stuff which i kinda doubt'll be the case

All I hope for is Metroid Prime Trilogy HD, Bayonetta 3, Super Mario 3D World Deluxe port, Pikmin 3, Pikmin 4, and SNES online.

I'd say don't assume tons of new game announcements, cause they're focusing on 2019 games, and there's not much left in 2019 to begin with. Though I can't really think of any December games that've been announced, so maybe there'll be some ports announced for then.
Me personally I'm just hoping for SMM2 DLC and SNES games for NSO; maybe other consoles/handhelds but considering the past year I doubt it (but I did have the thought of maybe add one SNES, Game Boy/Color, and GBA game per month instead of 2 or 3 from one console per month).

The sole focus on 2019 rules out a lot of new game announcements, but new info on Luigi's Mansion 3 sounds pretty exciting.

Also I fully expect SNES Online this Direct because it's been almost one full year since NES Online was released and it seems to be a rather convenient time to announce it. We know it's coming, Nintendo. Let it come.

Not judging, but an announcement of a port is gonna prevent you from seeing it?

On another note, now, personally, this was not a surprise. According to how frequent directs happen, you could tell that one was happening on September.
Some directs were ruined for me personally because a game I got has got ports, such as Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (although the Donkey Kong DLC for Mario + Rabbids is a great announcement). I know, I know: more people get to play the games, but I feel that there are way too many Wii U ports over a short period of time and I think that if they want to port a game, go with a Wii/3DS game or earlier this time.

Thank you for reading.

My predictions
.New Mario spin-off
.Second stage starters
.More than one new ip
.A teaser of an ARMS sequel with Min-Min as the star
.First Bayo 3 news
.News related to Pikmin and Metriod
.Banjo to be downloadable after the stream

The fact that it's 40 minutes long this late in the year makes me highly doubt that it will really only focus on 2019 games.

Some directs were ruined for me personally because a game I got has got ports, such as Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (although the Donkey Kong DLC for Mario + Rabbids is a great announcement). I know, I know: more people get to play the games, but I feel that there are way too many Wii U ports over a short period of time and I think that if they want to port a game, go with a Wii/3DS game or earlier this time.

Thank you for reading.
There's far more to a direct then just an announcement for a port. There's tons of games to be announced, info for already announced games, and DLC for already released games in these directs, and you really shouldn't let the 5 seconds of the 40 minute presentation where they announce a port ruin the whole thing for you.

I hold the opinion that Seven Stars is the only Mario RPG in desperate need of a remake and all the others are mostly fine as-is.

Wouldn't be opposed to a TTYD or PiT remake but I'd honestly rather have a new game entirely.

I could see a Paper Mario or M&L game being their big December title. Whether that comes as port or a new game I'll be down (albeit less so if it's another M&L port, even if it is on Switch).

Don't get ahead of yourself, nothing is exactly confirmed unless explicitly confirmed by official sources.

Still gonna be a wild ride.

I hold the opinion that Seven Stars is the only Mario RPG in desperate need of a remake and all the others are mostly fine as-is.

Wouldn't be opposed to a TTYD or PiT remake but I'd honestly rather have a new game entirely.
imo ttyd doesnt really need a remake per say because yeah it basically looks fine as is/aged fairly well but it really does need some sort of a vc port/rerelease because holy shit its impossible to get a hold of gamecube games now without paying goddamn 100+ dollars for them or emulating because nintendo is refusing to make them easily accessible in any offical capacity for......some reason while simantaneously making some n64 games and basically all of the major nes/snes games really easy to get a hold of

Well good news that I rescheduled the class that would've made me miss the Direct so I can watch it live!

(Wednesdays and Mondays are my busiest days anyway so it was a good idea to move that to a less busy day)

OK. I'm in CT, so I have to remember where between mine is positioned whenever this sort of thing happens. I tend to forget that there's only 4 time zones for the continental US and not 5, especially when I'm tired enough that I don't bother to subtract the parameters for the event in question (when more than one is even provided at all).

Back