Favorite couple

Who is your favorite Mario couple?

• MarioXPeach

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • LuigiXDaisy

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters
I don't blame you.

Ladies and guys keep calling me by my sister's name all the time.

Luigi & Daisy, Yoshi & Birdo, and Koops & Koopie Koo are the three couples that make me squee the most.

I feel like Rosalina is better off as a single mother.

As for Peach and Mario, I can't help but feel like any romance we might see might actually just be puppy love. Don't get me wrong, they're still great friends, but the it's entirely possible that they've gotten caught up in the whole damsel and hero dynamic.

Peach and Bowser is a definite no. Between the kidnappings and the way Bowser terrorizes her subjects, I don't think Peach would be willing to have a romantic relationship with Bowser. We can still have the Koopa King pine for her, though. It makes for some very comedic moments, like this one conversation between 2 Hammer Bros. in the first TTYD interlude.

Pauline I think is more of an amicable ex. While we never got any official word about a breakup between her and Mario, I get the feeling that they don't really see each other often enough anymore to be in an actual relationship.

I think of Toad and Toadette as siblings. And I think of Boom Boom and Pom Pom as platonic life partners. Kammy Koopa and Kamek have either the former relationship or the latter (I can never settle), either way the two would have been co-guardians of Bowser in his childhood.

Wario and Waluigi I just don't see any of the cast getting along with. Wario is... you know, disgusting. And Waluigi just screams "cassanova wannabe" to me, especially in his Mario Party 8 victory animation.

As for Mario himself? I honestly just can't get comfortable with any ship involving him. He's too much of an all-loving hero.

Magikrazy said:
Yoshi the SSM said:
Bowser's love is Peach, although, they would need to the same species to really be accepted as a couple for me.
Yoshi the SSM said:
As for Mario's love, Wendy would be nice
PO%2BLOGO.jpg

It is actually very possible that Wendy can become human and fall in love with Mario. If you don't believe me, that a look at this picture. File:KootiePieKoopa-Human.jpg.

But... that's the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. HOW CAN YOU TRUST THE SUPER MARIO BROS. SUPER SHOW???

Luigi 64DD said:
But... that's the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. HOW CAN YOU TRUST THE SUPER MARIO BROS. SUPER SHOW???
Nah, it's not the show's problem.

It's the Mario RPG's weird desire to have any female whatsoever be infatuated with Mario.

Wow, I'm glad I didn't wait until tomorrow morning to check this thread. I'd have one hell of a time explaining that.

Luigi 64DD said:

I haven't really seen the show, but it is official as any video game, especially those with Mario, but not made by Nintendo, but not those of fans that Nintendo didn't authorize like Super Mario Bros. X or any level in Super Mario Maker that Nintendo didn't make. (BTW, the Wiki makes has this in its writing guidelines.) For me, Super Show has ideas that Nintendo could use, but it is not solid proof of those events actually happening. And that image, it is just an example of Wendy turning human.

I also, believe that the wedding of Mario and Wendy will not happen until the war of Toads + Humans vs. Koopas is ended, which the marriage of Peach and Bowser would be key to the peace.

Yoshi the SSM said:
I also, believe that the wedding of Mario and Wendy will not happen until the war of Toads + Humans vs. Koopas is ended, which the marriage of Peach and Bowser would be key to the peace.
Ok but what about
Salazzle said:
Ummmmm I don't think transforming alleviates the conditions.

Plus she still has a tail.

Salazzle said:
Yoshi the SSM said:
Ok but what about
Salazzle said:
Ummmmm I don't think transforming alleviates the conditions.

Plus she still has a tail.

I believe that Wendy, the other Koopalings, Bowser, Kamek, and some other Koopas were born human but were transformed into Koopas. Note that Bowser was transformed after he was born. Bowser Jr (even if he was cloned (see Luigi 64DD's userpage)) and the majority of Koopas were born Koopas.

As for the second part: Wendy doesn't have to have a tail. Larry missed removing the tail on accident. This goes even if I am wrong about Wendy being human before Koopa.

Yoshi the SSM said:
I believe that Wendy, the other Koopalings, Bowser, Kamek, and some other Koopas were born human but were transformed into Koopas. Note that Bowser was transformed after he was born. Bowser Jr (even if he was cloned (see Luigi 64DD's userpage)) and the majority of Koopas were born Koopas.
...what? Where is that mentioned anywhere?

Salazzle said:
Yoshi the SSM said:

In my head. I call it the Koopa Curse. I didn't post the curse above due to bad internet of some kind. Although this curse does benefit the one who is cursed, the downside of this curse is that when the one with the curse has a Game Over, they become Boos.

Yoshi the SSM said:
Salazzle said:
Yoshi the SSM said:

In my head. I call it the Koopa Curse. I didn't post the curse above due to bad internet of some kind. Although this curse does benefit the one who is cursed, the downside of this curse is that when the one with the curse has a Game Over, they become Boos.
Oh ok.

I have no words. I rest my case.

the marriage of Peach and Bowser would be key to the peace.
except that Peach and Bowser marrying nearly brought forth the apocalypse. Plus, in that instance Peach had to essentially be mind controlled into doing it, as she would never marry Bowser on her own accord.
Yoshi the SSM said:
I believe that Wendy, the other Koopalings, Bowser, Kamek, and some other Koopas were born human but were transformed into Koopas.
Asking just out of curiosity here, but who do you think transformed them into Koopas?

Magikrazy said:
the marriage of Peach and Bowser would be key to the peace.
except that Peach and Bowser marrying nearly brought forth the apocalypse. Plus, in that instance Peach had to essentially be mind controlled into doing it, as she would never marry Bowser on her own accord.
Yoshi the SSM said:
I believe that Wendy, the other Koopalings, Bowser, Kamek, and some other Koopas were born human but were transformed into Koopas.
Asking just out of curiosity here, but who do you think transformed them into Koopas?

For the first part: obcourse it brought forth the Chaos Heart. Chaos is near similarity of confusion. Which means that they can never marry each other if they are of different species. As for the fact that she will marry Bowser on her own accord, if she sees the good side of Bowser, she will more likely marry him than knowing just the bad side.

For the second part: a form of Dark Magic, which Bowser is full of. Now I could disgust everything I know, but that would be going off topic.

--------------------------------------(This is a new subject)----------------------------------
As for Pauline, the only options that Nintendo has set forth are Mario and Donkey Kong. Which, unless Mario and Pauline are like cousins, Mario can marry her if the relationship between him and Wendy doesn't work out. But if it does work out or Mario and Pauline are cousins, (I am being realistic but not of Evolution) Donkey Kong won't be suitable for Pauline either as they are different species. So that makes Pauline have no known husband to have (Waluigi and Pauline is a boat I will never sail on).

Yoshi the SSM said:
Donkey Kong won't be suitable for Pauline either as they are different species.
But why not?

AFAIK, unlike in our world, Mario's world is made of various species who CAN communicate romantic consent.

Also, why the hell would Mario ever want Wendy? That's sickening because Wendy is a loud, screaming, spoiled kid who probably delights in seeing Toads and Princess Peach suffering at her hands while Mario is a brave, kind-hearted, hard-working person. Mario would probably be nice to her, but there's no reason for him to fall in love. Wendy might see a thing in Mario, but I can't imagine Mario ever returning it.

tl;dr: I hate shipping.

Salazzle said:
Yoshi the SSM said:
Bowser Jr. being cloned is on Ultimate Mr. L's userpage, not mine. YSSM got confused between us, I think.

Luigi 64DD said:
Salazzle said:
Yoshi the SSM said:
Bowser Jr. being cloned is on Ultimate Mr. L's userpage, not mine. YSSM got confused between us, I think.

Oh, that's right. I can get confused sometimes. I can mistake people for other people until my view changes. My brain tries to take shortcuts, and it doesn't always work.

I don't even know if I shared my "ships", but my favorite Mario couples are Mario X Peach and Luigi X Peasley.

For the life of me, I'll never understand why people ship Peach X Bowser. They either seem to agree with Matpat's "Mario Is Mental" Theory or they're romanticizing the ideas of kidnapping, abuse, and Stockholm Syndrome.

For me, my favorite and Least favorite Mario/Wario ships are.

Favorites

• Mario x Peach - Come on, it's a classic. They're practically the video game equivalent to Mickey and Minnie. The fact they are both willing to go thick and thin for each other is quite impressive. (Mario in every Super Mario game, and Peach has a few times as well, like in Super Mario Adventures amd Super Princess Peach.)

• Luigi x Daisy - I hate the fandom, but I love the dynamic these two have. One's extroverted and tomboyish hothead, and the other one is introverted and kind, If slightly cowardly a little bit. These two just have a good dynamic. (I actually like these two more then Mario x Peach.) But as I said before, I hate the fandom that grew with it. (The Daisy vs Rosalina war is f**king stupid.)

• Wario x Mona - Now personally I don't ship Wario with anyone. But if I had to give him a love interest? Mona would be my personal choice. For some reason, A spunky, adventurous and occasionally odd tomboy, just ends up going ridiculously well with the egotistical and greedy Wario, I don't know if they have similar interests. (Mona does go on adventures with Wario after all.) or just they're personalities go well together, but for some odd reason, it just works. (Though like Luigi x Daisy, I don't like it's fandom either. Because they tend to ooc Wario and Mona.)

• Ashley x Penny - Okay crack time, yes this is a couple I ship. And I don't know why personally. They are just so different from each other both in personality and interests (One's a outgoing and sweet scientist, and the other is a very aloof and somewhat brash witch.) But yet I still ship them anyway. (It's Probably because they just look cute together,) This is generally a unpopular ship, and I can see why, (Lack of interactions+the massive personality clash.) But I like it, so I'll stick to it.

And now my least favorites (Warning! Opinion.)

• Rosalina x Anyone. - Let's be honest here, she is practically impossible to ship with. She is a implied goddess from space who is guardian of the lumas. That and she is implied to be older then anyone on Mario's World. (Probably into the thousands.) But despite this, people still like to ship her with Luigi, Mario, Peach, Daisy and even Waluigi, but the most notable of these ships is Rosalina x Bowser. Yep despite the fact that he stole her power stars making her unable to go anywhere in Galaxy 1. and has no qualms about fighting her in 3D world. (If you play the bowser levels with her anyway.) And his crush on Peach, People still like to ship these two together. (*Sigh* If you ship this couple, that's cool but damn, you are weird sometimes.)

• Waluigi x Anyone - Seriously I just don't see him having a girlfriend or boyfriend. I think he'll be too concerned about how to finally beat Luigi rather then settling down with a man or woman.

• Yoshi x Birdo - Where the hell did this couple come from? Seriously why is Nintendo so persistent on shipping them? They have no chemistry, no dynamic, just nothing. (And this is coming from the same person that ships Ashley x Penny.) I can imagine a couple like this working, but until Nintendo gives me a good reason to ship them like chemistry and such, i'm staying neutral on this ship.
Well this was extremely hypocritical since I ship Ashley and Penny which have no chemistry whatsoever compared to Yoshi and Birdo, I guess I can't imagine Yoshi in a relationship back then, heh heh heh, but anyways, my feelings on this ship have changed significantly since I originally posted this, I like them and I wish we can see more of it.

• Bowser x Peach - People here have already argued about this ship just recently, and had presumably argued about it many times in the past, so I'm just going to say I don't like it and leave it at that.

• Toad x Toadette - They're implied to be brother and sister, so it's obvious. Though whatever they're siblings or BoyfriendxGirlfriend is mostly on the ambiguous side, (Like every other Mario/Wario related thing out there.) So I just assume they are. (Especially since Captain Toad seems to had take Toad's place on the romantic side of things. Though that is also ambiguous.)

So that's all of my shippings. (There's more then theese but those are just my basic shippings.) If you like or hate these pairs. That's cool, opinions are opinions after all.

Yoshi and Birdo are both dinosaur things with gender assignments people seem to get confused about. So there's that.

Back