• MarioXPeach

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • LuigiXDaisy

Votes: 14 50.0%

• Total voters
Aqua said:
tardograd2 said:
2257 said:
if bowser's brother is smarter and a good person, why is he one of bowser's subordinates?
for unknown reasons

why are you linking luigi's wiki page
are you saying that luigi is actually bowser's brother and not marios

I think he's trying to make a comparison between Luigi and Bowser's hypothetical brother, in that just like Luigi is submissive to Mario, the brother would be submissive to Bowser. At least that's how I understand it.

I've been prodded and coerced under threat of harm into checking this thread out, but honestly, I don't know if I can actually add anything. It's just a theory.

Considering Bowser's motivations, I would say he falls into chaotic neutral territory (I know he self-identifies as evil, but that seems to be just an image he wants to project. He doesn't really revel in destruction and pain). He does the things he does because he can. Because it's something he wants to do at that moment.

Like, I imagine sometimes he just has a slow evening, nothing's on TV, he's bored out of his mind, let's go kidnap Peach again, why not. It's been two days since the last time, that's long enough, right? Or he saw a commercial about cake, it looked good, he never really tried it, let's "ask" Peach to make a cake for him. He just does things because they're fun.

As for whether he cares for his son: I believe yes, he does. He doesn't really pass for an average dad, but he cares in his own weird way. He includes his son in his schemes, he gives him toys and various means of entertainment (most of which you'll have to fight), and he even lets him have a crack at fighting his arch nemesis. I'd imagine this to be the Bowser equivalent of a father playing football with his son. Family bonding over beating up Mario.

Plus, he's a king. He has subjects. If he needed a mother-figure for his son, he could easily hire a nanny. A role which, as was pointed out earlier, is already filled perfectly by Kamek.

And regarding the Bowser's brother thing: He could have one? There's no evidence that he has one, but the absence of evidence isn't confirmation? Though if he has one, they probably either aren't aware of each other, or they don't talk much.

Ok, I did it. Now please release the hostage.

Mr. Edo said:
I know he self-identifies as evil, but that seems to be just an image he wants to project. He doesn't really revel in destruction and pain

Seems quite the opposite if you ask me.

Mr. Edo said:
I think he's trying to make a comparison between Luigi and Bowser's hypothetical brother, in that just like Luigi is submissive to Mario, the brother would be submissive to Bowser. At least that's how I understand it.
finally

Mr. Edo said:

I mean he certainly seems to be having a fun time when he's causing problems and he was quite happy when he wrecked toad town in the opening of galaxy.

Yeah, but I'd imagine he's more into the spectacle, the explosions, the grandeur of his entrance more than anything. He seems to me like a very showy character who wants to project an image of power, and to be all in all just a really impressive and cool king of evil. I don't think he's an outright sadist who revels in pain for the sake of pain.

And to be honest, who wouldn't want to blow up Toad Town at least once? Sound like an absolute hoot. Toads panic at everything, they'd have a collective heart attack if you walked the plaza while wearing a funny hat. If they're going to scream their heads off anyways, it might as well be at something that's fun to watch, like an explosion.

J-Yoshi64 said:
I like Rosalina being single because she's ageless, so she would outlive any character anyone might try to ship with her.
really though, if you throw anyone onto the observatory and they fly through space together, since they're fast in space, they both would pretty much outlive anyone else, and not just only rosalina

Mr. Edo said:
Yeah, but I'd imagine he's more into the spectacle, the explosions, the grandeur of his entrance more than anything. He seems to me like a very showy character who wants to project an image of power, and to be all in all just a really impressive and cool king of evil. I don't think he's an outright sadist who revels in pain for the sake of pain.

And to be honest, who wouldn't want to blow up Toad Town at least once? Sound like an absolute hoot. Toads panic at everything, they'd have a collective heart attack if you walked the plaza while wearing a funny hat. If they're going to scream their heads off anyways, it might as well be at something that's fun to watch, like an explosion.

I think he legitimately enjoys causing pain and misery but since it's a cartoonish series it's mainly represented in a cartoonish way.
Which is fitting, I don't need any of that grimdark crap in this series.

The thing is: Neither of us is right and what we are doing is merely sharing our individual impressions of the character, which are equally legitimate.

Mario characters are deliberately written loosely and vaguely so you can project whatever the hell you want onto them, and more importantly so that the game developers can project whatever the hell they want onto them without being bogged down by a suffocating amount of pre-established canon. Any attempt to seek a definite, uncompromising, one-true characterization is doomed to fail. Bowser's character is whatever works well for the next game.

Well shit, why don't we have an article on that? Mullet Bowser needs to be documented at once!

Mr. Edo said:
The thing is: Neither of us is right and what we are doing is merely sharing our individual impressions of the character, which are equally legitimate.

Mario characters are deliberately written loosely and vaguely so you can project whatever the hell you want onto them, and more importantly so that the game developers can project whatever the hell they want onto them without being bogged down by a suffocating amount of pre-established canon. Any attempt to seek a definite, uncompromising, one-true characterization is doomed to fail. Bowser's character is whatever works well for the next game.

To an extent sure but some aspects seem pretty set in stone. He always wants the same thing, to take over the mushroom kingdom/world/universe and kidnap peach and he almost always goes the brute force method and there is usually a bit of collateral damage in the process.

You may say he's just putting on airs for how evil he is but the lengths to which he goes to do it are so over the top that it goes beyond just being for show. Especially when he is legitimately hurting people in the process, which is often.

Never argue with me about Bowser.

It never ends well. For anyone, myself included.

But on a completely different note the idea that he has or had a brother at one point is extremely amusing.

Edit: Wait a minute, hold the phone. If Bowser has a brother then maybe all the times Dry Bowser appeared as a separate character it was actually.........OH MY GOD

Mcmadness said:
Edit: Wait a minute, hold the phone. If Bowser has a brother then maybe all the times Dry Bowser appeared as a separate character it was actually.........OH MY GOD

new headcanon

Mr. Edo said:
As funny as it sounds in a cartoon, I think in real life, it would break my heart. So maybe Bowser has heartless streak within the scope of the games at least concerning Toads and his own minions.

I know it's a cartoon, but I do think Bowser likes to see pain and misery on the things he dislikes. It's just his personality quirk further backed up by what he does in Mario Party. Bowser doesn't seem to be totally merciless, though, since he gives free coins to those that are completely broke, though it doesn't apply in every scenario.

LeftyGreenMario said:
I know it's a cartoon, but I do think Bowser likes to see pain and misery on the things he dislikes. It's just his personality quirk further backed up by what he does in Mario Party.

And what he does in pretty much every game he's in. He's also not above trying to destroy people but only if his suits his needs or that they get in his way, otherwise he almost always goes for imprisonment. Turning toads to stone, trapping yoshis in eggs, locking the denizens of peach's castle inside the walls or trapping various toad town residents inside crystals during galaxy just to name a few.

I am not clicking on that.

here is the art
bowser_s_brother_with_rosalina_by_kinkorhyncha-dazyvqz.png

Back