Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

Yes, I did. And I only saw it because you replied to that post.
I saw an opportunity and I took it.

It's the best spot for it. The Yoshi is intended to hang on to various objects like the edge of th computer screen, and it's put on a less visible, but still accessible spot. I think, however, the worst thing about it is the lack of a paint job on its shoes, but again, it's a cheap McDonald's toy.

It's great that the ones being deformed are Wario and Waluigi.

Star-Lord said:
*pic of Wallce over Luigi*

Ugly Smash Mod

eh it's a pretty decent-looking model import

Saltman said:
tumblr_obnikfAy9q1rrftcdo1_540.gifv

WHAT IS INSIDE THOSE BABIES
other babies. you see, baby mario and baby luigi reproduce via spores, and said spores are currently growing inside their legs. baby mario's spores had degenerative genes though, and thats how the abomination known as baby wario was spawned. thus leaving a legacy of fungal mario babies, each with seperate, although similar genes.

besides, how else could you explain them being babies in every game they appear in? i dont assume all mario karts take place in one year. its a conspiracy i tell you.

henceforth hes kind of a cannibal for eating mushrooms. its like if we ate ape. its not DIRECTLY cannibalism, but theyre so closely related that it would feel inhuman to do so.

Saltman said:
WHAT IS INSIDE THOSE BABIES
I'm happy to say my sister and I are probably the first to discover and document this thing. What I'm not happy to say is that this horror is in the same family as the infamous Daisy third eye, owing to faulty UV coordinates, but not as well known despite being arguably more horrifying as Baby Mario officially has three mouths, four eyes, four ears, and who knows what else

This is also present in Mario Kart Wii, showing that Mario Party isn't the only series blatantly reusing assets.

Since you know about modeling, can you please tell me why would anyone need to put textures inside someone's legs?

It's an error of UV coordinates. They managed to create UV shell by cutting off the top of the mesh of Baby Mario's leg (which is cylinder shaped) but forgot to scale it down to fit the skin area, so the UV shell covers the entire texture.

Here's the texture sheet. The red highlighted area (which are actually two shells as they overlap each other, but overlapping is fine since it's not like Double Dash textures are amazing and you can get away with both legs having the same colors) would be the faces of the top of Baby Mario's legs; you can see the shape of the top of the legs correspond to the top of the legs in the gif. It's not supposed to be like this, it should be scaled down and moved to fit on the squarish skin area under Baby Mario's mouth.
MKDDglitch_-BabyMarioUVMap.png

Baby Luigi's texture is scaled and placed properly for reference.

MKDDglitch_-BabyLuigiUVMap.png

Oh btw the UV shell shaped like a foot is also bad. There is a point on that shell, colored green, that stretches really bad and UV shells are supposed to look nicer. The reason you don't see an ugly texture is that the region the foot shell covers is still solid blue, so the gcn quality texture is a saving grace here

it's weird that just baby mario has this problem and especially weird that their models are just edits of each other (considering their UVs are almost identical to another)

Welcome back to Boundary Break, a video series where we break the code of a video game and basically take the camera anywhere we want!

Back