Look at it! Look at it! LOOK AT IT!

You know, I am of little enough interest in the sports spinoffs I hadn't actually seen before that this game uses "flash card" cutscenes like a mid-generation Sonic handheld.

Thats pretty typical for em really.

Mcmadness said:

You know, for most of the game it looks fine but in this one cutscene at the beginning of this video Bowser's fingers just look.....off.

The whole game is graphically unpolished tbh. Many models look straight out of a Wii game, just with more realistic textures.

Super Radio said:
The whole game is graphically unpolished tbh. Many models look straight out of a Wii game, just with more realistic textures.
which ones

Ha, it looks better than the original already.

Princess Mario said:
Super Radio said:
which ones

maxresdefault.jpg

Screen_Shot_2018_08_22_at_3.37.12_PM.0.png

here's a few. they have these close-ups that awkwardly emphasise rather unimpressing model-work. they wouldn't look as bad from afar, but that's mostly achieved by good lighting and, as i said, textures.

or, in other words, i just feel something is eeh about them... as far as i remember, i didn't have the same issue with up-close mario kart 8 models

Mario Kart 8 models are actually even worse than the Mario Tennis Aces models. Many components of the model are actually baked onto the model rather than being actually modeled on, case in point are Mario's mouth, Baby Luigi's overall straps, Toad's eyes, etc. It's actually a huge pain in the ass to work with the game's model limitations, with poly counts not even exceeding 5,000 while textures are only 512x512 in resolution afaik.

Donkey Kong looks much better in this game than he does in Wii and I actually don't see much issue with that model, it's better than any Wii model I know. However Diddy Kong looks like he's got a very...bad rig in that pose. You can even see the imperfections of his rig on his thighs and his shoulders.

I think you're getting the bad impressions from the rendering environment, in which is why Mario Kart 8 is more easily able to hide its imperfections and their extremely low poly models than Mario Tennis Aces.

I'd make that face too after seeing Peachette fan art.

I really don't wanna know what Mario went through just to get a Birdie. Play it safe, peops.

Birdie Mario looks like me when I attempt to get up any earlier than 8am on most mornings.

Also, who wouldn't draw themselves as an anime pretty boy? I know I would.

I think Diddy's my absolute favorite

Even when drawn wrong, Link (BotW version) remains the badass he is.

Isabelle tho.

27078.png

I know we were just talking about how low-poly models aren't supposed to look good, but this poor Goomba appears to have been possessed by Dark Matter and turned into a Goomba Doo.

Back