Mario pictures

PM_Ruff_Puff_idle.gif

Princess Beach... where life is a beech... if you're a Pianta at Peach Beach that is.

8d74454be18cc58c74563885780d68905d37695b.gifv
379ba7100e82fe49700fad5ae01b94474deb5ea5.gifv
b2d0600a9696d1187d1e6ba1558a4071a9a87f83.gifv

playable dry bones
why was this unused

Those guys look like floating pieces of popcorn.

87a93ebdb2c762aa084c478a9b47b5f2d621054a.jpg

See I was impressed by Double Dash's visuals but that opinion changed. I also believed in engine rendering can't match game art even but here we are with Luigi's Mansion 3 Mario and Luigi looking better than Double Dash Mario and Luigu renders. I remember being impressed with Mario Kart 8's visuals, which still look nice but it definitely has aged a lot and looks like a decade old despite not being a decade old.
To be fully fair though, I still think those two Mario Karts are the best looking, considering when they came out. It's the artstyle that wins in them: Double Dash has that "everything has eyes" style and a very consistent style also thanks to its courses being connected, in that you can see other courses in some of them, while Mario Kart 8 has a lot of care for the small details and the settings, like the marvelous panorama below N64 Rainbow Road. And both have very good choices in colors, all things considered.

It's the 3D models and, in the case of MK8, the texture resolution where they fall apart: Mario Tennis and Mario & Sonic clearly showing what the Wii U was capable of, while Double Dash is constantly meme material. Also the use of low resolution textures for things like the jumbo screens of Electrodrome was quite silly, in my opinion.

As a last remark, let's look at what happened with the Mario Kart 7 courses in Mario Kart Tour: put a decent polygon amount and an hardware capable of running 1080p60 resolution and lo-and-behold, the Mario Kart 7 courses actually looked good! Sadly, the use of craptastic driver models and the ludicrous rendering resolution made us forget about the game's visuals too soon, but I still think that Mario Kart 7 should be rediscovered artstyle-wise, especially now that we know how its courses were meant to look.

1634171404862.jpeg

Did you know? Official Nintendo of Europe materials give each of the Yoshis in Yoshi's Island a name: Yoshi, Jonny, Sunny, Claudi, Eddi, Netty, Tommy and Marci. These are used both in the official guide for the game and Club Nintendo comics. I kind of wish Black, White, and Orange Yoshi were given names as well, now that this has been discovered.

View attachment 19653

Did you know? Official Nintendo of Europe materials give each of the Yoshis in Yoshi's Island a name: Yoshi, Jonny, Sunny, Claudi, Eddi, Netty, Tommy and Marci. These are used both in the official guide for the game and Club Nintendo comics. I kind of wish Black, White, and Orange Yoshi were given names as well, now that this has been discovered.
Thing is, in that artwork Eddi is Orange Yoshi, not Brown Yoshi, but there's more to it, another official artwork showed Orange Yoshi in Yoshi's Island:
Yoshi-scene1.png

And Orange Yoshi wasn't in Yoshi's Island, Brown Yoshi was.

A quick look at the games revealed that in Paper Mario there was Brown Yoshi, but not Orange Yoshi.
Similarly, all the games with Orange Yoshi I looked at so far don't have Brown Yoshi.

I'm starting to suspect that Brown Yoshi and Orange Yoshi are actually meant to be the same Yoshi color, which would explain why Brown Yoshi disappeared in recent games.

I always thought Brown Yoshi and Orange Yoshi were kinda interchangeable and Brown was just a shade darker than orange. It's hard to tell in some games. That being said, Brown Yoshi is endangered....

Back