Mario pictures

DzX9RxkWwAEiecC.jpg

Source

Eh

Doesn't look much different from Strikers, so I wouldn't see why that would be worthy of cancellation.

Still counts.

Also Crocodile Isle in DK64 always looked more like a giant machine boat to me instead of a mountain.

Maybe that was just the primitive graphics.

Mcmadness said:
Still counts.

Also Crocodile Isle in DK64 always looked more like a giant machine boat to me instead of a mountain.

Maybe that was just the primitive graphics.

Crocodile Isle in DK64 is a naval fortress, Super Smash Bros Ultimate made it a natural island similarly to Crocodile Isle from DKC2

Esna said:
Crocodile Isle in DK64 is a naval fortress, Super Smash Bros Ultimate made it a natural island similarly to Crocodile Isle from DKC2

Well, what if, after he was defeated at the end of DK64 they just sat there and it grew over the machinery?

I mean that would probably take several centuries to actually do but would be amusing.

Saltman said:
Waluigi ranking higher than Daisy lol.

Also are they standing in the air?
Waluigi was very lucky in the first half of the game. He got most of the mini-stars on the board and also landed on a few Lucky Spaces to get even more mini-stars, and I was actually getting annoyed. Thankfully I caught up to him in the second half of the game, and I was in a comfortable lead by the end. Daisy lost a lot of her mini-stars on the board, and even though she did better at the minigames, she just couldn't catch up.

And yes, they are floating in midair.

Yoshi's design is so shit that they had to remove one of the spines so Yoshi bends properly. Yoshi's head simply doesn't fit.

800px-YoshiTongueAttack.jpg

800px-Yoshi_tongue_YIDS_artwork.jpg

YoshiTouchAndGo_-_Green_Yoshi.png

600px-YoshiCraftedWorld_-_FlutterYoshi.png

800px-YCW_Yoshi_Tongue.png

Yoshiart4.png

In this art below, you can even see where the damn thing is separated from the body, as if he got decapitated earlier and they glued his head back to resurrect him, at the cost of his vocal chords.
New_Super_Mario_Bros._U_Deluxe_Luigi_with_Yoshi.png

You don't have this problem with the older Yoshi because his neck and head were proportioned to accommodate an extremely basic yet signature function. The first artwork can easily fit the fourth spike. But it's telling when Yoshi uses FOUR spines and doesn't need to remove any compared to three-spined Yoshi with one spine occasionally torn off for promotional art.

SMW2Art1.png

800px-SMW_Art_-_Yoshi_and_Berry.png

And THIS is the extent of how far Yoshi can bend, and he looks terrible because he has to be changed so Mario can fit on him and Mario doesn't look like he'll slide off Yoshi. It's Yoshi's head, it's too bloody big and a lot of that real estate is already occupied by those bulging eyes. Just cut it off, it'll put him out of his misery.

YoshiNSMBW.png

It's already on top of the repulsive humanoid proportions. WHY the fuck did they redesign him again???? It just gives me a tenable reason to hate this fucker beyond "I don't like his voice" and "I don't like the way he looks at me". His design is legitimately bad.

Hell, not even the artists think it's any good because they keep trying to use the older design of Yoshi in the recent 2D art or redesign the fucking spines to be smaller and like the older one.

800px-Yoshi-tongue.png
800px-Yoshi-tongue_classic_design.png

Doc von Schmeltwick said:
Don't forget how Yoshi in general is a theropod-type dinosaur with no teeth.

Except when this horrible thing happens:
*image*

Yoshi's Story and its designs are just....ugh.

Excuse me, but this image is much better:
YI_PinkYoshi.png

No Yoshis actually make that weird mouth position in-game.

Worst part about Yoshi's Story is probably the system they used for graphics. A bunch of hodge-podged together pre-rendered 2D graphics butchered by all sorts of visual shaders and filters, and twisted, resized, and rotated to oblivion. Basically what TTYD did right. Anyways, a lot of rips on the wiki for graphics for Story are wholly inaccurate because the person who uploaded them didn't seem to realize the whole
bunch of hodge-podged together 3D graphics butchered by all sorts of visual shaders and filters, and twisted, resized, and rotated to oblivion
thing, and tried to mockup them together to horribly inaccurate results. The best thing to do would just be to use screenshots.

Also the designs just suck in general, and that's not even getting into the gameplay....

Reminds me of some of early attempts to piece together Thousand-Year Door sprites.

20110531145531%21LuigiPM2.PNG
20170415160526%21Parabuzzy.png
20190216005303%21Torque.PNG
20110604004838%21DarkParatroopa.png
20110810141320%21Paperparatroopa.png
20110604114530%21Red_Trooper_PMTTYD.png
20110809001356%21Papermagikamek.png

Back