The Mario appreciation thread.

King Boo from spin-offs looks different from the one from Luigi's Mansion.

According to my perspective Mario is cool.

Mcmadness said:
Back on the subject of Mario. Its always been said the 2 bros are plumbers but we largely never see it.

Well in my headcanon I always figured the ''Mario bros'' game was the representation of their plumbing. Its their day job to get rid of the pesky creatures and fix the pipes and the coins that appear is them getting paid.
I think they're plumbing when they're "offscreen". They're rescuing princesses and fighting bad guys, of course they have no time to do that stuff.

In regardes to Mario's voice and whether or not he should talk. I think if he reacted to things like he does in his unused voices for sunshine here I'd be all for him talking more.

Maᴙio said:
Mcmadness said:
Back on the subject of Mario. Its always been said the 2 bros are plumbers but we largely never see it.

Well in my headcanon I always figured the ''Mario bros'' game was the representation of their plumbing. Its their day job to get rid of the pesky creatures and fix the pipes and the coins that appear is them getting paid.
I think they're plumbing when they're "offscreen". They're rescuing princesses and fighting bad guys, of course they have no time to do that stuff.
I'm surprised Mario gets any sleep between saving the day, plumbing, constructing, doctoring, kart racing, tennis playing, etc, etc, etc

He probably drinks a lot of that Cuckoo Coffee or whatever the drink from Superstar Saga is called.

"Aren't I done yet??"

"There's MORE!?!"

"ANOTHER door!?!"

Those are amazing. Why didn't they use them?

Gabumon said:
"Aren't I done yet??"

"There's MORE!?!"

"ANOTHER door!?!"

Well the only doors in the game are in the hotel, but the other 2 I have no idea.

The second one would have been perfect for once you start playing the 7811489325782935623756273856234th red coin mission.

"Aren't I done yet" is the perfect response for blue coin missions

Gabumon said:
"Aren't I done yet??"

"There's MORE!?!"

"ANOTHER door!?!"

This is why Mario should talk.

Mario also has this drunk-sounding laughter too.

Wa-ha-hoo-huuuuuueggh.

Him being drunk would explain why he is saying hello to a door.

Let's take a moment to appreciate one of my favorite Melee characters.
Dr._Mario_SSBM.jpg

I'm allowed to talk about him in the Mario thread, right?

Its still Mario so, yeah.

GalacticPetey said:
Let's take a moment to appreciate one of my favorite Melee characters.
Dr._Mario_SSBM.jpg

I'm allowed to talk about him in the Mario thread, right?
Just what about him makes him so good?

I mean, I like using him too. I think it's his different attack properties.

He's a pretty solid character and pretty simple to use. He's also very fun to use.

Pills are also a great projectile. They do a ton of damage for a projectile and cause some good hitstun.

Maᴙio said:
Gabumon said:
"Aren't I done yet??"

"There's MORE!?!"

"ANOTHER door!?!"

Wa-ha-hoo-huuuuuueggh.

I would actually love it if they allowed Martinet to turn Mario into a character who tries to remain jovial but can't help but questions all the bullshit he encounters or has to live through.

Shame Miyamoto would never allow it, but one can dream.

it's sad they choose to remain him as a blank slate. charles martinet clearly goes beyond that idea by voicing mario on a daily basis :[

Gabumon said:
Maᴙio said:
Gabumon said:
"Aren't I done yet??"

"There's MORE!?!"

"ANOTHER door!?!"

Wa-ha-hoo-huuuuuueggh.

I would actually love it if they allowed Martinet to turn Mario into a character who tries to remain jovial but can't help but questions all the bullshit he encounters or has to live through.

This would be amazing.

Gabumon said:
Maᴙio said:
Gabumon said:
"Aren't I done yet??"

"There's MORE!?!"

"ANOTHER door!?!"

Wa-ha-hoo-huuuuuueggh.

I would actually love it if they allowed Martinet to turn Mario into a character who tries to remain jovial but can't help but questions all the bull*bleep* he encounters or has to live through.

I actually don't think thats Miyamoto's call.

Major changes to a company's mascot wouldn't just be something a developer can decide on.

Miyamoto isn't just "a developer". He is the creator of Mario and, to my understanding, he wields tremendous influence over a significant amount of things the company does.

I think it is pretty safe to say that if Miyamoto says Mario is not to say anything besides "yahoo" and "wahaa", then that and nothing else is what Mario will say until hell freezes over.

Back