What happened to Petey Piranha?

Probably not, as long Petey and the other plants keep Tatanga away from Daisy.

I like this theory, Daisy can't be named like a flower for nothing.

yoshiking14x said:
Probably not, as long Petey and the other plants keep Tatanga away from Daisy.

I like this theory, Daisy can't be named like a flower for nothing.

So Petey and his copy are her personal bodyguards when on-duty, yet a meance off-duty? Interesting...

GalacticPetey said:
Maᴙio said:
GalacticPetey said:
Tryclyde said:
I miss ol' Petey. I find it odd that they go through phases with certain characters. Petey and Toadsworth seem stuck in the GameCube era of Nintendo.
To be fair, Petey did decent in the Wii era. He got to be a captain in Strikers and a boss in Sticker Star.
He was also playable in Super Sluggers and appeared in Mario Sports Mix.
Yeah, but Sluggers was able to have a crap ton of characters so they had to pull a ton of characters from all over the series. Plus he already appeared in the first game and they weren't gonna remove any characters. He was lucky to be in Sports Mix though.
I didn't even now Petey was playable in Sports Mix.

Shy​ Guy said:
GalacticPetey said:
Maᴙio said:
GalacticPetey said:
Tryclyde said:
I miss ol' Petey. I find it odd that they go through phases with certain characters. Petey and Toadsworth seem stuck in the GameCube era of Nintendo.
To be fair, Petey did decent in the Wii era. He got to be a captain in Strikers and a boss in Sticker Star.
He was also playable in Super Sluggers and appeared in Mario Sports Mix.
Yeah, but Sluggers was able to have a crap ton of characters so they had to pull a ton of characters from all over the series. Plus he already appeared in the first game and they weren't gonna remove any characters. He was lucky to be in Sports Mix though.
I didn't even now Petey was playable in Sports Mix.

He is not, he just made an appearance.

His appearance was even significant: he was a main feature of the Daisy Garden stage and even had his own minigame (Feed Petey)

6 years later and Nintendo still hasn't used Petey properly he isn't even on the new Mario Strikes any theories why Nintendo has given him poor treatment after 2010?

Because Sunshine is dated.
Although Petey did show up in Puzzle Dragons as a collectable fighter, and has a Rabbid form in Kingdom Battle.

Last edited:
His last appearance, discounting remakes and rereleases, is Mario & Luigi: Dream Team. I hope Nintendo brings him back soon but it looks like they explicitly want the Toad species to not have visual variation besides color and in very specific cases outfit. It's a wonder Toadette survived.

On the subject of Petey, he finally made his return to Mario Kart after being absent since Double Dash. Too bad it's a predatory gacha mobile game that holds that honor. But I will say reviving characters that haven't been playable in a while or ever is the single silver lining to Tour.

Looking through Petey's game history, I say Petey's not really neglected. There was a gap between 2012 and 2015 in game appearances but he's made a fair few appearances, usually as a boss. I say Mario Tennis Aces is his most notable recent appearance as a playable character

Back