Unpopular opinions about the Super Smash Bros series.

git gud

I hate nerfs because instead of making more characters viable, it just stops characters from being viable. Unless a character is OP there shouldn't be any nerfs, and in this case both Olimar and Inkling require a lot of skill to learn, and at their best are just powerful, not overpowered. So that brings me back to first thing I said:

Get Good

Learn the match-up, practise against them in arenas and offline, but don't call for nerfs just because you can't beat the character.

If anything I'd like to see some buffs to characters who are bad such as Little Mac and King K. Rool.

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
git gud

I hate nerfs because instead of making more characters viable, it just stops characters from being viable. Unless a character is OP there shouldn't be any nerfs, and in this case both Olimar and Inkling require a lot of skill to learn, and at their best are just powerful, not overpowered. So that brings me back to first thing I said:

Get Good

Learn the match-up, practise against them in arena's and offline, but don't call for nerfs just because you can't beat the character.

If anything I'd like to see some buffs to characters who are bad such as Little Mac and King K. Rool.
Brawl Minus?

Dream Stone Spirit said:
Shy Guy on Wheels said:
git gud

Get Good

Learn the match-up, practise against them in arena's and offline, but don't call for nerfs just because you can't beat the character.

The best Brawl hack to ever exist?
FTFY

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
I hate nerfs, but we certainly didn't need to give buffs to that contemptible electric rabies-ravaged fur corpse, but they gave it buffs anyway.

Dream Stone Spirit said:
Inkling needs a nerf. Period.

i think inkling is fine the way they are tbh

Shy Guy on Wheels said:
git gud

Get Good

Learn the match-up, practise against them in arenas and offline, but don't call for nerfs just because you can't beat the character.

Nerfs are important to maintain the competitive balance of the game. Did you see what happened in brawl and 4 where you just had two busted characters that the whole meta ended up revolving around? Nerfs and buffs work in tandem with each other.

Except in those characters' cases, they weren't addressed with any nerfs.

At the time of their games.

a furry said:
Except in those characters' cases, they weren't addressed with any nerfs.

At the time of their games.
Yeah I know that was my point it's called reading comprehension try it sometime.

Yo I didn't see a word, must be that.

So yeah... point amplified I guess

Honoka's #5 Fan said:
Nerfs are important to maintain the competitive balance of the game. Did you see what happened in brawl and 4 where you just had two busted characters that the whole meta ended up revolving around? Nerfs and buffs work in tandem with each other.
Yes, I do agree that nerfs are sometimes required when a character is purely better then everyone else, rather then how it is now in Ultimate where a few characters are purely worse. I acknowledged that in my post when I said "Unless a character is OP". The post was more directed at the want to nerf characters simply because someone can not beat them.

Nerfs happen to newbie biters so it's not a matter of tourney, it can be sometimes just online being terrible

Villager. R.O.B. Bayonetta. Why is it better than those?

Roy Mustang said:
Mr. Game and Watch has the best recovery in the game

And I hate that.

Makes him hard to kill.

Unless he is dumb enough to not grab the ledge and instead recover onto the stage.

it lets you attempt to spike your opponent with dair off stage fairly safely which is epic!
i dont know what the best up b really is but i wanted to chime in as a game and watch main....... some recoveries may do better vertically, or horizontally, or usability as an attack, or both i dont know lmao

YoshiFlutterJump said:
Kirby's side b is the best move ever to come to Smash Bros. Enough said.

nope, his up tilt in smash 64

Fox's/Falco's Shine in Melee is the best move in Smash Bros.

Back