Super Mario Maker

yeah it's (sorta) the same for me. can't clear that last stage in hard mode b/c it's ridiculous

also i just got the gold mario costume
HYES

GBAToad said:
also has anyone cleared the hard fly swatting minigame and if so tell me your secrets
I hear that the secret is spamming the HOME button, which freezes the game in place.

it would help if I had my stylus somewhere that isn't under the sofa/couch somewhere

The Pyro Guy said:
it would help if I had my stylus somewhere that isn't under the sofa/couch somewhere
Sometimes when I leave my stylus around, my parents put it in either my 3DS or DSi. Luckily I found it last week.

I find it quite irritating that you have to beat your level to upload it, especially when you make a really hard one. But it helps prevent certain levels from being uploaded.

Then again, it really irritates me.

Hattie Hattington said:
I find it quite irritating that you have to beat your level to upload it, especially when you make a really hard one. But it helps prevent certain levels from being uploaded.

It took me an hour to upload one of my levels because of this. But the system is cheap-impossible-level proof, which I like.

Iggy Waffles said:
Hattie Hattington said:

It took me an hour to upload one of my levels because of this. But the system is cheap-impossible-level proof, which I like.
The time it took me to upload my levels

Koopa's Revenge: 3 Hours
Run For It!: 15 Minutes
Cave Of Pain: 2.5 Hours
Gear Bouncer: 6 Hours

I sometimes think of this game as a torture device for fingers.

The biggest problem, however, is the fact that even if you're able to fully complete your course, the other players are often prone to failing it a lot. Even your easiest courses can end up with low clear percentages, all because the players who are playing them just don't them a chance.

My courses aren't even Kaizo hard, and yet they're heavily prone to getting very low clear percentages.

muh representation

interesting that this is (i think) the third removed costume they've added back in
A(1.0)
B(0.95)
BabyMario
BalloonFight
C(0.9)
D(0.85)
EGadd
GoldenRetri
MarioUs
Mashiko
MrSaturn
Muncher
Nabbit
PinkRabbit
Popo
Tetris
WindowsLogo

windowslogo hype

Nice to see E.Gadd again.

Poor old guy needs more love.

E.Gadd needs to be in more Mario games.

dang

nintendo deleted my first course from the servers

not that it matters it was a really bad course but still
i didnt think it would happen so quickly to me

Last night UM, 3D Player, and I were trying to figure out how long it was before they deleted a course.

This was in chat.

The Pyro Guy said:
dang

nintendo deleted my first course from the servers

not that it matters it was a really bad course but still
i didnt think it would happen so quickly to me

If your course doesn't receive even one star, it will be subject to deletion. It's safe to assume that your deleted course didn't get any stars.

well all it was was a bunch of piranha plants with Goombas on top that you had to jump on so yeah it probably didn't get any stars

to be fair it was my first course made with only the basic elements

Big Bertha in Super Mario Maker

What if they added Big Bertha in Super Mario Maker? She would function like the Cheep Cheeps placed in non-water themes -- I mean, she would always leap out of the water, reaching the height the player placed her at, trying to eat Mario. She would only be available in SMB and SMB3 styles; as for the other styles, she'd become Porcu Puffer, an enemy which behaves very similarly. (As you might know, Big Bertha did not show up in mainstream games after SMB3.)

And the player could also shake these guys and create other enemies! Here's exactly which:

Exclusive to SMB and SMB3 styles, if you shake a Big Bertha, it becomes Angry Sun !
Exclusive to SMW style, if you shake a Porcu Puffer, it becomes a Blargg...
Lastly, exclusive to NSMBU style, if you shake a Porcu Puffer, it transforms into a Magmaw, which looks and behaves like the Blargg.

Whaddya guys say about this ? Am I good or terrible at giving ideas ?

Post Scriptum: Of course, they would have to make new sprites for Big Bertha and Angry Sun in SMB style. And yes, I know they have probably given up on the sun enemy, as evidenced in the game's code.

Well, E. Gadd was removed from the code, but added in later, so there's always a chance.

The Pyro Guy said:
Well, E. Gadd was removed from the code, but added in later, so there's always a chance.

No he's not. His name was always in the code, it's just that he lacked graphics and whatnot.

Back