Super Mario Maker

Re: Mario Maker

John Alabama said:
Lumastar said:
Cirdec said:
Lumastar said:
I actually can see a Mario Kart Maker happening if this does well.

This will never happen. It's just too complex.
It's still far from as complicated as a 3D Mario Maker would likely be. Besides, Nintendo would have many past examples if they actually made a Mario Kart Maker. In fact, they already experimented with track creation back in the 64 era with Excitebike 64 and F-Zero X.

But the question is, if a 3D Mario Kart Maker would come out, would it be a seperate game or part of a mainstream Mario Kart game

Little Big Planet Karting already allows you to make courses. :/

I feel like I have witnessed the most impossible course.

What they did was make it so you could not reach the Goal Gate unless you could use something to get over the wall to finish the course. What they did was use a track and added an invisible block on the track, it would fall off at an angle at some unknown time (because you can't see the block or the track) and in the block was a spring. I waited for two whole 500 seconds and nothing happened. I think I will put Mario Maker down for a while, that was too much.

YoshiGo99 said:
I feel like I have witnessed the most impossible course.

What they did was make it so you could not reach the Goal Gate unless you could use something to get over the wall to finish the course. What they did was use a track and added an invisible block on the track, it would fall off at an angle at some unknown time (because you can't see the block or the track) and in the block was a spring. I waited for two whole 500 seconds and nothing happened. I think I will put Mario Maker down for a while, that was too much.

That asks you the question, "How is that even possible?" The course creator must be quite sadistic to do something like that.

i played a similar course that started you off with the endgoal right next to you, blocked only by a few brick blocks that needed to be broken by a spin jump in order to reach it

the only mushroom dropped in from off-screen and landed on a track about a few seconds into the level

when you touched the mushroom, you died.

turns out the person had a boo and a mushroom drop down at the same time and as such the boo was hidden behind the mushroom, so you had to spin jump in order to get it

fucking nuts lol

So I played Super Mario Maker recently.

It seems very lacking IMO, I keep asking "does it do this" "does it do that"? Only to find out, a lot of "no"s. You can't make dancing blocks, you can't change the speed of the blocks on rails, the rail length can't be shortened, time limit can't be more than 500, no slopes, no themes, no spike balls, no invisible ? block (if I recall correctly), arbitrary "shake them to make them do new things" or some clunky BS like that), lack if powerups, no ability to turn off music (gets annoying when you edit levels).

The tiling is pretty easy compared to Reggie!, but at the same time, it's annoying when you want a good-looking landmass and you have to keep scribbling to get the result you want. I also dislike the default starting platform and how it can't be merged with the course itself, so you can't even make a level that resembles, say, the first one. The starting platform will look pretty ugly there.

I DO love creating enclosed spaces, creating pipes that spawn Bob-ombs, creating pipes that spawn Goombas/Koopas/Dry Bones, and then putting the fire thing inside the enclosed space so they trigger the Bob-ombs to blow up, and then the enemies are sent flying. And you're outside this space so it looks like you're in enemy torture prison. I just wish spike balls were there so I can watch them spawn and continuously run them over Goombas.

Also, my favorite Costume Mario has got to be the Mario Trio even though I never played Paper Jam.

All in all, though, my playing of it makes me even more convinced that it desperately needs mod support.

Oh, I thought those were recolored ? blocks because other editors had gray-colored blocks to help with the themes (for instance gray colored blocks are intended for match the castle/haunted theme if I recall correctly). Thanks for that!

I hate it when i make a really hard level that i want to upload but it takes me a long time to beat and it makes SMM a torture device for fingers.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/01/yamamura_event_course_and_outfit_coming_to_super_mario_maker_on_13th_january

>yamamura costume
>not superior mary. o
>meme arrows

GBAToad said:
list of things in super mario maker that got in over daisy:
Waluigi
a trampoline
a Wii Fit Balance Board
two Isabelles
Foreman Spike
a majong tile
a Mercedes Benz
a living pile of vomit
Super Mario Land Mario
Captain Toad
Birdo
an Excitebiker
a pigeon

fucking brutal

edit: also in regards to the captain toad costume it's so much better than the regular toad costume because he makes annoying noises as he jumps, like in Super Toad 67

please cut daisy from the next mario spinoff i want to taste the tears

i kinda feel sorry for daisy fans on the one hand though

i mean this is getting pretty ridiculous at this point

I don't think that's good for your blood pressure.

It's all "Daisy this and Daisy that, and Daisy go away." But it's "Come on Miss Daisy!" When it's sports they want to play.

A cookie for anyone that gets this reference.

GBAToad said:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2016/01/yamamura_event_course_and_outfit_coming_to_super_mario_maker_on_13th_january

>yamamura costume
>not superior mary. o
>meme arrows
But I love pigeons. :(

Yamamura's the best.

horses tbh said:
please cut daisy from the next mario spinoff i want to taste the tears

i kinda feel sorry for daisy fans on the one hand though

i mean this is getting pretty ridiculous at this point
It was ridiculous since the Mahjong Tile thing.

Oh boy. A pigeon costume.

Maybe they'll try and get Mike Tyson back into a contract.

Mike Tyson's Pigeon Simulator, anyone?

I'm calling it. The next mystery mushroom character will be from the Kirby series.

The Pyro Guy said:
I'm calling it. The next mystery mushroom character will be from the Kirby series.
i'd certainly be down for this, though i think the next one is going to be a mary o. costume, what with the yamamura costume being a thing

they made her voice very annoying

Glowsquid said:
they made her voice very annoying
it's worse than captain toad's
how did they manage that

GBAToad said:
list of things in super mario maker that got in over daisy:
Waluigi
a trampoline
a Wii Fit Balance Board
two Isabelles
Foreman Spike
a majong tile
a Mercedes Benz
a living pile of vomit
Super Mario Land Mario
Captain Toad
Birdo
an Excitebiker
a pigeon

fucking brutal
the definitive list
damn i was hoping they'd at least add in another row of costumes before daisy so i could keep this going

Is it weird that I find Fawful more annoying than Daisy? To be honest, the most annoying thing in Mario is Toads in whole.

Anyways, about time Nintendo. Thank you!

Personally, I am glad "Hi I'm Daisy" is not the pose, mainly because I thought that this quote kind of ruined Princess Daisy for some people.

I might be in the minority, but I don't find Princess Daisy annoying.

Thanks for reading.

Back