Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker

I wouldn't doubt America will follow with that delay. It's probably so Smash Bros. won't devour it's sales, Nintendo should've known that already so I don't know why they said Holiday 2015.

MidnaFreak said:
DaKid said:
It's probably so Smash Bros. won't devour it's sales

WHATEVER I SEE I SHALL

x8rCIc9.gif

DEVOUR!

actually mario kart sells more than smash bros.

So I was in an argument with this absolute fool of a person on Gamefaqs about Captain Toad is the Toad, provided proof and everything and he still just discard everything I say. Talking about my "Western sources" aren't as good as the Japanese ones he has or some s**** like that.

Not to stir stuff up here but he basically (he didn't say this) but he makes it seem like people who edit the Mario Wiki are over zealous fans who read too much into things, mix things up with fanfiction, and make things up so that it makes sense to them. Basically idiots.

He says there is no single one definitive Toad and that "One Toad is all Toad" his argument changes so many times it's ridiculous. Have a read: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/805615-captain-toad-treasure-tracker/69675583

There are some things on Mario Wiki that need to be edited like the Blue Toad from SM3DW being the Toad as it's highly, and I mean damnthere irrefutable evidence that he is not the Toad. In the credits of SM3DW you see Captain Toad with the other Members of the Toad Brigade, Pink, Green, and Yellow. But Blue Toad is missing because..... he's with Mario and crew. The Toad is Captain Toad so it makes sense why Blue Toad took his place. http://youtu.be/1Rb179w1_C4?t=9m16s

...are people really this obsessed over what is THE Toad?

Tuxedo Ridley said:
...are people really this obsessed over what is THE Toad?
There is no THE Toad. Every game Toad appears in is a different one. Captain Toad is a specific Toad but not THE Toad.
Toadette is Captain Toad's sister who has a different boyfriend every game. They all look the same because they're generic as fuck. Toadsworth is Toadette and Captain Toad's grandfather. Toadbert is one of the Toads in the Toad Brigade. Blue Toad is actually Toadbert without his glasses and with an inverted mushroom hat. Yellow Toad is a random Toad who wears yellow because he dreams of being Spongebob and tags along with Toadbert because he is afraid of everything.

^That's my headcanon regarding Toads.

MidnaFreak said:
Baby Man said:
actually mario kart sells more than smash bros.

Maybe that's because Smash bros isn't actually released yet.

Do you think I'm dumb enough to think that? Of course not.

Mario Kart Wii sold more than Brawl.

I brought this up at Gamefaqs...

That Dragon being irrefutably some callback to Rex from SMW. Look at them.... they're almost identical.

Rex (SMW)
Rex.jpg

Dragon Boss (CTTT)
Boss1TreasureTracker.png

He even has the little wings Rex's have:
1288533_1_b.jpg

The only thing is that he's red, those whiskers, and his horns are on top his head. But that's not uncommon because him being red and all that stuff could just be to differentiated him.

My theory is..

Rex's finally make a return in one of the mainline games as enemies. The Dragon Boss is the "King" of Rex's due to his size and color. His spikes on his head represent a crown.

If you look at this artwork, you can see him at the bottom and most of his body.
BOXARTcttt.png
What do you think?

He reminds me of a cross between Rexes, a Gobblegut, and Chinese dragons

I think it reminds me of Gobblegut more than Rex.

I wonder if the dragon is going to be Captain Toad's archenemy or is just one of the bosses, I may be wrong but that dragon managed to be in the boxart, so there is the posibility of having more screen time.

yoshiking14x said:
There IS the possibility of the return of Wart, but I could be wrong alot easier than being right.

As much chance as getting hit by a gamma ray burst I suppose

I'll bet this forum Nickel that the villain will be Bowser.

'Blaze predicted it first

SolarBlaze said:
Hmm... It doesn't look like a bad game, but judging from the presence of Kamek and all the other enemies, I already have a pretty good idea of who the main villain is. As always, I'm sure the final boss will be simply brimming with originality.

yoshiking14x said:
There IS the possibility of the return of Wart, but I could be wrong alot easier than being right.

Hey do we have any theories about Wart?

Maybe we can associate him with the frog in the DKC track in Mario Kart 7?

MidnaFreak said:
yoshiking14x said:

Hey do we have any theories about Wart?

Maybe we can associate him with the frog in the DKC track in Mario Kart 7?

But the frog is an actual enemy in the Donkey Kong Country Returns track

The frogs aren't really aligned with the tikis, they're just Wart's scout force that arrived ahead of his invasion.

Baby Luigi said:
'Blaze predicted it first

SolarBlaze said:
Hmm... It doesn't look like a bad game, but judging from the presence of Kamek and all the other enemies, I already have a pretty good idea of who the main villain is. As always, I'm sure the final boss will be simply brimming with originality.

I'm still betting this forum nickel

Back