Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker

If they're not dense enough to realize that adding Blue Toad and Yellow Toad over someone like Toad and Toadette as playable characters is a dumb decision, then maybe I'd hope.

But the problem is that, yes, they are dense and ignorant enough to not know that there are characters that exist outside of Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi, Bowser, and Toads.

Well either way, I'll enjoy this game. Just to clarify about the levels we seen that weren't just cubes.

Tower Level.
Minecart Level.
Train Level.
Dragon Level

But the overall difference to the cube levels from SM3DW, they're more layered and designed to be actual places/locations, and not look like blatant obstacle courses.

Look at them in comparison.

SM3DW:
800px-SM3DWtower.png

CTTT:
modal_mainimg01.png

SM3DW:
800px-SM3DW_W5-Toad.png

CTTT:
Screenshot5TreasureTracker.jpg

SM3DW:
800px-SM3DW_W2-Toad.png

CTTT:
Screenshot3TreasureTracker.jpg

Just goes to show that there's a huge difference here that I think some people haven't realized when it comes to the level design as well as the graphics.

I'm rather looking forward to it myself. A nice puzzle game of sorts and its good to see Toad get his own game with unique gameplay that suits this franchise.

I've seen the pics...the presentation certainly looks more interesting, but I hope we get more stuff of interest.

Perhaps Amiibo will let you unlock more levels? Wouldn't it be cool if they add an amiibo model of an unlockable level?

Maybe? Or new characters? We'll have to wait and see. I wonder if there will be Co-op multiplayer or something of the sort. Still holding out for a level editor.
tumblr_n7jn6mG48H1qhccbco1_500.gif

Having co-op is generally better so Baby Luigi doesn't have to play while I watch.

Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker doesn't HAVE to have multiplayer but it'll greatly increase my chances of buying if it has.

Baby Luigi said:
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker doesn't HAVE to have multiplayer but it'll greatly increase my chances of buying if it has.
Because you have an identical twin sister. ;)

Mio Akiyama said:
I'm sure she's aware of that.

That's why her commonly accepted nickname is "Captain Obvious"

Oops, I forgot to add a little asterix: "BabyLuigiOnFire's definition of common"

Lumastar said:
It turns out the price might be $39.99.

That still sounds overpriced.

Even for a 20 dollar discount from average.

Games are just damn overpriced these days

Baby Man said:
Lumastar said:
It turns out the price might be $39.99.

That still sounds overpriced.

Even for a 20 dollar discount from average.

Games are just dang overpriced these days

Video games used to cost upwards to $80-$90. Even adjusted for inflation thats CHEAP by comparison.

Mcmadness said:
Video games used to cost upwards to $80-$90. Even adjusted for inflation thats CHEAP by comparison.

They still cost that much in Australia :(

Plain Ol Giga12 said:
Mcmadness said:

:(

So 'mericans like me shouldn't complain, huh?

Well I dunno, 60 dollars is less than 80 but that's like saying 200 is less than 500. They're still both freaking expensive.

Plain Ol Giga12 said:
Mcmadness said:

ozgameshop

If you don't mind waiting for shipping time, you can get games for cheaper usually.

My Gametraders has sales often though, and that's when I can get games for like $40.

http://www.vooks.net/captain-toad-treasure-tracker-delayed-to-2015-in-europe-and-australia/

Great looks us Brits as well as the Aussies are getting the game late :-\

Back