Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker

Comfirmed: Treasure Tracker is a presequl.

Gabriele said:
Comfirmed: Treasure Tracker is a presequl.

i think you meant "prequel"

A prequel by definition means a game that was released after a game but chronologically takes place before the game. It can't be both at the same time, they're mutually exclusive terms relative to one game.

So it's a prequel.

Pretty sure this takes place in the timeline where Mario fails to stop Bowser from obtaining the 7 Chaos Emeralds and taking over the Sprixie Kingdom.

Captain Toad, as humanity's last hope, defeats the true mastermind, Wingo, to revert the timeline to its original place, but no one knows of his great deeds and as a result.

Game is great, by the way.

All I can say is when I do get my funds together (right now, I'm dealing with extinuating circumstances with my family), this game will be on my target list. Really sad that the character that's involved is only set for a certain batch of stages related to the entire game. I see where the developers are coming from in relation to this, but still.

Gamefreak75 said:
Pretty sure this takes place in the timeline where Mario fails to stop Bowser from obtaining the 7 Chaos Emeralds and taking over the Sprixie Kingdom.

Captain Toad, as humanity's last hope, defeats the true mastermind, Wingo, to revert the timeline to its original place, but no one knows of his great deeds and as a result.

Game is great, by the way.

Chaos Emerald? Not in this game.

yoshiking14x said:
Are the Amiibos for this game already explained?

Sadly, no. I think they'll be used to make Captain Toad/Assisstant Toadette be in that certain Amiibo's character, and gets on of their powers.

I got this game for Christmas, and I love it. It's actually really challenging. It doesn't give you tons of lives like in the platformers and it's one of the only games where I've actually gotten a few game overs.

Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker's release date!!!

[quote author=wiiudaily]Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is an upcoming game for the Wii U. The game is based on the Super Mario 3D World Captain Toad puzzle levels and will feature more of the same gameplay that is featured in Super Mario 3D World. The game was announced at E3 2014 and currently does not have a release date.[/quote]
It was released on December 2014!

kevinmario said:
[quote author=wiiudaily]Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is an upcoming game for the Wii U. The game is based on the Super Mario 3D World Captain Toad puzzle levels and will feature more of the same gameplay that is featured in Super Mario 3D World. The game was announced at E3 2014 and currently does not have a release date.
[/quote]

error 501 internal server error - FATAL FAILURE WEBSITE IS NOT UP TO DATE ENOUGH

Lumastar said:
kevinmario said:
yoshiking14x said:
I still like this bird. :)

Is Wingo and the dragon the only bosses of the game or there is still more to discover?
There's still more bosses to discover.
yoshiking14x] Do you know this for sure said:
kevinmario said:
[quote author=wiiudaily] Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker is an upcoming game for the Wii U. The game is based on the Super Mario 3D World Captain Toad puzzle levels and will feature more of the same gameplay that is featured in Super Mario 3D World. The game was announced at E3 2014 and currently does not have a release date.

error 501 internal server error - FATAL FAILURE WEBSITE IS NOT UP TO DATE ENOUGH
thanks! they really should update it.

I have completed the main portion of the game, and while I agree that Wingo is not that hard, the mission objective in the level of its second encounter made this boss a lot more pressing, since you don't start from the beginning (which is important to achieve said goal).

Now for the bonus content.

Thanks for reading.

I have initially wanted to complain about how Mummy-Me Maze Forever was very difficult since I played for three days without success, but I just finished that level just now, so that's basically the game done! It was very challenging, I must say.

There are several things I found challenging. One such hurdle is the fire-breathing Piranha Plants, which can extend their reach and hit you, and I learned that they are best dealt with when you stun them by tapping, which is easier than waiting for them to finish attacking and then sneak past them. Another hurdle is the Shy Guys. I heard people say that they are easy to bypass, but I found them to be on the difficult side because they can be tricky to get past when they spot me. Of course, the Chargin' Chucks are hard too because if I can't see them, it's basically hard to find the best way to get past them. Even though some people say that Boos are not easy, I found them easy to dodge, probably because I normally switch my angle to a bird's eye view, allowing me to dodge them. I think that the fact that I am always moving make the Boos not hard to avoid since they turn slowly.

*Whew* I'm glad I got past that challenge! I must say it's fun despite my frustrations in the past three days attempting to bypass them. Now all that's left is to finish all the levels within the star times, and I have finished Book 3 and Bonus so far. Why did I finish on both first, because I am working my way backwards to the beginning. I prefer to end on an easier level than to be stumped in a hard one. I must say that I am surprised that there is an indicator of my achievement in the form of stars around the Captain Toad stamps.

Thanks for reading.

Back